Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

The Invention of Lying

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

The Invention of Lying

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:37 am

The title of the film tells you exactly what it's about (and it's obviousness makes it even more funny, at least to me). Basically it takes place in a world where everyone tells the truth, but a writer (Ricky Gervais) finds out that he can use it for personal gain.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1058017/

I'm a big supporter of Gervais. The Office UK and his last stand-up special were awesome. And I even enjoyed one of his recent films, Ghost Town.

I think with him starring AND writing the story about the invention of lying is going to set this up to be a really funny one. Hopefully...
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Re: The Invention of Lying

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:00 pm

I really was excited about it..until I saw Jonah Hill's name attached to it.

That guy is like an unfunny poor mans version of Seth Rogen, can't stand him and I think him and Micheal Cera are overrated.

I might still see it because Gervais is directing it, but I do wish Hill would stop appearing in movies that would be pefectly fine without him in it.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture