Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Blockbuster Access

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Blockbuster Access

Unread postby furls » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:53 pm

Is possibly the greatest thing EVER.

17.99 per month and I get unlimited rentals off the internet, and I can take them back to blockbuster, turn them in and trade them for XBox 360 games or other movies that don't count against my queue? This is the best deal ever, I am just waiting for the hitch, the part where they bill my credit card 4724 dollars or something.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:24 am

Their retort to Netflix. And allegedly, a superior service if you have a Blockbuter bricks & mortar near you that you're used to frequenting.

I read a column somewhere some time back talking about how much $$$ Blockbuster lost by being late to this game, but its clearly the future.

$17.99 a month is what I pay for the Netflix three at a time service, without the added features. To be honest though, I wouldn't use the bricks and mortar store anyway. And I haven't played a video game since starting this website and having a kid 19 months ago.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:03 pm

Had Blockbuster had this service 2 years ago I would have been all over it, as I drive past one going to and coming from work. Instead, I used my 2 movie Netflix subscription like a madman, and it's going to be a while until I'm ready to commit to a subscription service again. When I do, it just might be Blockbuster's, though, unless there's that hitch like you said that probably is either there right now or coming from right around the bend.

Honestly, with Time Warner's basic digital cable I get Fox Movie Channel and the Independent Film Channel, and there's plenty of interesting movies on those two commercial free that I'm happy.

There's also a gay movie channel that I noticed was recently added to the lineup, but I haven't seen anything that interests me there. I do note that it doesn't show up on the channel lineup at TWCNEO.com (it's like channel 170). Just in case that interests anyone.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby furls » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:22 pm

The best part of the bricks and mortar thing is when you get that impulsive, I must see this movie tonight thing. I do most of my renting on the spur of the moment. That is why I never committed to a net based one before.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:26 pm

Yes, I agree Furls. Between my DVD collection and my digital cable PPV, I can still scratch that itch most of the time.

Still, there's something I do miss about spending 30 min roaming around the movie store, rifling through the new releases and trying to find hidden gems in the other racks.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture