Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Knowing

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Knowing

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:35 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448011/

I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Nicolas Cage may now be a stiff. But despite him, the movie was pretty neat. If you like science-fiction thrillers, give it a watch.

By the way, I'm still in love with Rose Byrne. Suck me sideways... (inlove)
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Re: Knowing

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:45 am

Bwahahahah. I had to sit through that movie. They should've called it "Knowing..... I'm Not Going To Like This Movie".

Noting against your taste Bill, just not my kinda flick. I liked Nick Cage in Leaving Las Vegas and Raising Arizona. That is all.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby davemanddd » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:26 pm

actually, i thought it was more religious than sci-fi. the spooky stalker guys weren't aliens, but rather they were angels. it almost had a feel of the "last days" prophecy from the book of revelation. and when they took the boy and the girl to start a new world, it was like they symbolized a new-age adam and eve. cage even played a son of a preacher who had turned his back on religion only to return in the end like the prodigal son.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:14 am

davemanddd wrote:actually, i thought it was more religious than sci-fi.

Ehhh same thing, right? :dingle:

In all seriousness though, the idea of "God" and "angels" being actual space aliens is a common theory. A very cool theory, IMO. I mean, back in the day (500 years ago) the world was thought to be flat and sea monsters were considered a legitimate water hazard. Now back back in the day (2000 years ago), if aliens did fly down from the "heavens", I'm sure the people of that time would think they were gods or something.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture