Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Dumbest Upcoming Movie Ideas

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Dumbest Upcoming Movie Ideas

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 am

Since I'm on sabatical for the Crystal Ball, I figured I could keep making fun of stupid movies here...most being either idiotic sequels, bad TV adaptations, or third-rate comic book adaptations.

The Green Hornet

Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet? Looking at Cameron Diaz for the girlfriend? And Rogen thought "Observe and Report" tanked at the box office.

The A-Team

Currently, Bradley Cooper (The Hangover) is the only one officially cast, as Faceman. Liam Neeson is rumored for Hannibal Smith (NOOOO), and Common as BA Baracus.

T.J. Hooker

Brilliant! (sarcasm intended). Rumors have this as William Shatner and his Big Giant Head and Ego will be in it as the original TJ, with the film focusing on the relationship he has with his cop son...who is the TJ that will be at the forefront. Evidently, they learned nothing from "Starsky & Hutch".

Hong Kong Phooey

A combination live action/animation. Yeah...that worked so well with "Underdog".

The Smurfs

Hated these little blue bastards on TV...I plan to hate them even more onscreen...unless they all get killed. Then I'll love it.

Asteroids

A movie based on a cheezy 80s video game? I guess bombs made from more recent games (Max Payne, Hitman) made them go in another direction. Can't wait for the "Pacman" movie (that's a joke...but it really wouldn't surprise me). And speaking of which...

Hitman 2

For the 200 people who saw the first one.

Predator

A remake of the original. Not another sequel. Why?

Total Recall

??????

Green Lantern

That's right, fanbois...I went there. And I'll also slam any fool deciding to make a movie about any of the other third rate superheroes like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Ant-Man (heard that's in development), Green Arrow, etc.

Deadpool

Yeah...because that character was SO interesting in the lame assed Wolverine movie.

Footloose

When Zac Efron drops out...that tells you something. It tells you not to remake this cheesy Kevin Bacon classic.

Fame

Comes out in a few weeks. Don't be looking for any reviews from me on this one.

The Warriors

We've discussed this one earlier...but it just needs to be put here again to amp up the Outrage. For those that missed it, Tony Scott plans to "update it", and move it to LA, making it more about real gangs, and not the stylized semi-fairy tale that Walter Hill used for the original.

Karate Kid

Will Smith is doing this so his brat kid Jaden can get a starring role.

Flight of the Navigator

OK...I have to quit for now after that one. I need some serious tequilla shots to handle contemplating all of these.

More later.

Re: Dumbest Upcoming Movie Ideas

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am

I'm shocked...shocked, I tell you, that you're not psyched for the Footloose remake.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:42 pm

Karate Kid

Wait...... What? Is Will Smith Asian? Pat Morita was great, why would you fuck with the classics?

Predator should also be left alone, that was a great cast.

Hollywood sucks, this is becoming pathetic. What's next, remaking The Godfather? Hey maybe they could get Seth Rogen to play Sonny.

And how the FUCK do you make a movie based on Asteroids? There was no plot to the game, you see Asteroids, you shoot them. Shit this might make Armageddon and Deep Impact look like award winning material.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:49 pm

If you strangle a smurf what colour does it turn?
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Mitch wrote:Since I'm on sabatical for the Crystal Ball, I figured I could keep making fun of stupid movies here...most being either idiotic sequels, bad TV adaptations, or third-rate comic book adaptations.

The Green Hornet

Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet? Looking at Cameron Diaz for the girlfriend? And Rogen thought "Observe and Report" tanked at the box office.

I actually really enjoyed "Observe and Report", on first glance it looks like "Paul Blart-Mall Cop", but Rogen and co. go a completely different direction and it's pretty head scratching, and is actually pretty dark in a way. It's sort of in the same mold that a "Big Lebowski" is in, Not as good a movie, but that's more so what you have to think of when going to see it.

Also, to rant in regards to dumb movies, why do "Final Destination" movies keep being made? Every other death scene is so unrealistic and insulting to the manufacturers of some brands that I'm shocked that the producers have not been sued into the stoneage. Yup, an Engine from a awesome top of the line Nascar that somehow is racing at some pathetic short track with limited fencing flying into the crowd somehow physically flipping into the air multiple times (which I have yet to see occur in nascar multiple times), it's engine flies into the stands and somehow lands into the stands killing multiple people.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:18 pm

Mitch wrote:Since I'm on sabatical for the Crystal Ball, I figured I could keep making fun of stupid movies here...most being either idiotic sequels, bad TV adaptations, or third-rate comic book adaptations.

The Green Hornet

The A-Team

Currently, Bradley Cooper (The Hangover) is the only one officially cast, as Faceman. Liam Neeson is rumored for Hannibal Smith (NOOOO), and Common as BA Baracus.

T.J. Hooker

Brilliant! (sarcasm intended). Rumors have this as William Shatner and his Big Giant Head and Ego will be in it as the original TJ, with the film focusing on the relationship he has with his cop son...who is the TJ that will be at the forefront. Evidently, they learned nothing from "Starsky & Hutch".

Hong Kong Phooey

A combination live action/animation. Yeah...that worked so well with "Underdog".

The Smurfs

Hated these little blue bastards on TV...I plan to hate them even more onscreen...unless they all get killed. Then I'll love it.

Asteroids

A movie based on a cheezy 80s video game? I guess bombs made from more recent games (Max Payne, Hitman) made them go in another direction. Can't wait for the "Pacman" movie (that's a joke...but it really wouldn't surprise me). And speaking of which...

Hitman 2

For the 200 people who saw the first one.

Predator

A remake of the original. Not another sequel. Why?

Total Recall

??????

Green Lantern

That's right, fanbois...I went there. And I'll also slam any fool deciding to make a movie about any of the other third rate superheroes like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Ant-Man (heard that's in development), Green Arrow, etc.

Deadpool

Yeah...because that character was SO interesting in the lame assed Wolverine movie.

Footloose

When Zac Efron drops out...that tells you something. It tells you not to remake this cheesy Kevin Bacon classic.

Fame

Comes out in a few weeks. Don't be looking for any reviews from me on this one.

The Warriors

We've discussed this one earlier...but it just needs to be put here again to amp up the Outrage. For those that missed it, Tony Scott plans to "update it", and move it to LA, making it more about real gangs, and not the stylized semi-fairy tale that Walter Hill used for the original.

Karate Kid

Flight of the Navigator

OK...I have to quit for now after that one. I need some serious tequilla shots to handle contemplating all of these.

More later.

dumb American movie goers: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby BruceK » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:50 pm

You want dumb? IMDB has a rumor of a "My Fair Lady" remake starring Keira Knightly

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0461136/
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:04 pm

The Smurfs

So you ARE playing Gargamel?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:50 pm

Mitch is pissed because he's actually going to have to WATCH most of those movies. Sucks to be you! :hide:
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby BDFD » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Ok, I read a bit into the Predator remake. Predator is one of my top three favorite movies and the thought of a remake pissed me off. It appears just to be a reboot called 'Predators' and is produced and directed by Robert Rodriguez.

http://screenrant.com/rodriguez-director-predators-reboot-carl-6936/

One thing I like about Predator and the old Indy flicks is the special effects are not computer generated, sans the cloaking effect. I'd hate to see a bunch of CGI Predators and locations ruin the filmed realism from the first movie(s).
BDFD

Favorite Player: Nuke LaLoosh
Least Favorite Player: Duke Temple

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:07 pm

BDFD wrote:Ok, I read a bit into the Predator remake. Predator is one of my top three favorite movies and the thought of a remake pissed me off. It appears just to be a reboot called 'Predators' and is produced and directed by Robert Rodriguez.

One thing I like about Predator and the old Indy flicks is the special effects are not computer generated, sans the cloaking effect. I'd hate to see a bunch of CGI Predators and locations ruin the filmed realism from the first movie(s).

If anyone could pull of a Predator reboot its Rodriguez.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Also, to rant in regards to dumb movies, why do "Final Destination" movies keep being made? Every other death scene is so unrealistic and insulting to the manufacturers of some brands that I'm shocked that the producers have not been sued into the stoneage. Yup, an Engine from a awesome top of the line Nascar that somehow is racing at some pathetic short track with limited fencing flying into the crowd somehow physically flipping into the air multiple times (which I have yet to see occur in nascar multiple times), it's engine flies into the stands and somehow lands into the stands killing multiple people.

Pssst... it's just a movie.

Every movie has massive logical problems. I always point them out and it's why people hate watching movies with me.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:29 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
BDFD wrote:Ok, I read a bit into the Predator remake. Predator is one of my top three favorite movies and the thought of a remake pissed me off. It appears just to be a reboot called 'Predators' and is produced and directed by Robert Rodriguez.

I'd rather see Machete.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:40 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:

I'd rather see Machete.

For me it's easy, I want to see Werewolf Women Of The SS.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Jumbo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Just goes to show that Hollywood thinks it has gotten enough run out of sequels and mash-ups, and now can only resort to direct remakes.

But, I think a remake of Total Recall could be awesome, in an entertaining-if-not-especially-creative way. Kind of like the Star Trek reboot.
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Mitch wrote:Green Lantern

Green Lantern is far from third rate. It's one of the best selling comic titles and would adapt well to films because the stories go beyond Earth. Think of a great Superman movie mixed in with the latest Star Trek movie. That's Green Lantern.

Green Arrow I can understand, though the script out there is quite good (Supermax) - far from standard comic book fare.

Martian Manhunter isn't really planned except if they do Justice League down the road.

Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern may all be coming from DC. There's also been some work on Captain Marvel (Shazam!). All of those properties have great potential and each of those names is bigger than Daredevil, Fantastic Four, etc right now. Even Iron Man. He'd be a third rate superhero by your definitions if you throw Green Lantern in there. I thought that movie was pretty good.

Batman is the king of the comic book heroes, as it should be. He and Superman are the oldest and Batman is definitely the most interesting. Though I'd love to see another great Superman flick. Superman Returns had its moments but was too plodding and too obsessed with honoring the Donner flicks. Give me Brainiac or Darkseid as a villain, maybe even using Luthor as a tool.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:40 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Karate Kid

Wait...... What? Is Will Smith Asian? Pat Morita was great, why would you fuck with the classics?

Will Smith won't be in the movie from what I have read. Jackie Chan will play the role of Mr Myagi.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:28 am

There's also been some work on Captain Marvel (Shazam!).

Leave it just the way I remember..

Maybe they can have Isis do a cameo in the movie!
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:50 am

Bayou Tribe wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Karate Kid

Will Smith won't be in the movie from what I have read. Jackie Chan will play the role of Mr Myagi.

That's right. Will Smith is just the producer/creative head of this "idea", and won't be onscreen.

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:01 am

Bayou Tribe wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Karate Kid

Wow, Will Smith's kid and Jackie Chan remaking a film that remains quite popular. I havent seen an idea with 2 people worse than this one since Two Girls, One Cup.

On a side note, could that be the working title for this film?? :hide:
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture