Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Michael Jackson dead at 50

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Michael Jackson dead at 50

Unread postby jordan kramer » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:57 pm

what about when Tupac or Biggie died? that was pretty huge. and they were at the top of their game, not two decades past their prime like MJ and Elvis
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:35 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... topsy.html

He was a pretty horrible shape.

BP, am I right in thinking 8 stone is 112 pounds?
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby BruceK » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:52 pm

I was in kindergarten when JFK died, and I still have vivid memories not only of that day. but of the entire weekend. The whole damn world came to a standstill.

But then, I also remember where I was when I heard Jim Morrison died....
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2505693/The-shock-findings-of-the-Michael-Jackson-autopsy.html

1 stone is 14lbs, yes.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2505693/The-shock-findings-of-the-Michael-Jackson-autopsy.html

umm it's 14lbs in a stone

so yeah that would be correct
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Watt » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

That autopsy report by the Sun is completely false.

We've learned the story making the rounds detailing the terrible condition of Michael Jackson's body is a fake.

A report in The Sun gave harrowing details of the body, but we've learned the "autopsy report" was fabricated and completely false.

UPDATE: The Los Angeles County coroner just released the following statement:

"The report that is being published did not come from this office. I don't know where the information came from, or who that information came from. It is not accurate. Some of it is totally false."

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/29/jackson-a ... rt-a-fake/
Watt
Talent On Loan From God

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Luis Valbuena

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Bill Simmons weighs in on Jacko's death and ranking:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nba

One last thought: It felt strange to write a Draft Diary one hour after a momentous celebrity death. I have Jackson's passing ranked as the fourth-biggest celeb death of my lifetime, right behind Elvis, Lennon and Princess Di and just ahead of JFK Jr. and Matt LeBlanc's career. Just an eerie way to start an event that's supposed to be fun.

My buddy Gus said it best via e-mail: "Thriller is the only album I ever owned where I remember where I was and my reaction to hearing it for the first time. Your basement." Of course, I e-mailed him back by joking, "That's the first time Michael Jackson has landed in a positive story about two teenage boys and a basement in about 20 years." But Gus was right. Before he went off the deep end, Jackson was definitely one of those rare, "I specifically remember moments of my life that he was involved in" celebrities. I'm going to miss him. I wish the 2009 NBA draft had happened on another night. Alas.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Watt wrote:That autopsy report by the Sun is completely false.

We've learned the story making the rounds detailing the terrible condition of Michael Jackson's body is a fake.

A report in The Sun gave harrowing details of the body, but we've learned the "autopsy report" was fabricated and completely false.

UPDATE: The Los Angeles County coroner just released the following statement:

"The report that is being published did not come from this office. I don't know where the information came from, or who that information came from. It is not accurate. Some of it is totally false."

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/29/jackson-a ... rt-a-fake/

It's the fucking Sun for Christs sake, the only less credible newspaper is the Star
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:51 pm

jordan kramer wrote:what about when Tupac or Biggie died? that was pretty huge. and they were at the top of their game, not two decades past their prime like MJ and Elvis

My guess is some people weren't to disappointed that Tupac kicked the bucket.

IMO bad comparison.

Just sayin.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:48 pm

FUDU wrote:
jordan kramer wrote:what about when Tupac or Biggie died? that was pretty huge. and they were at the top of their game, not two decades past their prime like MJ and Elvis

IMO bad comparison.

Just sayin.

Yeah, that and the fact you can't get too bent out of shape when a rapper gets capped, because it's going to happen again in about 10 minutes.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby The Score » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:41 pm

FUDU wrote:

IMO bad comparison.

Just sayin.

From what I've seen, there are some people that aren't disappointed that MJ kicked the bucket either.

Just sayin.
The Score

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:45 pm

I love how some suddenly people are making this into a race thing.

From the clips of the the BET awards I saw they kept making the emphasis that he was "BLACK" and the other line "WE let white people share with him" both of those from Jamie Foxx. :gah:

Whom really cares what color is someone's skin anymore? If you do you're pretty stupid and backwards thinking. It's the 21st century, time to act like it.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:56 pm

Triple-S wrote:Whom really cares what color is someone's skin anymore? If you do you're pretty stupid and backwards thinking. It's the 21st century, time to act like it.

Apparently MJ did.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Whom really cares what color is someone's skin anymore? If you do you're pretty stupid and backwards thinking. It's the 21st century, time to act like it.

Apparently MJ did.

In fairness, he did have vitiligo. Admitted it on Oprah back in the early 90s. Don't know how many people would take the drastic measures he did to even out his skin (bleaching, skin grafts), but it can be pretty nasty looking.

exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:Shocker to me.

Really?

Shockingly predictable. A sort of sad life all in all.

You may never see that pop bridge ever again.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Triple-S wrote:They just showed one of his old videos and of all people in it was...Magic Johnson. :wha?:

asa freakin egyptian, right?
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:07 pm

I took a week off work when Eazy E passed.

I couldn't function at all.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:13 pm

JB wrote:

Sounds like me with Michael Landon.

I mean Anna Nicole.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote: Though it depends on the President. McKinley is not mourned (though should be when you look at some of the things TR ended up doing).

We should re-visit this gem sometime in another thread on the plane of ideas.

Jesus H. Christ.

He moved us from our cities being the streets Calcutta to the nation we now know.
jb

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Triple-S wrote:I love how some suddenly people are making this into a race thing.

From the clips of the the BET awards I saw they kept making the emphasis that he was "BLACK" and the other line "WE let white people share with him" both of those from Jamie Foxx. :gah:

Whom really cares what color is someone's skin anymore? If you do you're pretty stupid and backwards thinking. It's the 21st century, time to act like it.

Some people still seem to care. I've gotten attacked for criticizing Obama because he's black, but I care more about his policies and actions than I care about him being black.

This is entering into No Holds Barred territory, but I think a lot of black people refuse to let it go and the BET Awards featured several examples of this. Ultimately Jackson decided to share his music with the world and he was able to appeal to millions in doing so. It had nothing to do with black or white. I don't think most gave a damn when Thriller hit. Billie Jean, for example, is a great song no matter which way you slice it and the video was amazing.

I guess Jackson summarized it best - "It don't matter if you're black or white."

Let your work and talent define you, not the color of your skin.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:51 pm

JB wrote:

Jesus H. Christ.

He moved us from our cities being the streets Calcutta to the nation we now know.

Sure he did. (Hint: The city governments had much more to do with this - TR did work on some regulatory issues, but he made an awful lot of mistakes and some massive power grabs).
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:59 pm

JB wrote:

Eazy was the man, ND. No wonder Bone Thugs sought him out to try and make it big.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby jb » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I love how some suddenly people are making this into a race thing.

Some people still seem to care. I've gotten attacked for criticizing Obama because he's black, but I care more about his policies and actions than I care about him being black.

This is entering into No Holds Barred territory, but I think a lot of black people refuse to let it go and the BET Awards featured several examples of this. Ultimately Jackson decided to share his music with the world and he was able to appeal to millions in doing so. It had nothing to do with black or white. I don't think most gave a damn when Thriller hit. Billie Jean, for example, is a great song no matter which way you slice it and the video was amazing.

I guess Jackson summarized it best - "It don't matter if you're black or white."

Let your work and talent define you, not the color of your skin.

I got your back here, Mac.

You hate anything not reactionary Ava Maria Roman Catholic, free of race. I bet you love Alan Keyes.
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
JB wrote:

Jesus H. Christ.

Sure he did. (Hint: The city governments had much more to do with this - TR did work on some regulatory issues, but he made an awful lot of mistakes and some massive power grabs).

Take it to NHB some time and we'll have some fun.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:28 pm

Funeral was on today.

I was sort of amazed at John Mayer's preformance, sad to see that his skills are wasted on crappy pop ballads that are played nonstop 0n 98.1 and 106.5 rather than in a blues based rock band where he would probably kick ass and take names. I mean props to the guy because he's getting paid, but it would be amazing to see him playing stuff like this mroeso "Your body is a wonderland"

Also, I think Toto sort of helped out BIG time on Thriller from what I've read and heard about.

Triple-S

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm so sick of the coverage. Just stick him in a hole and throw dirt on him already.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm so sick of the coverage. Just stick him in a hole and throw dirt on him already.

I am actually quite shocked that he didnt want to be cryogenically frozen. Sure seems like that type.

Just imagine how jacked up his face would look after being frozen and brought back to life.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:37 pm

I caught a couple of clips from the "memorial" on CNN before I flipped to the Tribe game. Crazy looking at MJ's brothers and seeing what he should've looked like.

Also, I love listening to John Mayer play guitar, but hate WATCHING it. Between his facial expressions and hand movements.....yeah. Looks like he's doing something very different.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm so sick of the coverage. Just stick him in a hole and throw dirt on him already.

A drug addicted pedophile kicks the bucket. I hope the rest die tonight.
"If I sell a lil' crack, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I die in Iraq, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I take you fo granted, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I f- up the planet, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it"

- Ice Cube
jamesownsdet

Least Favorite Player: Kendrick Perkins

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:18 am

exiledbuckeye wrote:I caught a couple of clips from the "memorial" on CNN before I flipped to the Tribe game. Crazy looking at MJ's brothers and seeing what he should've looked like.

Also, I love listening to John Mayer play guitar, but hate WATCHING it. Between his facial expressions and hand movements.....yeah. Looks like he's doing something very different.

All I could think of was the Dave Chappell skit and how board most of the audience had to be.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:52 am

Kind of forgot about that song, an underrated piece of Michael Jacksons.

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:22 pm

Triple-S wrote:Funeral was on today.

I was sort of amazed at John Mayer's preformance, sad to see that his skills are wasted on crappy pop ballads that are played nonstop 0n 98.1 and 106.5 rather than in a blues based rock band where he would probably kick ass and take names. I mean props to the guy because he's getting paid, but it would be amazing to see him playing stuff like this mroeso "Your body is a wonderland"

Also, I think Toto sort of helped out BIG time on Thriller from what I've read and heard about.

His musical skills might be wasted on crappy ballads, but he's sharpening the key one - considering he thrown the hammer down on hot chicks more times tha AC says it.

Then he just kicks em' to the curb.

Salute.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:13 pm

someone explain to me how Michael Jackson made Magic Johnson a better basketball player. does anyone besides me have a problem with how much coverage this has gotten for 2 weeks? i don't remember there being anywhere near as much hoopla when a president dies. i mean, this is just a fucking singer. who was accused multiple time of raping little boys. this whole country is batshit crazy... whatever...
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Apex777 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:59 pm

jordan kramer wrote:someone explain to me how Michael Jackson made Magic Johnson a better basketball player. does anyone besides me have a problem with how much coverage this has gotten for 2 weeks? i don't remember there being anywhere near as much hoopla when a president dies. i mean, this is just a fucking singer. who was accused multiple time of raping little boys. this whole country is batshit crazy... whatever...

I'm a little late weighing in on this subject but I just couldn't let this pass without making my comment. Michael Jackson was a FREAK. Plain and simple. I never cared for his music and I certainly never approved of his lifestyle and his sick obsession with little boys.
The one thing that annoys the shit out of me is the media coverage. If any of you caught the YouTube clip of the public official from New York that pretty much summed up my thoughts as well as, I'm sure a hell of a lot of decent people in the United States. He was disgusted by the media coverage of this freak's death. He was dismayed that there isn't this type of coverage when the REAL heroes in this country pass away. He was speaking of our soliders, sailors, marines, airmen and coastguardsmen who have died in the line of duty. He was also speaking of our police officers, firefighters, paramedics and nurses who go that extra mile everyday to help make someone's life a little better. These are the real heroes that the media SHOULD be covering not that freak Michael Jackson. Hope he rots in hell.
(Climbing down from my soapbox now)
Imagination is more important than knowledge. . .Einstein
Apex777

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:37 pm

So for much for the media not spitting on the man's grave being a nice gesture huh?

I think maybe there was enough uncertainty about his role/guilt with the supposed victimized children that maybe they felt a slightly more positive send off would be better then degrading a man when he cannot defend himself?

Meanwhile I don't have my Thriller album anymore, dangit.

My two cents.

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:43 pm

FUDU wrote:So for much for the media not spitting on the man's grave being a nice gesture huh?

I think maybe there was enough uncertainty about his role/guilt with the supposed victimized children that maybe they felt a slightly more positive send off would be better then degrading a man when he cannot defend himself?

Meanwhile I don't have my Thriller album anymore, dangit.

My two cents.

There wasn't much uncertainty, just the same hypocrisy from the media and Hollywood types that they displayed every time someone asked them if OJ was guilty.

The over the top shit doesn't suprise me, nor does it bother me, because again, this is the world we live in. But I do find it odd that nobody seems to realize that if all the people that are coming out of the woodwork to support MJ now, and get their mug on camera.....if these people really were close and cared about the guy, well, now is too late.

Woody Allen will get all kinds of adoration when he drops dead (although cleary not to same degree because of MJ's worldwide status and untimely manner of death) and people will look past that he did about the most despicable thing you could do.

Ask anyone on Hollywood if it's ok for Woody to bone his adopted stepdaughter, who Mia Farrow saved from a horrible existence, and they won't have a bad thing to say. Because they want to get hired.

So, invent the moonwalk, you can have a child be able to describe your crank to the police and people will forget.

Make some critcally acclaimed movies and you may gladly rape your stepdaughter.

Pick off some passes, and you may be the cause of a man's paralyzation.

And on, and on, and on.

Man, are we stupid.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:53 am

There wasn't much uncertainty, really?

Is that why the first (or one of the first) family that accused him of messing with the kids recanted their story. Also let's not forget he was never convicted of the crime he was accused of.

I for one am not saying he was or was not guilty, hence the reason I mention uncertainty.

You may be certain about it, but the courts and those directly involved share enough uncertainty and doubt that I will stick with my original statement.

Call the media's coverage of him after he passed what ever you want, bottom line is it wasn't a shock nor is much of what the media does and there was not much need to berate the man while he was lying there dead.

FUDU

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:32 am

As long as the media continues in the direction that they're going, everyone of some sort of fame will have their life disected after they die. Watch the trainwreck that ensues when Mike Tyson expires.
Hell if I should discover the cure for cancer, you'll hear all about the time in 7th grade I got caught shoplifting Judas Priest's "Screaming for Vengance" and Richard Pryor 'Live in Concert" from Uncle Bill's. Then I'd get chastised for not discovering the cure sooner and probably sued.

LP brought up Woody Allen and he's right. To a lesser extent Roman Polanski is in the same boat. Dude gets charged with unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, flees the country and holes up in France where he cannot get extradited back into the U.S.
Of course Hollywood being Hollywood gives this guy a standing ovation after it's announced he won the Oscar for best director for The Pianist. Probably because most of those in attendance have done the same.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:22 am

FUDU wrote:There wasn't much uncertainty, really?

Is that why the first (or one of the first) family that accused him of messing with the kids recanted their story. Also let's not forget he was never convicted of the crime he was accused of.

I for one am not saying he was or was not guilty, hence the reason I mention uncertainty.

You may be certain about it, but the courts and those directly involved share enough uncertainty and doubt that I will stick with my original statement.

Call the media's coverage of him after he passed what ever you want, bottom line is it wasn't a shock nor is much of what the media does and there was not much need to berate the man while he was lying there dead.

no, there isn't much uncertainty involving anyone who doesn't have another agenda.

Look, we wasn't convicted yada yada.... His millions got him out of it, and it's not the immense amount of money that speakes volumes, it's the fact that any truly innocent man, accused of about the most despicable crime ever, wouldn't pay a dollar to make the legal aspect of it go away - they'd want their name cleared.

Than there's the fact that the kid described Michaels crank, then there's the "alarms" he had in his room to detect if any adults were coming as he slumber partied with the kids, you know, the ones they showed on Larry King, who just glossed over them as if they were normal.

The guy was a once in a generation talent. The guy was a pedophile. I understand those who want to show a little respect for the dead, but I also understand those who can't look past it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture