Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Transformers 2

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Transformers 2

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:53 am

Going today at 6:30
Fired up.
Megan Fox.

Re: Transformers 2

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:01 am

I have my concerns on this.

The first one came in at 57% positive on Rottentomatoes...not exactly surprising considering that it's mindless fluff entertainment (but done very, very well, IMHO).

This one is getting hammered, and is at only 22% positive.

I'm hoping that Michael Bay didn't just mail it in on this one. But given that he's already saying how he's had enough Robots In Disguise, and will not be directing the next one...I'm a bit nervous.

Going on vacation to the Gulf Coast tomorrow morning, so I won't get to see this until next Monday.

Unread postby wmurphyhh » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:06 am

Anxious to hear your opinion, Spoon. It is getting HAMMERED in the reviews.
No plot, too long, too many short shorts / skirts on Megan Fox (obviously that comment didn't come from a heterosexual male)...

Really hoping it isn't a total letdown. Brings to mind Oceans Eleven / Twelve...
wmurphyhh
"Murph"

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: Chris Johnson

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:49 am

I never read reviews on movies(sorry Mitch)
I will like this no matter what probably. The action, shit blowing up, Megan Fox, and the Transformers are all I need.
2 and a half hours does seem too long and the first did have a few parts that were pointless for the most part.
I'm taking my 11 year old and she's pretty fired up too so I know I'll have a great time.
Did I mention Megan Fox? Damn she's sexy.

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:54 am

Went and saw it at the midnight showing, and paying for it at work today. Basically the exact same movie as Transformers 1 with pretty much the exact same plot and story progression. The fights are amazing and some of the Transformers are pretty intricate (and huge) but just left a lot to be desired. Probably could have cut out about an hour of the movie and gotten the same point across.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Stu » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:27 am

Probably could have cut out about an hour of the movie and gotten the same point across.

Probably could have added another hour of action and I still would have been glued to the movie screen.

The movie was more of the same from the first, but also felt much more like the original cartoon to me. Add in the over the top action scenes that only Michael Bay can do and it was a fantastic way to spend 2 and a half hours.
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:01 am

Stu wrote:
Probably could have cut out about an hour of the movie and gotten the same point across.

Probably could have added another hour of action and I still would have been glued to the movie screen.

The movie was more of the same from the first, but also felt much more like the original cartoon to me. Add in the over the top action scenes that only Michael Bay can do and it was a fantastic way to spend 2 and a half hours.

Well of course it would have been better with more action; the plot was the worst part, if you can call it that. The opening and closing action scenes were both fantastic. Another gripe: shitty previews. Only good one was for 9. Had GI Joe (awful), Last Airbender (M. Night Shyamalan), Gamer (a movie where gamers control real death row inmates in a real-life war, interesting concept but looked stupid) and a couple others that I can't even remember.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:31 pm

This first one was god awful. No Soundwave? Starscream was cool everything else sucked.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:55 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This first one was god awful. No Soundwave? Starscream was cool everything else sucked.

Soundwave is in this one. Also had a giant earth-mover type Decepticon thats on 2 giant wheels that are supposed to move on rails but when he transforms he skates everywhere. Pretty sweet.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:08 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This first one was god awful. No Soundwave? Starscream was cool everything else sucked.

Soundwave is in this one. Also had a giant earth-mover type Decepticon thats on 2 giant wheels that are supposed to move on rails but when he transforms he skates everywhere. Pretty sweet.

Yeah I had those toys when I was a kid (Constructicons I think). Alot of people liked Transformers and that's fine, just not my cup of tea.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:19 pm

i say bullshit, sir. i saw the first one at an IMAX and it blew me the shit away. and that was just when Megan Fox was on screen. i wasn't expecting it to be nominated for best picture, i went to see big ass explosions, awesomely awesome special effects, and and freaking Optimus Prime! not to mention i had no idea who Megan Fox was when i went to see the first one, and she's made my happy place tingle ever since. why do you gotta be a hater? stop poo pooing the effing Transformers!
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:19 pm

C'mon JK, that movie was nothing more than all flash and no substance. The acting was piss poor, the dialouge was terrible. It's another uncreative Hollywood money grab. Make an original movie for fucks sake, leave awesome memories from my childhood alone. I bet GI JOE will be a steaming pile of shit too.

If you really want to see Megan Fox, watch How To Lose Friends and Alienate People, it's a terrible movie but she jumps into a pool in a dress. ;-) ;) :wink:

EDIT: I like Shia LaBeouf, he was awesome in A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:56 pm

I loved it.
The action scenes are sick. When they transform, that might be the coolest shit I have ever seen.
More action than the first and no low point for me.
I'll go see it again right now.

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:C'mon JK, that movie was nothing more than all flash and no substance.

If you really want to see Megan Fox, watch How To Lose Friends and Alienate People, it's a terrible movie but she jumps into a pool in a dress. ;-) ;) :wink:

sometimes i like seeing a lot of flash, and for these flicks, the flash is the substance. i didn't go to see shia labouf give an academy award performance, i wasn't expecting Bumblebee to be nominated for best supporting actor. i went to see the Transformers i grew up watching and playing with, on the big screen and being bad ass. i went to see shit blow up and jaw dropping special effects, and it succeeds in that completely. i'm not saying they are the peak of cinematic artistry, but they do a great job at being a very entertaining and cool action flick.

and i took my girlfriend to see "How to lose friends & alienate people" when it came out. needless to say, i thoroughly ignored her the whole time.
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

jordan kramer

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:25 pm

jordan kramer wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:C'mon JK, that movie was nothing more than all flash and no substance.

sometimes i like seeing a lot of flash, and for these flicks, the flash is the substance. i didn't go to see shia labouf give an academy award performance, i wasn't expecting Bumblebee to be nominated for best supporting actor. i went to see the Transformers i grew up watching and playing with, on the big screen and being bad ass. i went to see shit blow up and jaw dropping special effects, and it succeeds in that completely. i'm not saying they are the peak of cinematic artistry, but they do a great job at being a very entertaining and cool action flick.

and i took my girlfriend to see "How to lose friends & alienate people" when it came out. needless to say, i thoroughly ignored her the whole time.

Well, I guess you're right there. Most summer movies are like that. The scenes with Starscream were sick, watching Bumblebee made feel like I was watching a Chevy commercial. And I still have no idea what that scorpion robot was doing in there. Just not my cup of tea.

G.I. JOE will surely be a massive shitbomb.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:28 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:G.I. JOE will surely be a massive shitbomb.

we agree there, my friend

jordan kramer

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:33 am

CRACKED has a look at Michael Bay's newest project.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/storyboards ... at-gatsby/
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:50 pm

jfiling wrote:CRACKED has a look at Michael Bay's newest project.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/storyboards ... at-gatsby/

lol "DAMN TITTIES"
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Just got back from this.

Obama got a bit of a slam in this movie, the guy who tries to shut down the whole operation "With direct orders from the president" bares a striking resemblence to this guy:

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Stu » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Triple-S wrote:Just got back from this.

Obama got a bit of a slam in this movie, the guy who tries to shut down the whole operation "With direct orders from the president" bares a striking resemblence to this guy:

what, you didnt think it was a good idea to sit down at the table and negotiate with the decepticons?
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:13 am

IMO, Michael Bay is currently one of the worst directors in Hollywood. It really chaps my ass off whenever I remember that he's a millionaire for doing the shit he does.

1) His "flow" is rushed.
2) Every characters introduction (or, shit, anytime they're put on screen again), it's like as if they just had risen from the dead.
3) How many god damn times does he need to use that circling motion in a movie. Revenge of the Fallen had at least 8 billion scenes using that technique.

Tangents...
4) The mushy scenes were terrible. Just terrible.
5) Megan Fox, although hot, is incredibly overrated.

The story was nothing new to me. It felt like I was watching the first one. The battle scenes were cool. Well, actually only the one where Optimus Prime takes on three Decepticons. All other fight scenes were subpar. The battle sequence in the desert, when Sam's goal is to resurrect Prime, took FOREVER. For a good 20 minutes straight, soldiers were just running around and yelling at the top of their lungs.

6/10. For two reasons: It's Transformers and because how badass Prime was for a half hour or so.

Bill, out.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:46 pm

Overrated? I think not sir.

Unread postby CP » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:40 pm

FightDr wrote:Overrated? I think not sir.

Give an Academy Award to that bit actor standing in the background examining a bike. I don't care how many takes they would have done, there is NOTHING that would have gotten me to look at that bike. They would have had to boot me off the set because I know what I would have been examining.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:53 pm

CP wrote:
FightDr wrote:Overrated? I think not sir.

Give an Academy Award to that bit actor standing in the background examining a bike. I don't care how many takes they would have done, there is NOTHING that would have gotten me to look at that bike. They would have had to boot me off the set because I know what I would have been examining.

I work with a girl who bears a striking resemblance to her, doesn't quite have the body though
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:Megan Fox, although hot, is incredibly overrated.

This. People act like she's the only attractive woman on earth. Hell, when I was going to Kent State I'd see a couple of dozen coeds every day that were every bit in that chick's league and then some.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:31 pm

Caught it yesterday and loved it.

A fun, blockbuster to sit and enjoy for a couple hours. Thought it improved from the 1st with respect to more robots, less humans and Prime was definitely an ass-kicker in this compared to the beating he was handed in the 1st.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:49 pm

I reckon I'd have a shot with Megan Fox
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:13 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:IMO, Michael Bay is currently one of the worst directors in Hollywood.

I'd rate him up there with Uwe Boll, the meet the spartans guys and Roland Emmerich.

Seriously 2012 looks horribly bad along the lines of "The Day after tommorow". I really wish CGI could be used alongside a good script and good actors rather than "ZOMG A COW FLEW INTO THE WHITE HOUSE, WATCH THE EIFFEL TOWER EXPLODE, RANDOM EXPLOSIONS WOOO!"

The script for 2012 looks like something a 7 year old would have written out of boredom during math class.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/smg-transformers-10-questions.html

1. In "Transformers," there was this giant battle in the middle of downtown Los Angeles -- excuse me, Mission City -- that was witnessed by thousands of people at the very least. But somehow the government was able to cover up the whole thing, and now the existence of alien robots is just an internet rumor? How did they do it? Pay off everyone who was there and quickly fix millions of dollars in damage? Also, didn't Keller (Jon Voight) go on TV and tell everyone we were being attacked by "a technological civilization far superior to our own"? How did they spin that?

"here comes the Men In Black....Galaxy defenders"

:lmfao:

Triple-S

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:10 am

Bill the Butcher wrote:
1. In "Transformers," there was this giant battle in the middle of downtown Los Angeles -- excuse me, Mission City -- that was witnessed by thousands of people at the very least. But somehow the government was able to cover up the whole thing, and now the existence of alien robots is just an internet rumor? How did they do it? Pay off everyone who was there and quickly fix millions of dollars in damage? Also, didn't Keller (Jon Voight) go on TV and tell everyone we were being attacked by "a technological civilization far superior to our own"? How did they spin that?
I just got done watching the first one. Broke in our BluRay player with it. I was thinking the same thing about the "cover up" at the end of the movie.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby jordan kramer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:45 am

duh. you just leave it to the spin all-stars

jordan kramer

Unread postby jordan kramer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:54 pm

OT: from NY post page 6
Michael Bay Made Megan Fox Wash His Ferrari/Fuck His Brains Out During Her Audition For Transformers THERE’S a video of Megan Fox we want to see. When the sizzling star of “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” went to director Michael Bay’s house to audition for the part, “He made her wash his Ferrari while he filmed her,” reports Jason Solomons in Britain’s Guardian. “She said she didn’t know what had happened to that footage. When I put it to Bay himself, he looked suitably abashed — ‘Er, I don’t know where it is either.’ ” Come on. Cough it up!

say what you want about Michael Bay but the guy does it right. i mean what’s the point of being a hollywood director if you’re not going bang all the chicks in your movies? and let’s call a spade a spade, this is obviously what happened here. when a hollywood producer invites you to audition by washing his Ferrari at his house that obviously means only show up if you’re ready to screw

PS - i’d pay $1,000 for this video

jordan kramer

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture