Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Year One

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Year One

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Just came back from a showing.

I laughed alot. I was surprised.

Still just a silly dumb comedy with not alot of substance, but regardless I enjoyed it.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Re: Year One

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Glad to see you enjoyed it. I may have to rent it when it comes on DVD. Though I still hold by that it looks like a script that was made for Farley and Spade back in the late/mid 90's and was left on the cutting room floor until they could find actors to fill the roles somewhat.

Also, I'm sort of disappointed that I think that Jack Black is falling into the Will Ferrell trap of playing similar roles in every movie. Don't get me wrong, I like Jack Black, I think Saving Silvermen and Nacho Libre were very funny, but I wish that he would be cast in different roles sometime.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Year One

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:08 am

Triple-S wrote:I think Saving Silvermen and Nacho Libre were very funny...

Really? Interesting.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture