Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Role Models

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Role Models

Unread postby waborat » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:38 am

Haven't seen any love for this flick yet on the site?

Sat down not expecting much and the wife and I laughed the entire movie...Funny cast with Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks and the "McLovin' Kid", great one-liners & Jane Lynch was hilarious as usual...loved all the KISS references

Not as funny as Sarah Marshall, but one of the better comedies this past decade IMO
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Role Models

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:13 pm

I watched it for the first time last night. The movie was a minor letdown for me. It was funny, but there wasnt enough consistency. Other than Ronnie dressing up like Gene Simmons, I didnt laugh out loud the entire movie. They overdid the "medivel club", it got really annoying after a while. Wasnt Paul Rudd's best movie. i look at him as more of a supporting actor. He is no Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Re: Role Models

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Letdown for me. The funniest part to me was the medieval crew and how they fed their king.

Sean William Scott will forever be Stifler to me. And Stifler got old ten years ago.

Jane Lynch's character and her "Sturdy Wings" organization was pretty funny to me too.

And the black kid... not funny AT ALL.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture