Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

The Remake of the Warriors

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

The Remake of the Warriors

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:36 pm

In doing some research on IMDB about this film, I see that Tony Scott will be at it again, as he is set to film a remake of the kitsch-classic Walter Hill fable "The Warriors", setting it this time in Los Angeles. I am cringing already.

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... blgId=4759

I have yet to understand the point of remaking such a great film, that in no way shape or form really needs it. The original is a classic and is still fresh and a great watch 30 years later. I am a big fan of this movie, and a couple of others my age actually are due to the release of the "Rockstar games" video game version of the movie. (I was a fan before this as I had watched it a few before). Why the sudden rush for a remake like this, when it would be just as easy and better to just rerelease the original, I would think that would do a lot better at the box office than this lame excuse for a remake.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: The Remake of the Warriors

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:07 pm

It gets worse.

A remake of "Red Dawn".

Chris Hemsworth, who played James Kirk's father at the start of the Star Trek movie, will play Patrick Swayze's role.

Josh Peck (who?) will play Charlie Sheen's role (his only major credit was from a Nickelodeon show).

Adrienne Palicki, from the TV show Friday Night Lights, will play Jennifer Grey's role.

Now for the piece de resistance...the director is Dan Bradley...who has never directed anything. He's a former stuntman with credits as an assistant director for Quantum of Solace, Spider-Man 2, and Dukes of Hazzard.

Mere words cannot describe how awful this will be...so let's try this.

:fu:

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Mitch wrote:It gets worse.

A remake of "Red Dawn".

Chris Hemsworth, who played James Kirk's father at the start of the Star Trek movie, will play Patrick Swayze's role.

Josh Peck (who?) will play Charlie Sheen's role (his only major credit was from a Nickelodeon show).

Adrienne Palicki, from the TV show Friday Night Lights, will play Jennifer Grey's role.

Now for the piece de resistance...the director is Dan Bradley...who has never directed anything. He's a former stuntman with credits as an assistant director for Quantum of Solace, Spider-Man 2, and Dukes of Hazzard.

Mere words cannot describe how awful this will be...so let's try this.

:fu:

Peck actually isn't bad, he's sort of more of a guy you'd cast in a remake of "The Honeymooners" as Ralph a couple of years from now. Just doesn't seem to fit that part well at all, but I've been wrong before. I originally thought Heath Ledger as Batman was going to be a bad fit.

How is remaking Red Dawn even possible at this point? There's really no big superpower threat out there. China isn't interested in the least bit with starting a war with it's biggest business partner and is not normally an aggressor nation. The only scenario where that could even happen is in retaliation for the US defending Taiwan, and even that's iffy as that would likely be the start of a Nuclear war moreso than an actual war. They'd really have to stretch so that someone like a Kim Sung ILL would overtake the Chinese Gov't and build up his millitary to topple the US.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:58 pm

agree whole-heartedly. Warriors was great and kinda one of a kind, a remake has bad idea written all over it...
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:02 am

Triple-S wrote:
In doing some research on IMDB about this film, I see that Tony Scott will be at it again, as he is set to film a remake of the kitsch-classic Walter Hill fable "The Warriors", setting it this time in Los Angeles. I am cringing already.

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... blgId=4759

I have yet to understand the point of remaking such a great film, that in no way shape or form really needs it. The original is a classic and is still fresh and a great watch 30 years later. I am a big fan of this movie, and a couple of others my age actually are due to the release of the "Rockstar games" video game version of the movie. (I was a fan before this as I had watched it a few before). Why the sudden rush for a remake like this, when it would be just as easy and better to just rerelease the original, I would think that would do a lot better at the box office than this lame excuse for a remake.

You don't understand, really? It's all about that potential cash. Course this has flop written all over it so I don't know how they're rationalizing making it but they obviously think it can work.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:50 pm

No. I can not dig it.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:38 pm

warriors, come out to play-yay!!! i swear, i feel really old now when they start making remakes of movies from when i was in junior high. ugh!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:23 am

Sorry, don't know who you are but you can't top scene's like this

half the charm is the outfits of the gangs themselves. No way you can outfit gangs today like pimps and Hop-Sing (3:28). Not too PC

at least they can cast David Schwimmer for the role of the leader of the Orphans...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1PVUvphYzg&feature=related[/youtube]
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture