Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Hammer vs. Ken in Brooklyn

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Hammer vs. Ken in Brooklyn

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 pm

http://www.stationcaster.com/player.php ... 76&f=28266

I have not been on the ball when it comes to Rizzo, as I've been not into listening to him proudly say he's done with the Browns. But I caught the end of the show today, and was laughing my butt off. It was hilliarious to see Hammer complain about he got beaten by a caller in a popularity poll on the Vitamin water site and complaining like a teenage girl who just lost prom queen. "I'm done with this show" and "What do you guys in this city want me to do, be a schill for your crappy teams" were some of the lines I heard.

Did anyone else catch this?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Hammer vs. Ken in Brooklyn

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Triple-S wrote:http://www.stationcaster.com/player.php?s=70&c=476&f=28266

I have not been on the ball when it comes to Rizzo, as I've been not into listening to him proudly say he's done with the Browns. But I caught the end of the show today, and was laughing my butt off. It was hilliarious to see Hammer complain about he got beaten by a caller in a popularity poll on the Vitamin water site and complaining like a teenage girl who just lost prom queen. "I'm done with this show" and "What do you guys in this city want me to do, be a schill for your crappy teams" were some of the lines I heard.

Hillarious. And pure acting.

Hammer just has Peter Brown's act from 15 years ago.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:54 pm

JB wrote:
Triple-S wrote:http://www.stationcaster.com/player.php?s=70&c=476&f=28266

Hillarious. And pure acting.

Hammer just has Peter Brown's act from 15 years ago.

I was sort of hoping it was true, just so it would be even more funny. :lmfao:
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Aaron is like a little teenage girl. Unforunately, his little pouting act was just an act. I love how he waited until 11:59AM to try to leave us in suspense. Almost as clever as their April Fools Day joke. Nice Try
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:27 pm

I actually dont mind Hammer and find him rather entertaining. Recently though Rizzo has been annoying the hell out of me. He gets on his rants that drive me nuts.

And I am now to the point where I just turn off Reghi. He is awful recently. I'd rather hear dead air... or dare I say Munch. Wish they would put Roda back in that spot or get some actual talent. Reghi does great as a play by play analyst, awful at radio. He cant carry a show.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Ziner wrote:I actually dont mind Hammer and find him rather entertaining. Recently though Rizzo has been annoying the hell out of me. He gets on his rants that drive me nuts.

And I am now to the point where I just turn off Reghi. He is awful recently. I'd rather hear dead air... or dare I say Munch. Wish they would put Roda back in that spot or get some actual talent. Reghi does great as a play by play analyst, awful at radio. He cant carry a show.

Its the same calls, questions, comments, callers, quests, commercials, plugs all the time. Its getting unlistenable. Other then Riz, i try not to listen to 850 (unless there are hot browns rumors swirling).
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:17 am

I am about 10 minutes from turning off Rizzo for a few months too. He is brutal today, and getting real annoying.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 am

Ziner wrote:I am about 10 minutes from turning off Rizzo for a few months too. He is brutal today, and getting real annoying.

Part of the charm. :pop:

The act of hammer is thin. Planned vacation, obviously.
jb

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:37 am

JB wrote:
Ziner wrote:I am about 10 minutes from turning off Rizzo for a few months too. He is brutal today, and getting real annoying.

I pissed him off pretty good with my email today about his "divorce with the Browns". I probably wouldnt have sent it if i knew he was going to be in such a bad mood. It had to be said though. He is being a baby about the Browns, and i called his ass out.
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:39 am

JB wrote:

I know that is it just childish and pathetic. Besides he said he was golfing in Denver today yesterday, he slipped. just sick of Rizzo's preaching and ranting about sports but still never seemingly talking about sports. ya know?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jfiling » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:44 am

4thQtrGlory wrote:
JB wrote:

I pissed him off pretty good with my email today about his "divorce with the Browns". I probably wouldnt have sent it if i knew he was going to be in such a bad mood. It had to be said though. He is being a baby about the Browns, and i called his ass out.

Heh, that was you? Nice job, I liked it, but he did respond pretty well. Great email, though.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:48 am

jfiling wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:
JB wrote:

Heh, that was you? Nice job, I liked it, but he did respond pretty well. Great email, though.

I didnt like his response, his standard I'm in the MEDIA, I AM IMPORTANT, (but trust me I will tell everyone who will listen that I dont think I am important) EVEN THOUGH I DO THINK I AM IMPORTANT.
Last edited by Ziner on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:52 am

Ziner wrote:
jfiling wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:
JB wrote:

I didnt like his response, he standard I'm in the MEDIA, I AM IMPORTANT, (but trust me I will tell everyone who will listen that I dont think I am important) EVEN THOUGH I DO THINK I AM IMPORTANT.

He is a little baby, and his true colors have been really coming out lately. He thinks he is bigger then the business.
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby jfiling » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:56 am

4thQtrGlory wrote:
Ziner wrote:
jfiling wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:
JB wrote:

I didnt like his response, he standard I'm in the MEDIA, I AM IMPORTANT, (but trust me I will tell everyone who will listen that I dont think I am important) EVEN THOUGH I DO THINK I AM IMPORTANT.

He is a little baby, and his true colors have been really coming out lately. He thinks he is bigger then the business.

True 'nuff to both of you. I really can't tell how much is an act and how much is Tony getting a really big head. All I know is his show has been the best thing on KNR since it went on the air, but I don't think it's going to stay that way for much longer. Funny thing is, if I quit listening to Rizzo, I probably quit listening to Rome too. Although I do have a streamlink subscription so I can listen at home without commercials, which won't help WKNR too much.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:00 am

jfiling wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:
Ziner wrote:
jfiling wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:
JB wrote:

True 'nuff to both of you. I really can't tell how much is an act and how much is Tony getting a really big head. All I know is his show has been the best thing on KNR since it went on the air, but I don't think it's going to stay that way for much longer. Funny thing is, if I quit listening to Rizzo, I probably quit listening to Rome too. Although I do have a streamlink subscription so I can listen at home without commercials, which won't help WKNR too much.

When the show it is good it is my favorite radio show out there. When it is bad I almost pine for the days of Brinda (and if you knew how much I want to stab my eyes out when he is on, you'd understand how bad I think it is when bad)
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:11 am

4thQtrGlory wrote:
JB wrote:

Damnit..of all the days to not listen, I've been tempted to call him up and take him to task about it, great someone finally did it. A big thank you 4thQuarter. :salute:

What was the gist of the email and the response?

Triple-S

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:57 am

Triple-S wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:
JB wrote:

Damnit..of all the days to not listen, I've been tempted to call him up and take him to task about it, great someone finally did it. A big thank you 4thQuarter. :salute:

I said....

Riz,

Your sharades about not being a Browns fan is getting ricidulous. You know you will always be a Browns fan so dont play this stupid game anymore. Just come back now, and save yourself the embarassment of being a fairweather fan when they become watchable. Mangini deserves our support, especially from the media. The divorce ends today! We will take you back with open arms, we are hurting too, but once a Browns fan...ALWAYS a Browns fan!

Kyle in Painesville Twp

He said...."Kyle, i dont owe mangini support. You, and the fans need to support him. Im in the media, my job is to report the news and stories. Im not a Browns fan anymore"

Josh said..."notice how kyle said WATCHABLE....not WINABLE."

My take..."screw you guys, i cant wait for the day that you come crawling back, pretending like you never left. I will be the first one to remind them that they arent welcome back. Anybody can root for a winner, but it takes a bigger man to stand by his team all the time. You want to talk about how Pittsburgh fans are fairweather, then pull this "divorce" crap on the radio everyday? Have fun losing ratings with your backstreet boy producer."
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:25 pm

jfiling wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:
Ziner wrote:
jfiling wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:
JB wrote:

See I just quit Rizz about 3 months ago. I could see this coming and I am just to tired of the same old, same old.

JB's on point with this shit and been that way for awhile.

The only thing on KNR I listen to is Rome and Reghi, occasionally. Just don't get anything from any of the other shows anymore.

Rizz & Hammer's run is over. They over played their hand and started reading their own press clippings/ratings. I don't know how either of their heads fit in the building. More personally to Hammer, having seen the cat out and how he acts, it's easy to see how he comes through on the mic. Whiny, arrogant bitch. Would sell his best friend up the river for some weak ass trim.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:34 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:
Triple-S wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:
JB wrote:

I said....

Riz,

Your sharades about not being a Browns fan is getting ricidulous. You know you will always be a Browns fan so dont play this stupid game anymore. Just come back now, and save yourself the embarassment of being a fairweather fan when they become watchable. Mangini deserves our support, especially from the media. The divorce ends today! We will take you back with open arms, we are hurting too, but once a Browns fan...ALWAYS a Browns fan!

Kyle in Painesville Twp

He said...."Kyle, i dont owe mangini support. You, and the fans need to support him. Im in the media, my job is to report the news and stories. Im not a Browns fan anymore"

Josh said..."notice how kyle said WATCHABLE....not WINABLE."

My take..."screw you guys, i cant wait for the day that you come crawling back, pretending like you never left. I will be the first one to remind them that they arent welcome back. Anybody can root for a winner, but it takes a bigger man to stand by his team all the time. You want to talk about how Pittsburgh fans are fairweather, then pull this "divorce" crap on the radio everyday? Have fun losing ratings with your backstreet boy producer."

Rack it.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:20 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:I said....

Riz,

Kyle in Painesville Twp

Couldn't have said it better myself. That was great. :thumb up:

Really, I have to deal with the bandwagoning moronic Steeler fans on a daily basis, why should I suddenly hear their opinions sort of echoed via Rizzo's "I quit the Browns" act and then mocking all the true fans out there?

And honestly, I'll man up, I did really want to quit the team back in '04 when it seemed like the Browns were an absolute embarrasment, but my old man said the exact line to me in the bold and it has stuck ever since. I pride myself sticking with this team now, and I'm proud to be a fan of this team.

Rizzo is on the decline which is sad to see because there is really no good sports talk left in this town (not counting the nationally syndicated stuff). Some new talent has to be found, and judging by the amount of great podcasts I've heard that really shouldn't be that hard to find.

Triple-S

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:12 pm

^^^That's it right there...

If we had a real visionary running a radio station I would look to cross promote the hell out of this place. Quality, unique takes that I don't always agree with but shit, I'll enjoy the discussion and respect others.

Throw in the blog that I post on now too... (see my profile) - Shameless plug.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:28 am

Riz is such a frickin kiss ass when Bernie is in studio. He puts on such an act it makes me sick. Riz is falling out of favor in this city because he is becoming a arrogant punk.
4thQtrGlory

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture