Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Wii owners: You MUST GET PUNCH OUT!

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Wii owners: You MUST GET PUNCH OUT!

Unread postby Tymaster » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:03 pm

It's a blast from the past, and helluva of a cardio workout!
Tymaster

Re: Wii owners: You MUST GET PUNCH OUT!

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Picked it up when it came out a few weeks ago and it is a blast. Lots of fun watching for the little ticks that indicate what your opponent will do. I've found it's a great game to play with friends over. Everyone not playing is always chattering at the guy who is playing and telling him what to do.

Love how they've brought the characters in to this game and fleshed them out more. The first time through is not bad, but after you get all the titles then you go into Title Defense mode and all the boxers come back to fight you, but they've worked to improve themselves in some way to make it tougher.

It is a great game though. The Wii has been getting some great games of late. Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis are awesome and unique due to the Motion Plus. EA Sports Active is great and is a real workout. Punch Out, of course. Wii gets its own unique Ghostbusters game this week. And if you haven't tried Boom Blox then pick up Bash Party. It's such a great, addictive game.

Then there's New Super Mario Bros. coming out later this year, the multiplayer Mario platformer that everyone at E3 was raving about. I can't wait for that one or the rerelease of all the Metroid Prime games onto a single disc with the first two updated with the motion controls from Prime 3.

And word from Miyamoto that they're aiming to release a new Zelda game for Wii next year that incorporates the Motion Plus and may not function without it. That and Wii Sports Resort coming out at the end of July also using the Motion Plus. Looking forward to NBA Live, Madden, and NCAA Football with the Motion Plus too.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: Wii owners: You MUST GET PUNCH OUT!

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 am

I have it and love it also.
Much better graphics than some of the other games i've seen for the Wii.
I'm not a huge video game guy by any means but this one I had to have.

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture