Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Clutch- Strange Cousins From The West

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Clutch- Strange Cousins From The West

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:02 pm

For those Clutch fans out there, the new album Strange Cousins From The West is due out July 7th. Nice pre-order sale here along with a review of the album :

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=103&deptnr=396

I already received a copy from a friend and the album is excellent. Its a natural progression in their sound and is a more stripped down album compared with From Beale Street To Oblivion. Strange Cousins.. definitely has a very old school, rock/blues feel to it. Although not as heavy as their early albums, these tracks show a band that has matured musically.

I have listened to the full album 5 times and like it more each day. I highly suggest picking it up when it comes out as it will not disappoint. Clutch will also be playing the House of Blues in Cleveland on 8/7/09 so get your tickets now while they are still available.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Clutch- Strange Cousins From The West

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Clutch is king.Can't wait to hear the new tracks. I have to say Beale St. took some time to grow on me. I had some Clutch played at my wedding.

Elephant Riders is still my favorite.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Clutch is king.Can't wait to hear the new tracks. I have to say Beale St. took some time to grow on me. I had some Clutch played at my wedding.

Amen brother! Elephant Riders is an amazing, timeless album.. If Beale St took some time to grow on you, this might as well. However, my tastes have been changing and Strange Cousins fits right in with the change..

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby jordan kramer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:28 am

saw them at the Celler here in Struthers, they are really freaking good.
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Tymaster » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:35 pm

Nothing against Cluth but I think they peaked with their self titled album. I LOVE THAT RECORD!
Tymaster

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:44 pm

jack_tors wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Clutch is king.Can't wait to hear the new tracks. I have to say Beale St. took some time to grow on me. I had some Clutch played at my wedding.

Amen brother! Elephant Riders is an amazing, timeless album.. If Beale St took some time to grow on you, this might as well. However, my tastes have been changing and Strange Cousins fits right in with the change..

What secret track do you have on Elephant Riders? I got the version with "05".
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby ministryman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:11 pm

I will be picking this up for sure the day it comes out. I am a huge Clutch fan. I have almost everything they have put out, just missing some early hard to find demos. I've seen them 7 times in concert. They just rock plain and simple. I think Elephant Riders is their crowing achievement, although I do enjoy Pure Rock Fury and Slow Hole to China. Also, pick up the new Devin Townsend CD, Ki. It's a very soft rock album but is simply amazing.
ministryman

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:03 pm

Just bumping this up to see if any of the resident TCF music critics have listened to this album and are willing to provide their thoughts.

-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:22 pm

I like it.

Most people here haven't heard Clutch. :dunno:
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself