Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Tiger Woods 10

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Tiger Woods 10

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Picked this up on the Wii with the Wii Motion Plus controls. Holy crap! You can see in the frisbee golf how it picks up your movements 1:1 in real time with fantastic accuracy. This makes the golf far more akin to the real world as your wrist action can lead to slicing. Just amazing how precise this new add-on is. Looking forward to Wii Sports Resort and thinking about picking up Grand Slam Tennis as well.

Been going through several courses thus far. Sawgrass, Pebble Beach, and St. Andrews. Sawgrass, as in real life, is a real pain in the ass.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: Tiger Woods 10

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:53 pm

I regret selling my Wii last year.

I'm considering buying the system again for A) Grand Slam Tennis, B) Wii Motion Plus, and C) Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (despite the poor ratings).
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:28 am

I have been stubborn, and have refused for a very long time to buy an x-box, wii, playstation as I don't have enough time in the day to get into that electronic crack.

This may be the temptation I can't resist.

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:47 am

I picked it up yesterday too. I've been a fan of the TW series for a while now, and this one doesn't disappoint. The Wii Motion Plus is great. It's pretty sensitive, as you can control your draw and fade by adjusting the degree of turn in your wrists. Same with putting. It registers your swing speed to dictate how the putt travels. I played 18 last night, and finished 12 over. The putting is tricky, but I started to get the hang of it on the back 9.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:41 am

Erie Warrior wrote:I picked it up yesterday too. I've been a fan of the TW series for a while now, and this one doesn't disappoint. The Wii Motion Plus is great. It's pretty sensitive, as you can control your draw and fade by adjusting the degree of turn in your wrists. Same with putting. It registers your swing speed to dictate how the putt travels. I played 18 last night, and finished 12 over. The putting is tricky, but I started to get the hang of it on the back 9.

This thing definitely makes it more of a challenge and demands you actually develop more skill. I've always been iffy on golf games in the past just because once you figured them out it was easy to dominate by aiming correctly and having good timing on a power meter. The Wii remote was no where near as good for swinging and putting especially, but the new control is very precise. As it is now this can actually help you a bit identifying problems with a real swing to a certain extent because you can see on the screen exactly what your wrist is doing at all times.

I've heard Grand Slam Tennis is just as good and I'm looking forward to the sword fighting component on Wii Sports Resort. Miyamoto has confirmed that the next Zelda may require the Motion Plus and I'll bet that Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M will both utilize it.

EA Sports is definitely loving the Wii lately. Their EA Sports Active has sold very well. And Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis are moving quickly. I'm interested to see what'll happen with Madden, NBA Live, and NCAA Football in a few months. Nintendo's Motion Plus video has indicated that great precision can be had in shooting a basketball with this thing.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Played 2 more rounds today. Shot a -5 & -1. I'm starting to get the hang of the putting, and was even able to shape some shots around trees and bunkers.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture