Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Futurama is BACK!

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Futurama is BACK!

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:08 pm

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/its ... turns.html

Best news this year. 26 new episodes on Comedy Central.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Futurama is BACK!

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Outstanding, if it doesn't go Family Guy (although Family Guy never held a candle to Futurama).

I will say, I have enjoyed all three of the movies. Although the most recent one was my least favorite of the bunch.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jordan kramer » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Family Guy can't hold Futurama's jock. can't wait for the new ones :woot:
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Agree 100% with all above posts...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:31 pm

Agree on Family Guy vs. Futurama. I was excited when we got the DVDs, but this is even better as it is a true return to the episodic TV for Futurama. It was a victim of Fox's scheduling more than anything else, getting skipped so often when NFL games went long and then beings bounced around from there.

I'd also take Futurama over The Simpsons. There've been several great seasons of The Simpsons, but time has diluted a lot of that and its glory days are far in the past. Plus Futurama is far more nerdy.

The Futurama DVDs get quite a bit of regular play and I look forward to expanding my collection further. It was a bummer when Futurama left off with "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Play Things" (a favorite episode, especially with the bit of opera at the end). The whole run was great. Lots of classics in there like "Roswell That Ends Well", "Luck of the Fryish", "Amazonian Woman in the Mood" (featuring the late, great Bea Arthur - me want snu snu!), "Jurassic Bark", and "The Why of Fry" - and that's just a small selection of Futurama greatness.

Futurama was the reason why I was happy Family Guy was brought back. Both were hugely popular on Adult Swim and DVD and I figured it was only a matter of time until Futurama was justly resurrected. I think the long delay for the DVD movies and the upcoming new episodes has more to do with Groening's schedule than anything else. I'm still hoping that after doing The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios (which is great, btw) that Universal would go back to Groening for something Futurama related. There's enough there for a whole theme park - although same goes for The Simpsons (an out of control monorail ride, anyone?).

Good news indeed.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby jfiling » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Tonight's the night, 1-hour premiere. Most likely in widescreen HD. I cannot wait.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Never cared for it, and i'm a big Billy West fan going back to Ren and Stimpy and all his voices on Stern's show.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture