Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Super heroes/villians, toughest?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Super heroes/villians, toughest?

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:30 am

Who is the baddest super hero or villain?

IOW when it is all said and done who is left standing. X Men/mutants count.

Obviously this is a surreal discussion so let's cut through the chase with the "so n so's powers are fake stuff".

Looking for logical break downs of the hierarchy of super heroes.

Just to get the ball rolling, which ironically could be the end all, I say Superman and Green Lantern are the final two left standing, with Green Lantern possibly winning, b/c despite Superman being a "Superman" faster, stronger and more invincible than all others (and kicking every other super heroes ass), Green Lantern can form green Kryptonite and destroy Superman? Which could make Sinestro the baddest of them all, b/c he kicks Green Lantern's ass mostly due to the science behind colors?

Seriously what is any other super hero going to do against either one of these guys?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Super heroes/villians, toughest?

Unread postby StewieG » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:41 am

Apocalypse is pretty bad ass too. Immortal, shape-shifting, teleporting, telepathy/telekinesis, smart, and able to fight off multiple foes at once.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 am

Not familiar with that one enough to have any objective opinion.

I know the Spiderman's and Batman's of the world stand little chance in this.

Flash might hang in there seeing as nobody could catch him I suppose?

FUDU

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:18 am

Darth vader is easily the toughest villain

he can pick you up and throw you across a field from like 3 miles away
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Brantley // Irving
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:27 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:Darth vader is easily the toughest villain

LOL, problem for him is if you disconnect his oxygen tank he dies from an asthma attack.

FUDU

Unread postby Tymaster » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Silver Surfer is omnipotent. Never leave him out of the equation.
Tymaster

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:00 pm

I've never understood the Green Lantern's powers. His weakness is yellow right? So you could cover yourself is mustard and hug him and he would be killed? No being a smartass just never followed GL.

A few picks of my own.

Dr. Manhattan- He cannot be destroyed, he can pretty much do anything. There is no one stronger, only a few equals.

Saint Of Killers- From Preacher. Undead gun fighter. He is the Patron Saint of Slaughter and Assassination. Had a Nuke dropped on him in the War In The Sun saga. Replies "Not enough gun". Only weakness is the "Word Of God".

Jesse Custer- Main character in Preacher. Was infused with the offspring of a Demon and Angel. Has the power of "Word Of God", which means if he says it, you do it. If he tells you to eat your shoes, you're gonna be shittin Nikes the next day. No other real power, but I guess if you tell Wolverine to cut his own heart out, and he does it, you don't need any other powers.

The Homelander- From The Boys. This series is only halfway over but The Homelander is a beast. Imagine Superman times 10, but with the personality of a Hyena, 80's Wallstreet exec, and Bill O'Reilly rolled into one. Really not sure of the extent of his powers since issue #31 just came out and it's going to 66.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:30 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I've never understood the Green Lantern's powers. His weakness is yellow right? So you could cover yourself is mustard and hug him and he would be killed? No being a smartass just never followed GL.

A few picks of my own.

Dr. Manhattan- He cannot be destroyed, he can pretty much do anything. There is no one stronger, only a few equals.

Saint Of Killers- From Preacher. Undead gun fighter. He is the Patron Saint of Slaughter and Assassination. Had a Nuke dropped on him in the War In The Sun saga. Replies "Not enough gun". Only weakness is the "Word Of God".

Jesse Custer- Main character in Preacher. Was infused with the offspring of a Demon and Angel. Has the power of "Word Of God", which means if he says it, you do it. If he tells you to eat your shoes, you're gonna be shittin Nikes the next day. No other real power, but I guess if you tell Wolverine to cut his own heart out, and he does it, you don't need any other powers.

The Homelander- From The Boys. This series is only halfway over but The Homelander is a beast. Imagine Superman times 10, but with the personality of a Hyena, 80's Wallstreet exec, and Bill O'Reilly rolled into one. Really not sure of the extent of his powers since issue #31 just came out and it's going to 66.

Well it all starts with superman IMO, we have to work our way from there. Seeing as he has only one weakness (specific types of Kryptonite) he is hard to top. So my thinking is what hero or villain has the capability of obtaining that kryptonite? I'm sure some can some how travel to the galaxy in which Krypton existed and get some, but the amount of time and resources makes it pretty futile, enter Green Lantern, who by the use of his ring can create green kryptonite out of thin air. But GL like you said can be taken care of with some Bertman's Ballpark mustard...or Sinestro.

As far as other powers of Superman's, is anybody really stronger than him, is Flash really faster than him?

Take somebody like Ironman, as cool and powerful as he is just grab a sprinkler and oxygen and you can call him Rustman soon enough.

Wolverine? Heck Magneto takes care of him, so where does that leave Magneto?

Etc, etc, etc...

FUDU

Unread postby davemanddd » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:18 pm

loki, after all he is a god. thanos with the infinity gauntlet. galactus who can devour entire planets. the beyonder who created an entire world specifically for the secret wars between all the superheroes and villians in the marvel universe. doctor doom in his mechanized armor to go along with his superior intelligence. but the coup de grace has got to be doomsday. anybody who can actually kill superman simply with his raw strength is one bad ass mo-fo.

edit: i thought this was only about toughest villians. guess i didn't read the entire post and see that it also included the heroes. oops, my bad. that being said, all you have to do is go by who are the respective heroes against all of these nemeses - thor for loki, adam warlock for thanos, silver surfer for galactus, the entire marvel universe for the beyonder, the entire fantastic four for doctor doom and superman for doomsday.

p.s. love the super-smilies ----> :spiderman: :batman:
Last edited by davemanddd on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby StewieG » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Ok, so what are the parameters here? Who does this include? Just comics? Does it go into movies? Books? Video games?

Also, is this a series of one-on-one battles, or is this like a huge hero/villain battle royal, with the last one standing wins? Because that makes a difference. If it's one on one, then we just take 2 and see who would win between them. If it's battle royal style, then wouldn't the weaker characters gang up to find a way to kill off the stronger ones? Is that against the rules? And more importantly, and I putting way too much thought into this? :hide:
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:48 pm

This is a great conversation.

Total unashamed nerdism. I'm down.

Superman is overrated and Dr. Manhattan could tear him apart molecule by molecule.

Really, I haven't read many straight forward super hero comic books lately. Although, seeing Magneto pull out Wolverine's skeleton was pretty cool. Marvel Zombies was pretty good. I'm still finishing up 100 Bullets, ten issues to go. I highly reccomend it, great story line, dialouge, and artwork. Going to start Sandman next
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:38 pm

I think Michael Korvac was possible the most powerful villain ever, at least in Marvel Comics.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:01 pm

I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby jordan kramer » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:48 pm

all i'm gonna say is, Dr. Manhattan fucks people up.
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:47 pm

jordan kramer wrote:all i'm gonna say is, Dr. Manhattan fucks people up.

Ding, ding, ding! What do we have for him, Johnny?
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:44 pm

I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby BDFD » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:06 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:Darth vader is easily the toughest villain

Darth Vader will be the only one left standing. Him, and a pile of crushed and dismembered bodies. If the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Dark Side of the Force, I just don't see what Superman could do to this guy. What can the Green Lantern do if he is suspended in air having his throat squeezed by an invisible force. If you cut his oxygen, he still will be able to survive. If you disagree, I find your lack of faith disturbing...

HM: Megatron - but I think Superman would eventually take down Megatron
BDFD

Favorite Player: Nuke LaLoosh
Least Favorite Player: Duke Temple

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Green Lantern is the most powerful and nowadays yellow doesn't bother him anymore. The Parallax issue has been dealt with. Once a GL confronts his own fear then he is only limited by the force of his will.

So ultimately a Green Lantern's power is determined by the GL himself. Hal Jordan, for instance, has no issues with willpower. Nor does Guy Gardner for that matter.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby jordan kramer » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:51 pm

all i'm gonna say is, Afro Samurai fucks people up
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 am

Powdered Toast Man

Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture