Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

24 - Season 8

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

24 - Season 8

Unread postby Guest » Fri May 22, 2009 10:51 am

New tidbits being released about Season 8.

I previously mentioned that Anil Kapoor, the Slumdog Millionaire game show host, would be playing an Interpol type agent. Not true. He will be a visiting foreign leader who is the target of an assassination attempt (shades of season 1).

New chief of staff for President Allison Taylor. The actor is Chris Diamantopoulus (never heard of him...supposedly he's on "The Starter Wife" as a gay friend to Debra Messing...boy, that's a stretch for her, isn't it?). In any case, Ethan Kanin is out, and he's a younger hot-head, so look for more of the usual White House arguments from this one...I'm guessing he'll be the one continually wanting Jack arrested/stopped/shot.

As mentioned earlier...it's in New York this time. Chloe and Renee will be back, and there will be some screen time for Kim.

We'll keep this thread going as more news comes in.

Re: 24 - Season 8

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue May 26, 2009 10:40 am

why is it in new york??? symbolism from 9/11??? i liked the washington dc angle in season 7. los angeles has pretty much ran its course. personally, i wish they would have chosen a new location that hardly any movies or tv shows originate from, say like minnesota. i mean can you imagine jack having to chase someone threw the mall of america??? now that would take at least 24 hours!!!

:heehee:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby BroncoFan » Tue May 26, 2009 4:06 pm

I'm tremendously disappointed to see that Pres. Taylor will be back. For some reason she really bugged me, even more so than first slut olivia, who also bugged me to no end. Next we'll find out that Garafalo will be given cameo's. Reflecting back on her character, casting Garafalo just doesn't make sense to me, it could have been anyone and it wouldn't have mattered. Remember when we last left her she was handcuffed in the torture room waiting for Renee to go Apesh*t on the head of the BMG, which bodes badly for me and my desire to have her go away.

I'm ok with New York for a change of scenery but given that they seem to be able teleport themselves all over washington without ripping apart the space time continuum they could take this anywhere. Perhaps the new season will start off with Renee tanning at the beach on her hard earned day off only to have Jack walk out of the surf and begin the body count by capping someone trying to take retribution on her for beating the crap out of Will Patton.

Just a thought.
BroncoFan

Favorite Player: John Elway
Least Favorite Player: Phillip Rivers

Unread postby Stu » Tue May 26, 2009 7:22 pm

broncofan,

you really want another president? we need some consistency, as theres been way too many presidents in the 24 universe already.
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby davemanddd » Wed May 27, 2009 8:23 am

Stu wrote:broncofan,

you really want another president? we need some consistency, as theres been way too many presidents in the 24 universe already.

i agree. i still miss david palmer. he's been the strongest one of the bunch and the only one who has ever been squarely in jack's corner. i'm surprised they didn't keep wayne palmer around very long though. i'm also surprised that noah daniels didn't play a part in undermining the taylor presidency. maybe he might be back to make up for it in season 8??? we can only hope.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Guest » Thu May 28, 2009 9:06 am

Just announced; Freddie Prinze Jr. has been cast as the next version of Chase, playing a CTU field ops chief who is a former Marine who idolizes Jack Bauer.

One note on the President thing...I really hope that they do NOT go with another attempted presidential coup this year. To me, that was the worst plot device, always having some diabolical VP or Cabinet member attempting to depose the elected president.

Unread postby BroncoFan » Thu May 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Stu wrote:broncofan,

Yeah I do, and I also agree that there have been too many but since I suspended disbelief a long time ago what the heck. he they brought back Almeida why not bring back Palmer (joke). But they could have her adminstration cave in thanks to first slut give them a reason to have her resign and replace her.

Mitch's way would work to. avoid another white house coup and she get s less TV time, I could live with that I suppose.

Freddie Prinz jr hmm why stop there now that we've also had Garafalo. Lets add Dennis Miller since he has been free on Monday nights for a while, or why not go for a Miller, Kornheiser, Madden trifecta as the new white house cabinet. Man that would suck!
BroncoFan

Unread postby consigliere » Thu May 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Mitch wrote:Just announced; Freddie Prinze Jr. has been cast as the next version of Chase, playing a CTU field ops chief who is a former Marine who idolizes Jack Bauer.

One note on the President thing...I really hope that they do NOT go with another attempted presidential coup this year. To me, that was the worst plot device, always having some diabolical VP or Cabinet member attempting to depose the elected president.

I'd like to see them put the Prez in a more background role on the show, sorta like in Season 4 with President Keeler. Of course, the last half of that show when Logan took over and Palmer became his advisor the Prez was brought back into the fold as a major character, but for at least the first half of the season that year he was not. They had Secretary of Defense Heller as the main White House guy.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby consigliere » Thu May 28, 2009 6:09 pm

More cast members announced...some already mentioned...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... e3347536cc

Freddie Prinze Jr. as Jack Bauer Jr.?

Sources said Prinze is joining the cast of Fox's "24" as a regular, playing Davis Cole, a recently returned Marine who runs CTU Field Ops and wants to follow in Jack Bauer's (Kiefer Sutherland) footsteps.

On the real-time drama, whose upcoming eighth season started production Wednesday, Prinze joins fellow new cast additions Anil Kapoor, who plays a Middle East leader; Chris Diamantopoulos, as the president's new chief of staff; and John Boyd as a CTU systems analyst. All of them are regulars, while Jennifer Westfeldt has come aboard as a recurring, playing a a journalist.

Also cast as a recurring on the 20th TV/Imagine series is Nazneen Contractor as Kapoor's daughter.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Stu » Thu May 28, 2009 6:47 pm

i say we start a pool, does freddy die or does he just lose a limb?
Stu

Unread postby swerb » Fri May 29, 2009 12:35 pm

I gotta say, as unlikable as The First Slut was, she had a hot quality to her.

Very excited this season will be in NY. Most exciting city in the world. Should be great.

President Taylor ... blah. But as others said, how many Presidents can you churn through in 8 years?

I miss you Renee.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby BroncoFan » Fri May 29, 2009 4:00 pm

[quote="Swerb"]I gotta say, as unlikable as The First Slut was, she had a hot quality to her.

Very excited this season will be in NY. Most exciting city in the world. Should be great.

President Taylor ... blah. But as others said, how many Presidents can you churn through in 8 years?

I miss you Renee.[/quote]

LOL Swerb, I think you speak for all of us. :dingle:
BroncoFan

Unread postby Stu » Fri May 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Swerb wrote:I gotta say, as unlikable as The First Slut was, she had a hot quality to her.

She had a pig face quality to her.
Stu

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Katee Sackhoff...aka Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace from Battlestar Galactica...will be next year's version of Janis Gold; an analyst at CTU (who will undoubtably bump heads with Chloe).

She's supposed to be in a relationship with Freddie Prinze Jr's character...and have a secret about her past that she's trying to keep hidden.

Big improvement already over Janeanne Garafalo.

Unread postby Cease » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:42 am

Swerb wrote:
I miss you Renee.

And I miss Edgar, my all time favorite 24 character.

"My mother ith dying, Mith Dithcoll. I've got to sthave her"

Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture