Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Unread postby KingRex1583 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:03 am

Has anyone else seen this?

Not being a huge comic book fan, I dind't have high expectations going in. Unfortunately, even the low expectations I did have were not met by this atrocity. The story was lame. The supporting characters that you want to see ("Deadpool" Ryan Reynolds) are in it for about five minutes. The supposed emotional scenes where people died evoked no emotion. What sealed it for me, though, was how a big budget summer movie had such poor special effects that it looked like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" at times.

The lone saving grace for me was Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth. He was a total badass and awesome.

Everything else sucked. It wasn't half as good as Star Trek.
User avatar
KingRex1583
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:28 am
Favorite Player: Delonte West
Least Favorite Player: Whines Hard

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Unread postby noles1 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:17 am

Feel the same way. Lots of action, no substance. Weird storyline and never really found myself into it.

Disappointing and created more character questions than it attempted to solve.

Tried to do too much, the anti-Batman Begins...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 am

I'm no comic book fiend either, but my boss, who is, says it follows the original comic book... and that's why he likes it.

I mean no disrespect, but I probably will never see this.

And the first guy was right, it's not even half as good as Star Trek.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
User avatar
Bill the Butcher
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Five Points
Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Unread postby Guest » Thu May 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:I'm no comic book fiend either, but my boss, who is, says it follows the original comic book... and that's why he likes it.

I mean no disrespect, but I probably will never see this.

And the first guy was right, it's not even half as good as Star Trek.


One could ask how you would know it wasn't half as good as Star Trek if you have no intention of seeing it. ;-) ;) :wink:

It was a little better than "half as good"...since I gave Wolverine a 2 1/2 and Star Trek a 4.

As far as comic book movies go, it didn't suck as bad as Hulk, Fantastic 4, or X-Men 3.

But that ain't saying much.
Guest
 

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 14, 2009 2:14 pm

As a comic book fan, I think they should've called it Wolverine: X-Men Borigins. I saw it before I left for Vegas, the action was "meh" at best, they glossed over all the other characters... We got almost zero Gambit. Schriber was ok, he was the most interesting guy in the movie. The dialouge was horrible.

All the other comic book movies get crushed by:

Watchmen
Sin City
The Dark Knight
Hellboy 1&2

Just wait for 100 Bullets.......
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Unread postby jb » Thu May 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Mitch wrote:
Bill the Butcher wrote:I'm no comic book fiend either, but my boss, who is, says it follows the original comic book... and that's why he likes it.

I mean no disrespect, but I probably will never see this.

And the first guy was right, it's not even half as good as Star Trek.


One could ask how you would know it wasn't half as good as Star Trek if you have no intention of seeing it. ;-) ;) :wink:

It was a little better than "half as good"...since I gave Wolverine a 2 1/2 and Star Trek a 4.

As far as comic book movies go, it didn't suck as bad as Hulk, Fantastic 4, or X-Men 3.

But that ain't saying much.



Good to see you taking lil boys comix and spacemans as films seriously, Mitchell. ;-)

Barman: Best movie ever, eh? Sooooooooooooooooooooooo deep.

Sweet rides and leather / spandex costumes, too.

Blow things up.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Unread postby Guest » Thu May 14, 2009 4:15 pm

JB wrote:
Good to see you taking lil boys comix and spacemans as films seriously, Mitchell. ;-)

Barman: Best movie ever, eh? Sooooooooooooooooooooooo deep.

Sweet rides and leather / spandex costumes, too.

Blow things up.


Eh...you got to realize that there is a hell of a big difference between a Star Trek or a Dark Knight getting a Bernie Kosar, and me giving the same grade to a Slumdog Millionaire, Frost/Nixon, Juno, or Munich.

Extremely well done films done strictly as entertainment should be reviewed as such, and if worthy, given the higher grade.

The Dark Knight doesn't even crack my Top 100 movies from all time, although I did think it was a fantastic example of how the genre should be made.

You're just a hater because the ComicCon geek boys agitate you like flat beer.
Guest
 

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Unread postby jb » Thu May 14, 2009 4:26 pm

Mitch wrote:
JB wrote:
Good to see you taking lil boys comix and spacemans as films seriously, Mitchell. ;-)

Barman: Best movie ever, eh? Sooooooooooooooooooooooo deep.

Sweet rides and leather / spandex costumes, too.

Blow things up.


Eh...you got to realize that there is a hell of a big difference between a Star Trek or a Dark Knight getting a Bernie Kosar, and me giving the same grade to a Slumdog Millionaire, Frost/Nixon, Juno, or Munich.

Extremely well done films done strictly as entertainment should be reviewed as such, and if worthy, given the higher grade.

The Dark Knight doesn't even crack my Top 100 movies from all time, although I did think it was a fantastic example of how the genre should be made.

You're just a hater because the ComicCon geek boys agitate you like flat beer.


Nuh uh, mitch.

Star Trek is AT LEAST the 82nd best movie ever. Mac said that's how IMDB voter.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Unread postby tyron3 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:30 am

it's just like the way i feel about the comic character "spawn" :nanner: and "the punisher" :guns:
User avatar
tyron3
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:50 am
Favorite Player: Tim Tebow
Least Favorite Player: Matt McGowan

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Unread postby davemanddd » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:45 pm

well, it wasn't as bad as "daredevil" and it was certainly better than the first "hulk" with eric bana as bruce banner, which isn't saying much though. the question now is, what's next for the "x-men" movie franchise??? do they pick up where they left off with a younger xavier starting his "school for gifted youngsters"??? puh-lease!!! it was bad enough seeing patrick stewart having his wrinkles obviously cgi-d out of his face for just the last few seconds in the movie, but having to see that for two hours would just be torture.
dave . . .
davemanddd
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:07 pm
Location: mansfield, ohio
Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james


Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Who is online

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests