Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

NCAA/Madden 2010 thread.

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

NCAA/Madden 2010 thread.

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:32 pm

For once it looks like EA is going to actually make this game worth buying and not just for updated rosters.

NCAA Football 10 introduces TeamBuilder, an all-new, online create-a-school feature that will enhance the user’s ability to produce personalized content. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will help users create authentic teams for NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

Other features:
* Auto Pass
* Procedural Awareness
* Stadium Camera Flashes
* Field Goal Nets / Field Goal Socks
* Team Specific Bowl Game End Zones
* Super Sim Improvements (On-the-Field Presentation, Updated CPU Clock Management, Skip Play in Campus Legend)
* New Custom Conference feature in Dynasty Mode (Also available in Online Dynasty)
* Player Lock and Defensive Assist
* Sideline Reporter Erin Andrews
* More Stadiums/Stadium Updates
* Adaptive AI
* Create-A-School mode
* Create-A-Playbook
* Branch-Tackling System
* FCS Downloadable Content for Xbox 360/PS3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Footb ... der_list-3

Only bad thing is that they don't have the Minnesota Golden Gopher's New Stadium in yet :(. But other than that this is really looking like it's worth a pick up. I heard the huge reason is EA hired some new folks to be head designers in this game and they're really putting a lot of effort into this and Madden 10.
Last edited by Triple-S on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: NCAA 2010 thread.

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Wow, that's a LOT of new things. Looks great on the surface, and definitely looks worth buying. Will this effect gameplay in a negative way, or will it be the same/better than last year?

Very excited about Teambuilder and Adaptive AI. Plus the extra visual things are cool. It always bothered me that bowl games always had generic endzones.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu May 21, 2009 1:34 am

bumping this back up to distract myself from the game tonight.

I think that in Team Builder you can even create historic teams now, already thought of a few that I'm going to try and hunt for or try and make on my own.

1975 Ohio State Buckeyes- Archie's senior year and Cornelius Greene seemed pretty underrated at QB

1995 Ohio State Buckeyes- Terry Glenn, Orlando Pace, Eddie George, Shawn Springs, Mike Vrabel all around great team, Cooper could never beat Wolverqueens

1998 Ohio State Buckeyes- Sparty screwed this team over big time, if not for them, they'd have been Nat'l Champions. Katzenmoyer, Boston Winfield and Joe Germaine headline this one.

2002 Ohio State Buckeyes- Greatest season I've seen out of a team I've followed. Purdue put them in a dog fight, and the Illlinois game is a game I got a DVR and tape somehow, as that's my favorite. Also, I know he's RUINED his career, but I flat out believed that Mo Clarett was going to be something on the level of Herschel Walker and just dominate his next two years.

2005 Ohio State Buckeyes- Still believe that this was the greatest team to never win a title, Troy Smith at QB, Hawk-Carpenter-Schlegal-And Freshman James Laurinitis all at LB, Anthony Gonzales, Santonio Holmes, and Tedd Ginn at Reciever. Just loaded talent wise, and just got screwed out of two close ones. Tressell should have played Smith the whole Texas game and Penn State should have been a W.

Non-Buckeye wise

2001 Miami Fla.- Butch Davis built a team up that could have probably played in the NFL, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, Bryant McKinnie, Jeremy Shockey (Souljah was his backup), Wills McGahee, and leading the team was auctaully Ken Dorsey. Coker gets the ring, but it was really Butch that built that team.

1997 Tennesse Volunteers- With all due respect to the '98 squad, this one would have been more fun to play with. Peyton Manning and Jamal Lewis in the same offense?

1983 Miami Fla.-Just for Bernie Kosar.

2005 Notre Dame- Pretty much suffered the same bad breaks as the '05 TOSU Buckeyes, in an alternate universe, one could only imaghine the Final Four with them, USC of that year and Texas of that year

2005 USC- Leinart, Bush and LenDale White, pretty much USC under Pete Carroll is what Butch Davis's Hurricanes

2000 Purdue Boilermakers- Homer Alert, but this team made me fall in love with the sport of football and with relative ease, Drew Brees and Co. lit up the Big Ten and shocked the Big Two of the conference in Ohio State and Michigan en route to a Rose Bowl.

2004 Purdue Boilermakers-Being a Purdue fan is excellent practice for being a C-Town sports fan. Care in point, the '04 Boilers, after reaching the TOP 5 in the nation, and having College Gameday in House, Kyle Orton and the Purdue Boilermakers took on the Wisconsin Badges on a Saturday night in West Lafayette, the game went back and forth, until the end of the 4th, where Orton was cheap shotted and coughed up the ball costing us the game. Purdue drops 4 straight due to Orton being injured, and pretty much costs them the chance to move up to the rung below TOSU/Meatchiekn, inhabited by Iowa, Penn State and Wisconsin.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby jordan kramer » Thu May 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Erin Andrews baby! :woot:
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Tymaster » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:59 pm

They finally stopped using a generic stadium template for smaller schools.

Look at my alma matter. You can see the Convocation Center and bong hill in the background.
I can't wait for fall. I spend many a Saturday at Peden Stadium!
Tymaster

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:04 pm

The Demo is out if anyone hasn't found out.

The game looks amazing, finally seems that the new people EA put in charge of their sports game get it from all accounts.

Madden is looking just as amazing from the videos I've seen.

On Madden I can't understand why Tom Hammond sounds so horrible, he's a great commentator and one of my favs in real life, but he sounds horrible in a video game. I mean his call of Metcalf's return against the Inbred is a classic and how they're not able to capture him like that is just beyond me.

Triple-S

Unread postby Tymaster » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:40 pm

Triple-S wrote:The Demo is out if anyone hasn't found out.

The game looks amazing, finally seems that the new people EA put in charge of their sports game get it from all accounts.

Madden is looking just as amazing from the videos I've seen.

On Madden I can't understand why Tom Hammond sounds so horrible, he's a great commentator and one of my favs in real life, but he sounds horrible in a video game. I mean his call of Metcalf's return against the Inbred is a classic and how they're not able to capture him like that is just beyond me.

Madden 2010 has to be an improvement from last years. 09 was a major letdown after the glory that was '08. Maybe I just love the '08 edition because the 2007 Browns season was such a thrill ride......
Still waiting for a good football game for the Wii. That system can't be beat for golf, tennis, racing, and boxing. But the football games have been clunkers.
Tymaster

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Tymaster wrote:They finally stopped using a generic stadium template for smaller schools.

Look at my alma matter. You can see the Convocation Center and bong hill in the background.

They've had the I-A stadiums realistically rendered for a few years, including the MAC and Sun Belt. It's the I-AA stadiums, like Stambaugh, that have been generically rendered.

Would love to see an option for a Playoff/Tournament instead of the bowls on Campus Legend or Dynasty mode.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Tymaster » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:51 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
Tymaster wrote:They finally stopped using a generic stadium template for smaller schools.

They've had the I-A stadiums realistically rendered for a few years, including the MAC and Sun Belt. It's the I-AA stadiums, like Stambaugh, that have been generically rendered.

Would love to see an option for a Playoff/Tournament instead of the bowls on Campus Legend or Dynasty mode.

I remember them having Peden on an edition for Game Cube, but I swear to the man above, the last few years on X-Box, all of the MAC schools were generic. Which is why they put YouTube clips of them out there this year to advertise. Go to youtube and type in NCAA2010, Movie Gallery Stadium pops up, Peden, Buffalo. All were absent in recent additions.
Tymaster

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Tymaster wrote:I remember them having Peden on an edition for Game Cube, but I swear to the man above, the last few years on X-Box, all of the MAC schools were generic. Which is why they put YouTube clips of them out there this year to advertise. Go to youtube and type in NCAA2010, Movie Gallery Stadium pops up, Peden, Buffalo. All were absent in recent additions.

You might be right. The last edition I've played was 2006, with Reggie Bush on the cover. They had the MAC stadiums in that game, but for all I know they dropped them in more recent editions. Either way, it's good that they have them now.

I've always heard Peden is a great place to watch a game. Of course, Athens isn't so fun to get to or drive around in. Like a little Pittsburgh with all them hills.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Tymaster » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:28 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
Tymaster wrote:I remember them having Peden on an edition for Game Cube, but I swear to the man above, the last few years on X-Box, all of the MAC schools were generic. Which is why they put YouTube clips of them out there this year to advertise. Go to youtube and type in NCAA2010, Movie Gallery Stadium pops up, Peden, Buffalo. All were absent in recent additions.

You might be right. The last edition I've played was 2006, with Reggie Bush on the cover. They had the MAC stadiums in that game, but for all I know they dropped them in more recent editions. Either way, it's good that they have them now.

I've always heard Peden is a great place to watch a game. Of course, Athens isn't so fun to get to or drive around in. Like a little Pittsburgh with all them hills.

Anytime you wanna come to Peden give me a shout. I'll have you welll fed grab some zesty beverages and you can roll to the game with my posse.
As for NCAA, the last edition I have is 2007, and it had ZERO MAC stadiums. I have no idea why. There's some beautiful lil fields in the MAC.
Tymaster

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:55 pm

This one has some of the MAC stadiums, but not all.

IN:
Akron
Ball St.
Bowling Green
Buffalo
Central Mich
Eastern Mich
Northern Ill
Ohio
Temple
Toledo
Western Mich

OUT:
Kent St.
Miami

Maybe next year they'll actually have Dix and Yaeger in there. Maybe. I've been waiting for years.
StewieG

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:35 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:

They used to have that in NCAA 2001, was pretty awesome too. I guess the NCAA got pretty upset about it or something. Operation Sports forums has their Producers and lead designers post there and I've been tempted to ask them that for a while

Also Dix Stadium is still generic and Infocision isn't in the game yet :(

Only 9 more days! Can't wait to lead Purdue to a dynasty status and auctually go to a Nat'l Title, something that'll never happen in my lifetime. :bag:

Triple-S

Unread postby Tymaster » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Triple-S wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:

They used to have that in NCAA 2001, was pretty awesome too. I guess the NCAA got pretty upset about it or something. Operation Sports forums has their Producers and lead designers post there and I've been tempted to ask them that for a while

Also Dix Stadium is still generic and Infocision isn't in the game yet :(

Only 9 more days! Can't wait to lead Purdue to a dynasty status and auctually go to a Nat'l Title, something that'll never happen in my lifetime. :bag:

Same here baby! I'm riding the Bobcats to the BCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tymaster

Unread postby cms2718 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:06 pm

Tymaster - that clip you posted is why i'm buying this game, as an OU alum too i'm happy to see Peden back in the game (not to mention the Convo and Ping in the background) the attention to detail is crazy this year, IMO

I was told by a few people in the OU athletic dept. this year that the game was overhauled last season, hence a lot of smaller schools not having their stadiums in the games, I know Peden was not in the game for this reason and am guessing it was the same for the other schools too.
cms2718
Still calls it The Jake

Unread postby Tymaster » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:11 am

Question for the gamers:
How long does it take to get a MAC or WAC team into the BCS in "dynasty mode?"
In the past I've just played through the season, went to whatever bowl, and got bored with it and moved onto another game.
Is it even possible to get a MAC team to the BCS in "dynasty mode?"
Tymaster

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:22 am

If you make your schedule tough enough, and win all your games, you can make the BCS your first year at a MAC school. If you're simming though, it's gonna take a couple years.
StewieG

Unread postby Tymaster » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:25 am

StewieG wrote:If you make your schedule tough enough, and win all your games, you can make the BCS your first year at a MAC school. If you're simming though, it's gonna take a couple years.

Oh! You still have to play your conference games though right? So what do you do? Go on the road to all of the top 4 BCS teams for your non-conference games? And prayer for a perfect season?
Tymaster

Unread postby Tymaster » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:29 am

cms2718 wrote:Tymaster - that clip you posted is why i'm buying this game, as an OU alum too i'm happy to see Peden back in the game (not to mention the Convo and Ping in the background) the attention to detail is crazy this year, IMO

I was told by a few people in the OU athletic dept. this year that the game was overhauled last season, hence a lot of smaller schools not having their stadiums in the games, I know Peden was not in the game for this reason and am guessing it was the same for the other schools too.

Can't wait for this season. A colleague of mine's son is the "team manager' so on top of season tix, green and white club, I'm gonna get FIELD PASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like Frank Solich has a good team assembled, and aside from two non-conference games, the schedule isn't bad. It would be nice to start the season with a win against UCONN. Although not known for football, they are much bigger school/program and would raise some eyebrows. Last season was a let down, but it was fun scaring the shit out of the Buckeyes.
Tymaster

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:44 am

Tymaster wrote:
StewieG wrote:If you make your schedule tough enough, and win all your games, you can make the BCS your first year at a MAC school. If you're simming though, it's gonna take a couple years.

Oh! You still have to play your conference games though right? So what do you do? Go on the road to all of the top 4 BCS teams for your non-conference games? And prayer for a perfect season?

Yeah, you still have no choice but to play conference games.

But, in general, if you beat ranked teams (say...Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas) early in the season, then beat a highly ranked opponent late (say Ohio State or USC) it should give you the momentum you need to get a BCS bid. If you're lucky, and a lot of teams lose and/or you beat a ranked MAC team (which does happen somewhat often) you can sneak into the National Championship your first year. But, if a couple big schools like Florida or Oklahoma win out and you don't play them, then you're almost certainly not going to get in to a National Championship game no matter how impressive your out-of-conference schedule is.

In general, if you run the table you'll go to a decent bowl game no matter what your schedule looks like. The more impressive the schedule, the more likely you are to get to a big game.

Also, sometimes bigger conferences will extend bids (generally the Big 10 and the Big 12 if you're a MAC school). Then you'll have the conference schedule and power to get in fairly easily, provided you don't lose more than 1 game.
StewieG

Unread postby Tymaster » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:51 am

StewieG wrote:
Tymaster wrote:

Yeah, you still have no choice but to play conference games.

But, in general, if you beat ranked teams (say...Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas) early in the season, then beat a highly ranked opponent late (say Ohio State or USC) it should give you the momentum you need to get a BCS bid. If you're lucky, and a lot of teams lose and/or you beat a ranked MAC team (which does happen somewhat often) you can sneak into the National Championship your first year. But, if a couple big schools like Florida or Oklahoma win out and you don't play them, then you're almost certainly not going to get in to a National Championship game no matter how impressive your out-of-conference schedule is.

In general, if you run the table you'll go to a decent bowl game no matter what your schedule looks like. The more impressive the schedule, the more likely you are to get to a big game.

Also, sometimes bigger conferences will extend bids (generally the Big 10 and the Big 12 if you're a MAC school). Then you'll have the conference schedule and power to get in fairly easily, provided you don't lose more than 1 game.

Sounds cool. A fanasty almost. Because with the current system the MAC, WAC, and some other smaller conferences are unfairly left out of the system. I'm happy to see my Bobcats go to any bowl game they get offered in "real life," but to play it out and have them be National Champs via my Xbox would be rad!
Tymaster

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Ah, the annual overhyping of EA's once glorious but now lazily put together football games.

Best marketing ever last year on madden.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: NCAA/Madden 2010 thread.

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Game comes out this next tuesday.

I really wish they'd do a switch up of announcers. No offense intended towards Nessler and Co. But would it not rule to have Musburger call the game winning Hail Mary pass you just beat your best friend on?

Triple-S

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:04 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Ah, the annual overhyping of EA's once glorious but now lazily put together football games.

Yep, it was once a great series, now it's the same rehashed crap.

Madden '07 was the last decent version.

The worst thing about a new Madden game, a new season of Madden Nation. A bunch of jizzbags talking shit about a video game on a giant tour bus while playing for $100,000. Great Idea, ESPN.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:13 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The worst thing about a new Madden game, a new season of Madden Nation. A bunch of jizzbags talking shit about a video game on a giant tour bus while playing for $100,000. Great Idea, ESPN.

Even the hardcore Madden Gamers HATE those guys. They cheese all the time (pick easy plays and shortcuts) and are just in general a**bags who take the game too seriously and trash talk.

Believe me they are jokes, nothing like some toolbag representing the Browns and Braylon Edwards looking like he just jumped on the bandwagon after the 10-6 season and probably knows absolutely nothing about the Browns other than maybe the three players he uses in the game.

and ESPN puts this in place of replaying Classic Games on ESPN Classic?

Triple-S

Unread postby Tymaster » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:47 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Ah, the annual overhyping of EA's once glorious but now lazily put together football games.

To me it's been the same game year in and year out for almost 20 years. Just better graphics and a tweak or two here and there. That said, it's one night's bar tab for a few months of video game enjoyment. It's not like I liken Madden to Zelda or Grand Theft Auto. It's never been a "great" game, but it has always been the best football game.
Tymaster

Unread postby cweiz32 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:43 pm

So far so good with this version of NCAA. LOVE team builder sans a few glitches on the teams' iniforms I downloaded from the site. Also, the season showdown addition, at least from the get go, seems like a great addition. Pick your favorite school and pretty much any time you play, you can accumulate points towards its national ranking online.
cweiz32

Favorite Player: LeBron
Least Favorite Player: Whines Hard

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:48 pm

cweiz32 wrote:So far so good with this version of NCAA. LOVE team builder sans a few glitches on the teams' iniforms I downloaded from the site. Also, the season showdown addition, at least from the get go, seems like a great addition. Pick your favorite school and pretty much any time you play, you can accumulate points towards its national ranking online.

I've got a copy waiting on me at GameCrazy but I'm broker than Bernie Kosar.
Hhhhhmmmmmm, food or NCAA??????????????????????? Decisions, decisions.
* Signs up for budgeting 101 b/c Tymaster is only a "master" at spending all his $$ on payday then crying about being broke til the next pay day *
Tymaster

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:30 pm

Picked it up today. It's pretty good. Season showdown is awesome. They finally figured out a way to get people (most people, that is) to not run up the score and play football the real way.

First thing I did though was play OSU/Michigan. I was up 28-21 with seconds to play, Michigan had the ball with one chance to go for a Hail Mary. My safety (I think it was Russell Anderson) picked it off and had an (almost) clear path to the endzone...had to beat a couple offensive lineman and the QB. I took it to the house and Herbstreit scolded me for running up the score.
StewieG

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:24 pm

StewieG wrote:Picked it up today. It's pretty good. Season showdown is awesome. They finally figured out a way to get people (most people, that is) to not run up the score and play football the real way.

First thing I did though was play OSU/Michigan. I was up 28-21 with seconds to play, Michigan had the ball with one chance to go for a Hail Mary. My safety (I think it was Russell Anderson) picked it off and had an (almost) clear path to the endzone...had to beat a couple offensive lineman and the QB. I took it to the house and Herbstreit scolded me for running up the score.

There are downloads (unofficial of course) on xbox live that will give you player names for every school. My buddy grabbed it and shared it with a bunch of friends and myself.
Tymaster

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:28 pm

StewieG wrote:Picked it up today. It's pretty good. Season showdown is awesome. They finally figured out a way to get people (most people, that is) to not run up the score and play football the real way.

wow that sounds realistic. :hide: Herbstrait has come off as a self-hating ohio state fan as of late, it's gotten pretty annoying. It's like he's going out of his way to NOT come off as himself liking the Buckeyes and Big Ten football in anyway. Granted this is just video game, but I just found that sort of funny he'd say that. Any Self-respecting Buckeye would run up the score against Michigan, Always.

No time to go for two in honor of St. Wayne Woodrow Hayes? :yessss:

Triple-S

Unread postby TIMMAH » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Have Madden 09. Love it. Still play it. No way they are getting $60 more from me for the updated rosters that is madden 10 lol. Maybe 11.

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Unread postby pup » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:04 pm

Is NCAA only a 1 player game?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Pup wrote:Is NCAA only a 1 player game?

No. Up to 4 players can play at a time (Co-op or Vs).

In addition, there is an online mode where you can do a 10 or 12 team dynasty against other players from around the country.

I believe you can also do a dynasty with a few other players on just your machine (no online required, IOW) but I haven't tried that this year, so don't quote me.
StewieG

Unread postby Tymaster » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:46 pm

I just did the impossible (impossible in real life) and made the Ohio U. Bobcats the BCS champs. I played the top 4 teams in the BCS on the road for my non-conference schedule, then steamrolled the MAC. I hovered around number 6 for seemingly ever, but eventually the chips fell in place. Whacking teams like Temple and BGSU for 80 points helped even out my weak (MAC) strength of schedule, as did opening up my season with 6 road games, the first 4 being AT the top 4 schools in the country.

Edited to add: the game is incredibly realistic. It took every inch and ounce of my 30 years of gaming to defeat those top 4 teams, and then when I played in the BCS game I think the AI went up quite a bit. THe only "easy" games were the MAC games, but that aspect (actually being challenged) made it pretty rewarding. If you take a MAC team to the BCS you get a "Crash the Party" reward which was kind of cool.
Tymaster

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:37 am

Just picked up NCAA 2010 last night. I've been a Madden devotee for my whole football playing life and needed a change. Game seems great so far. The recruiting aspect is fun and much better than FA for Madden. Picked the Buckeyes in my dynasty (like there was a doubt). Probably go for a lesser known school next time to try and build it up.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:59 pm

I've had NCAA for the last couple of days, pretty awesome. I love being able to download the all-time teams via teambuilder. All-Time TOSU is pretty much unstoppable, just give the ball to Archie and it's pretty much a guaranteed 1st down, if not a TD.

Also, Madden just released their soundtrack.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2069-Hartford ... soundtrack

'bout damn time we had some 2pac and some actual good artists as the soundtrack over some lame indie/death metal BS.

Triple-S

Unread postby pup » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:33 am

FYI

Sports Illustrated is currently running a special offer:

28 week subscription
2010 Madden, whichever platform
Some kind of Madden DVD

$50

It says the game will ship very close to August 14.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:35 am

Pup wrote:FYI

28 week subscription
Some kind of Madden DVD

$50

WTF?

That is less than just Madden costs.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:53 pm

28 week subscription
Some kind of Madden DVD

$50

I jumped on that. The subscription automatically renews, unless you tell them to cancel. Still a great deal.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:57 pm

MAN GET OUT MY WAY....

Midnight Release tonight folks.

also, LOL, at the Terry Kirby TD in the 2nd clip. I think that was the only one he scored all season. :hide:

Triple-S

Unread postby pup » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:49 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:

28 week subscription
Some kind of Madden DVD

$50

I jumped on that. The subscription automatically renews, unless you tell them to cancel. Still a great deal.

Anyone have any luck with this?

Mine is STILL on backorder!

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby pup » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Check that. Just checked and it says "your Madden 10 was mailed today, allow 3-4 weeks".

3-4 weeks? Are they using snail mail?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby pup » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:55 am

My Madden came in!

Played a little last night. Man, it has been a long time since I played Madden. Gonna take some time to get it down.

Game play is cool.
Graphics are great.

Maybe after a week I can offer more in depth thoughts.

Anyone else been playing?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:27 am

Pup wrote:My Madden came in!

Played a little last night. Man, it has been a long time since I played Madden. Gonna take some time to get it down.

Game play is cool.
Graphics are great.

Maybe after a week I can offer more in depth thoughts.

Anyone else been playing?

Yeah I've been playing my Browns franchise. Already on year 2 after shipping Anderson off. James Harrison is a beast in the game but in year 2 James Davis is even more of a beast. Brady Quinn won the MVP and barely had any improvement; Braylon led the league in TD catches and didn't improve at all.

I had picked up NCAA before Madden and it was a giant steaming pile compared to Madden. Almost kicked myself when I saw the SI deal but I think it was worth the extra $10 to be able to play the game for almost a month.

Only a couple of cons with the game. 1) WAAAY too many goalline TD checks, wherein you either obviously score (or don't score, I've been right every single time on what I thought the call would be) and the game cuts away to 2 refs coming together to discuss the call. Takes way too long and the guy is usually laying in the end zone or was obviously stuffed. Also I've noticed that the clock sometimes doesn't stop when guys are tackled out of bounds. If you run out it will stop but not if tackled out.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby pup » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:11 am

Also I've noticed that the clock sometimes doesn't stop when guys are tackled out of bounds. If you run out it will stop but not if tackled out.

Noticed that in the few games I have played. The whole forward progress is a little exagerated, especially in a game that promotes fight for every yard.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:34 am

Pup wrote:
Also I've noticed that the clock sometimes doesn't stop when guys are tackled out of bounds. If you run out it will stop but not if tackled out.

Noticed that in the few games I have played. The whole forward progress is a little exagerated, especially in a game that promotes fight for every yard.

Just wait until your defense has 4 guys gangtackling 1 guy and by some miracle he can break free FROM ALL OF THEM and run for a 70 yard touchdown. This happened to me when playing the Patriots and it wasn't Ben Watson or Randy Moss that did it, oh know. It was Wes Welker. Full disclosure: It's happened for me twice with James Davis but come on, he's almost 6' 220. Welker is 5'9 185, shouldn't be able to break free from 2 safeties, a CB, and an LB. The game's better than in year's past but still has a lot of "Huh?" moments.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby TIMMAH » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:56 pm

new madden is so amazing. I wasn't gonna get it since I got last years but I am so glad I did. The franchise exceptional. Especially with all the new pregame/ half time stuff and the extra point show or whatever in between weeks blows my mind.

Plus, flash package + cribbs = sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture