Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Sirius vs. XM

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Sirius vs. XM

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:03 pm

Anyone have one of the satellite radio systems? I'm interesting in buying one, but would like to know the pros and cons of each.

I know Sirius has the NFL and XM has MLB. I prefer baseball, so that gives XM the edge. Don't really care about Stern; not a big fan.

Thoughts?
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:38 pm

I have XM with my Trailblazer.....one of the best things I ever got. Never would have gotten it if GM didn't give you the 3 month trial on new purchases. Great idea on their part....got me hooked.

The baseball coverage is phenomenal. I drove to Florida last July, and got to listen to Hammy call Tribe games the whole drive down and back and also while down there. Great stuff. Also, of course, all the other games.

I don't know much about Sirius, but both XM and Sirius offer about the same as far as music channels go. The exclusive programming is the difference.....Stern....NFL....MLB....stuff like that.

My wife is getting a new car in the next week to 10 days with Volkswagen, and I believe Sirius is included as a 3-month trial.....so I can definitely compare the two and pass along any info if you like.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:56 pm

Thanks consig...appreciate it.

My father has Sirius, so I'm familar with their NFL programs, what sort of MLB programs (besides games) does XM have?

I assume the pricing of both systems is similar?
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:54 am

We've had Sirius for well over a year now, and I can't see doing without it.

Actually...I can see it...as I had to drive a rental for two weeks while my son's car was in the shop and he had mine...and it drove me nuts having to go back to listening to the normal dreck on the local stations.

We have it in three different vehicles, and still only pay $23 per month for everything.

The NFL is a biggie with me, but as far as the other stations, I'm not much for listening to talk radio...it's all about the music for me, and I've found Sirius to be superior to XM in that regard...but that's just my opinion based on my music tastes.

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 27, 2006 9:01 am

Recently went to Chicago for work, rented a car, it had Sirius. Twas my first experience with sattelite radio.

I liked it. Because I am a junkie for local AM radio sports talk, I will never purchase it, but it was cool to experience for 5-6 days.

I miss Stern. I was a huge Stern guy for years. I eventually got to a point where I could no longer listen in my office, and then stopped listening on the way in as well. This was a couple years ago.

The show is great on sattelite. I was jonsin for a good week after I dropped off the rental. Love Artie. The song they did about him and Dana breaking up to the "Desperado" music was hysterical.

I also loved the stand up comedy channels on Sirius. Eight sports stations. Music channels for anything you could fathom. Made the drives fly by.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture