Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Transformers: The NEW Movie

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:03 pm

Finally saw the movie this past week on vacation. Solid flick. I found some of it corny, but then again what special effects action flick is not? I also saw the new Die Hard movie and found just as much stuff where I rolled my eyes.

Good movie though. The only thing that had me rolling my eyes really was the scene of the kid going in his house for the glasses with the Autobots outside. I know it was supposed to be funny, but the whole scene was odd. Also, the whole young kid and hot chick angle was tough to watch....

Oh, and damn, sorry to see Jazz bite it. In fact, I was surprised so many transformers were killed off.

But, definitely the door is open for a sequel, which there are so many possibilities for.
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:04 am

Eh, it's essentially a comic book. They'll figure out a way to bring some, if not all of them back. Maybe not some of the lesser Decepticons, but definately Megatron, Starscream, and a couple others. I hope some of the other original Transformers make it into the sequel as well (Prowl, Cliffjumper, Huffer, etc). But no Dinobots. Those would be just too corny, even for an already corny idea.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:06 am

Megatron would have to return, and I don't recall Starscream biting it. One cool enemy would be the destructicons. The construction vehicles that make up one large robot Devastator. I always loved that one.....and maybe the Aerialbots as well.

Jetfire would be a nice addition to battle Starscream.
consigliere

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:28 am

Consigliere wrote:Megatron would have to return, and I don't recall Starscream biting it. One cool enemy would be the destructicons. The construction vehicles that make up one large robot Devastator. I always loved that one.....and maybe the Aerialbots as well.

Jetfire would be a nice addition to battle Starscream.

Except they called the tank Devastator. That pissed me off because it could prove to be a problem if they bring in the Constructicons and they've indicated that they will. Dinobots are rumored to be on the slate too.

They could bring Megatron back by introducing the Quintessons, Unicron, or both. Unicron threatening Earth could be pretty awesome and he was built by the Quintessons to destroy the universe so they could rebuild it the way they saw fit. Both had the power to resurrect destroyed or severely damaged Transformers.

It's sad that I know that much.

There were corny bits in the movie, but it was enjoyable over all. I thought the same about Live Free or Die Hard. Over the top but lots of fun. I'm a fan of the Die Hard films and felt this one did the series justice.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:54 am

The way you guys are talking about Starscream I am assuming you left as soon as the credits rolled.
After a few minutes they showed Starscream leaving Earth, I am assuming that was done to set up the sequel.

As far as the yard sequence, if they would cut out that 15 minutes, the movie would have been ever better, and I loved it.

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:40 am

Ah. I just assumed Starscream bit it because I didn't see him again. Interesting.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:50 am

I left right away the 1st time and someone I know mentioned to stay a few minutes after so I did the 2nd time around.

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:57 am

Yeah, I left right when the credits started rolling. I was there with a large horde of family, and my father was ranting of how stupid the movie was (he is a music/movie snob), so we got outta there quickly. :roll :roll:

And Mac, man, here I thought I knew a lot about the Transformers. Dork. :mrgreen:
consigliere

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:33 am

Consigliere wrote:Yeah, I left right when the credits started rolling. I was there with a large horde of family, and my father was ranting of how stupid the movie was (he is a music/movie snob), so we got outta there quickly. :roll :roll:

And Mac, man, here I thought I knew a lot about the Transformers. Dork. :mrgreen:

I'm the uber dork for this. After the movie I downloaded all the Transformers episodes of Xtorrent and have been slowly working my way through them. There are 98 episodes from the original run. I thought there were a lot less until I started looking for them.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture