Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

The Apprentice

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

The Apprentice

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:00 pm

Anyone?

Guilty pleasure here. I watch very few shows on TV, but this is one of the ones I've loved from the get go. Trump is so egotistical, I can't help it ... I love the guy. He cracks me up.

New season started tonight, out in LA. Off to an interesting start.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:30 pm

I've watched every season of the Apprentice.....but, looks like it might be on its last legs. Still interesting, but I always thought one of its appeals was being in NYC. LA bores me. LA is Hollywood, not big business.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:55 pm

I've watched every season of the Apprentice.....but, looks like it might be on its last legs. Still interesting, but I always thought one of its appeals was being in NYC. LA bores me. LA is Hollywood, not big business.

Its a tough decision. Keep the setting and format the exact same, and run the risk of the show getting stale. Make changes like they did this season, and risk jumping thre shark.

I tend to agree with you though. I was a little disappointed when I heard it was in LA. Hard to tell much from the first episode. Not sure how much I'm liking the whole "Tent City" thing, though it will have the teams even more inspired than usual to win challenges.

Trumps daughter appears OK as the replacement for Carolyn, who he recently canned after fame got to her head. Not sure how much I like the decision to replace George in the other chair with the winning project manager from the other team. I liked George. Also liked Bill, the first winner, when he filled in for him. This new method will help give Trump more insight and info on these people that fill the other chair. Trump never listened to him anyway.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:08 am

I actually like the new twist where the winning PM gets to sit in on the boardroom and be Trumps righthand-man. I'm curious how the other change where the winning PM stays the PM until they lose. If someone rolls to 3-4 wins in a row, it will be hard to fire that person.

The tent city thing is a little over the top.....but anyway, I was pleasantly surprised with the first episode. I always love it when these "smart" people makes asses of themselves on TV. Can't wait to see who the new asses are this year (Martin was one, but he's gone).
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture