Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Rome

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Rome

Unread postby OkiBrown » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm

Not sure if anyone saw this or not, but the HBO series Rome has decided to add another year. Production will begin this year, with the shows not airing until 2007.

http://www.hbo.com/rome/news/

Obviously we know that it will pick up after Caesar's murder. Any thoughts on where exactly it will pick up?
OkiBrown

Unread postby comish » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:21 pm

Well History would dictate that they follow Mark Anthony as he hunts down all of the conspirators...that would be my bet.
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:05 pm

The next season should be easy to figure out as far as the plot lines go for the historical components.

Mark Anthony tracks down and kills Brutus, Cassius, and the rest of the conspirators after the moving speach at Ceasar's funeral.

Like Ceasar and Pompey, Octavian and Anthony will share power for awhile, albiet uneasily. However, I expect that the producers will totally ignore the third part of the Second Triumvirate, Lepidus, just as they ignored Crassus as part of the First Triumvirate with Ceasar and Pompey.

After the conspirators are gone, the second half of the season will probably involve the growing friction between Octavian and Anthony, including Anthony's involvement with Cleopatra, ending in the final battles that culminate with Octavian becoming the first Emperor Augustus.

As far as pure speculation on the rest...I'm sure Lucius Vorenus will be surly as hell for most of the season after Niobe's suicide...but he'll probably get a love interest at some point as he serves Octavian. Pullo will continue to be Pullo, hopefully. And I'm sure it will be fun watching Atia devise some nasty form of revenge upon Brutus' mother Servia.

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:27 pm

Great post Mitch. You've got me fired up.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:18 am

comish wrote:Well History would dictate that they follow Mark Anthony as he hunts down all of the conspirators...that would be my bet.

Gee, fitting you like this show. You would make a good Brutus. Backstabber.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture