Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

24- Season Six

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:00 pm

The more I think about it, the more that I think Assad will be back, and play a large role down the stretch ... as a good guy.

Think about it, "24" catches alot of heat for having so many Arab bad guy recently. I'm saying that Assad in a peace broker role is the producers trump card against further heat from the Arab community.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:56 pm

Good point, Rich.

May also be why they made the whole Walid plotline with the detainees really not being terrorists, hence PalmerLite not going for Biscuit's plans.

You get a few Islamofascists like Fayed being bad, but then again you can always count on the Evil CEO or the dereanged Russian to be the real baddie...types that never seem to get the PC crowd upset.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:13 pm

In the history of 24, only in Season 4 was there really an enemy of Arabic decent.....Marwan, who was supposedly Turkish, no? In season 1, it was the Russian (Drazen's)...in Season 2 it started as someone with Arabic ties, but the true baddy that year turned out to be the oil tycoons (the guy that plays the baddy in Saw).....in Season 3, it was the Columbians the first half and then a whacked British guy the second half....Season 4 is noted above....and Season 5 was the Bluetooth Guy and his crew along with Pres Logan as well as the Russians.

If anything, the Russians should be pissed, as if this Gredenko thing comes to fruition, it would mean the Russians are the main baddy in Season 1, 5, and 6, which is half of 24's seasons.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Guest » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:15 am

If I'm not mistaken, Dennis Hopper's character (Drazen) was Serbian, not Russian. He was supposed to be a Milosovic type character and Jack's unit took out Drazen's wife and daughter in an attack they thought also got Drazen back in the Bosnian War.

But yeah...it's like the movie they made of Clancy's Sum of All Fears. In the book, the bad guys were Arab radicals, but even after 9/11, the producers went all PC and put the blame on neo-Nazis.

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:47 am

You are right Mitch about Hopper and the Drazen's. The accent and all that had me recalling he was Russian. In any case, aside from the first half of Season 2 and all of Season 4, the baddy every year usually has been widespread. I think the only terrorism group that hasn't been used to date are the Irish baddies (IRA) a la Patriot Games.
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:02 pm

Now those were a couple of quality episodes.

Who is Reed's secret bad guy on the inside pupeteering the "removal" of President Palmer??

Mitch?

I have no interest in waiting till Wends night. :lol:
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:05 am

I think the inside guy will be a noobie...UNLESS it's President Logan.

Gredenko won't last until the last episode...that's for certain now. Neither will Daddy-asshole when Jack finds out next week about his threat to Josh.

Major revisions to the Life Expectancy list on Wednesday.

Early preview of the article...I'm thinking Reed's peeps try to take out Wayne, and put the blame on Assad.

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:09 am

Ok, we all knew McCarthy and his dumb blonde would be killed off quickly, although that was a twist I didn't see coming where she whacked her sugar daddy.

That Morris torture scene was great. The drill scene was great where Milo got it in the shoulder....almost reminded me of the Scarface chainsaw scene, but PG rated.

Can't wait till next week. Jack might finally totally lose it after he learns of his father. And, I am calling it now, Assad saves the day and somehow becomes Palmer's knight in shining armor by helping him steer clear of the baddies in the government trying to overthrow him. I didn't catch it, but are they talking assasination? Or, some other type of removal? I'm thinking a political twist for the show would be to have Assad save the President, whether it be from his own people from throwing him out, or some plot to kill the pres.
consigliere

Unread postby Dozen » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:04 am

Anyone see Josh being a future villan?
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby docstank » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:15 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you remember throughout last season there was some underground group strongly controlling the last president. Could this be some group strongly controlling government with strategically placed agents throughout our government. If so this could be headed up by Jack's father. The question is what would be there ultimate goal? To perminently alter the way our government is run? A hostile takeover of some sort?
I am jumping the shark a bit, but you know in the end all good shows do.
stank

This is actually looking like a possibility as things are playing out although some of this theory are still quite a longshot.
stank
docstank

Unread postby Guest » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:48 pm

I see Josh being Jack's son

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:52 pm

He still may be Jack's son, but I have doubts now. Especially after Jack and Marilyn's talk how they dated or were together in some capacity 20 years ago before he joined the military. There is no way that kid is 20 or even close to it. The possibility exists that Marilyn and Jack had an affair some 13-15 years ago, maybe back when Jack was banging Nina when Terry'Jack had problems (Season 1).

But, i have serious doubts on it now.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Mitch, as always, great recap this week. And thanks for the love. :P :-P :razz:

McCarthy happens to find a 2006 Dodge Ram truck with a GPS parked amongst the Tempos, K-cars, and Sunbirds (left there by the same people who left the GPS in the POS Ford Jack found in the second episode), and after getting directions from Fayed, he’s on the way to his Just Reward.

Man, am I dense. I didn't even notice this about the GPS in the truck until you mentioned it. Great catch. Obviously, it looks like the show producers are using in-show advertising here and some sort of vehicle GPS deal just has to be in place.

Phillip’s not long for this world, as Jack finds out next week that Dad is responsible for a boat load of bad. With fifteen hours to go and Jack is twenty kinds of pissed off...nope, Ole Phil will end up on the slab next to his bald son very soon.

You know, I feel that his dad will be taking a dirt nap too very soon.....but for some reason, I see him escaping this mess alive and being used in a potential recurring role (next season? movie?).

My Bold Prediction? Ex-President Logan is the man pulling the strings behind the coup attempt.

Knowing he is set to return later in the year.....you may be right and that is a great point. Did we ever find out why Logan was tied to the "Blue Conspiracy Man Group" (love that name) last year? Maybe we find out this year, and Logan is being used like a puppet again to use his influence somehow, even behind bars or wherever he is. I'm with you though, please, keep him the slimy a-hole he is and don't give him a chance to repent! Loved him last year in that role.

1. Nadia. The fact that they are glossing over her right now makes me even more sure that she’ll turn out on Fayed’s side.

Yep. Since like episode 2 I have felt she would have a play in this somehow....still do. That little 3 minute scene of Milo giving her his access codes is going to crop back up somehow, and I bet it is with Nadia being the bad agent. It has to.

By the way, I just realized we saw no Sandra Palmer or Walid these past two hours. Thank God. Although, I don't think they are gone for good....

7. Agent Pearce. I said I was running out of people. Where is he, anyway? He’s the only one besides Jack to appear in every single season, and I’ll be pissed if he doesn’t show up at some point.

I read somewhere where he supposedly would be back. Maybe he is part of the security detail watching over Logan, and he'll return when Logan returns. Who knows.

Morris – 8 more hours. We still haven’t seen the obligatory attack on CTU. Since Morris is beside himself with guilt, I see him pulling a Lynn McGill and redeeming himself by sacrificing his life to save Chloe. Chance of living through the day? 25%

Dude. I think you are spot on here. They are setting up Morris for the Lynn McGill Treatment.....someone who fed up because they were a puss, then a moment comes up again to step up in a great time of need and he then makes ammends (with his life). Possibly the mole (Nadia) at CTU taking Chloe hostage or something, and Morris gives his life to save here? Very plausible. Especially with how much they have focused on Morris and Chloe's relationship.

Fayed – 14 hours. I’m completely changing my mind on this one. He remains the main homicidal maniac and doesn’t die until the next to last episode, so they can concentrate on the traitors for the final show. Chance of living through the day? 0%

I think Fayed and Gredenko both buy it in the next 2-4 episodes....and then the real threat is exposed (the leader of the Blue Conspiracy Man Group?).

Audrey Rains – 14 hours, 50 minutes. Marilyn Bauer takes out her rival in the last few minutes.

I swear I read somewhere before the season started she was captured by the Chinese when she went searching for Jack.....probably a bogus rumor, but I could see the Chinese situation cropping back up since the Chinese Dude made it a point Bauer did not talk and they didn't get what they wanted from him.....so maybe they go the slimeball route and use Audrey as leverage. Probably not likely, but just mentioning it.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:07 pm

Thought this was interesting from TV Guide.com (11/22/06) in light of Mitch's comments about Jack never eating, drinking, sleeping or going to the bathroom:

TVGuide.com: Just find 15 minutes somewhere for him to shave!
Raver: We did a really funny gag reel last year where he was running off to the bathroom and getting something to drink, all the things the fans ask about. "When does he sleep? When does he eat?"

TVGuide.com: Kiefer once told me that he's always trying to sneak in a bite of food for Jack or...
Raver: A glass of water, yeah, but they cut it out. They don't like it! [Laughs]

This one makes me wonder if the whole "searching for Jack but taken hostage" angle may have some legs:

TVGuide.com: Will Audrey known where Jack has been this whole time?
Raver: She's searching.... She's been searching for him this entire time. I can't tell you whether she finds him or not.

This one too on Morris:

— Carlo Rota, who plays Chloe's ex-husband, revealed, "I'm back in a rather large way. They’ve written a fantastic story arc for Morris. I couldn't be more thrilled the way in which they've developed this character." As for leading lady Mary Lynn Rajskub, he smiles, "It's so easy to have chemistry with her."

Story arc, eh? Looks like they indeed are setting up Morris for some sort of redemption.
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:37 pm

LOL ... classic! From Mitch's recap this week:

Jack adds two to the Death Count, and captures Hacker, the leader. He then gets to rough up Marilyn a bit as he takes her by the throat to demand to know why she set them up. “It’s your father. He killed Graem, and he’s threatening to kill Josh.” Oof. There’s a nice little blow to the solar plexus. Not quite the Freudian zinger Luke got from Darth Vader, but pretty devastating nonetheless. Jack gets the actual Gredenko address from Marilyn, and calls Bill to request another TAC team to go take care of him...Jack’s got other things to do. “How could I have been so stupid?”, Jack asks himself. I didn’t know if he was talking about not figuring out that Daddy was scum, or about accepting that role in “The Sentinel”.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:19 pm

Chloe asks him if he needs to “talk to his sponsor”. Really? First time we’ve heard that Morris has a little problem with the bottle, but frankly it doesn’t surprise me. The only way I could handle being married to Chloe would be by drinking profusely.

Nice!

You know, back in Season 3 when she debuted, Chloe annoyed the hell out of me and was odd (duh!). But, by the middle of Season 4, I loved her and her character. Maybe I've been doing a lot of drinking myself....

But curses!, the ex-Mr. Hillary Swank has overheard Biscuit’s hushed phone conversation through a really thick metal door. And evidently the debating rules of the Super Secret High Voltage Clubhouse dictates that he who yields the bigger flashlight to his opponent’s head wins.

I didn't see Lennox trying to save face and make things right, so that was an interesting twist. But, what I did see coming was after he walked out that door he was about to get clocked by Reed Wilkes Boothe (nice). Although, that was a great flashlight whipping. Felt that one through the TV.

Back at CTU, Chloe busts Morris for his drinking, and they share some intimate conversations about how much Morris still cares for Chloe that I didn’t stick around to hear because I figured that was a great time to run to the fridge for another beer. Milo also smells the booze on Morris’ breath a little later, and confronts Chloe about it. I was hoping she’d grab a cane and whack him on his wound, but she just told him to STFU as she “knew” that Morris “didn’t metabolize” the alcohol.

I'm telling you, they are setting up Morris' story arc in a way like you mentioned they did with Lynn McGill last year. A guy who comes off a bit surly who makes a major screw up who makes ammends for it later with his life. And, considering how much they have spent on the Chloe-Morris relationship from the past and how he messed things up, I'm thinking he makes up for all of it somewhere down the line by giving his life to save her.

The phone rings, and it’s the man who makes Ken Lay look like a philanthropist, telling them to look across the street to where he is posed in a lovely family portrait titled “Gramps Holding Glock to maybe-jack-bauer-junior’s Head”. Evidently he’s not a bit surprised that Jack is still alive, and he agrees to a swap.

I was sort of irked by this "swap." I mean, having a young kid as hostage is much more valuable than Jack Bauer, no? You know, the same Jack Bauer the country has no problems sacrificing time and time again? But.....

But looks like Jack was able to save himself by boring Phillip so damn much that he just ran away...leaving Jack a cell phone with a text message on it to call a number.

Which turns out to be ex-Prez Logan’s number...and he wants to help Jack find Gredenko.

Apparently, it was all part of the plan to get Jack in touch with the former ex-Prez I guess.

#2 Assad saves Wayne. Reed Wilkes Boothe is caught, and the focus shifts from the Arab bad guys (other than Fayed) to the Russians and the Blue Conspiracy Man Group with Assad helping out Wayne

#3 Assad dies saving Wayne. Muslim outrage ensues. Right now, this is my guess for most likely to happen.

I say a combo of these two happen. Mostly #3 happens with Assad dying after he saves Wayne. But, after that Lennox gets word out about Reed Wilkes Boothe and his connections to the BMCG....and one of the main story shifts for the second half of the season is finding this group and dismantling it.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:10 am

Hey, was thinking.....

What if the Blue Man Conspiracy Group (BMCG) is who Nina was working for? Or, the Russian group that Gredenko is heading? Probably not the Russians, but the BMCG has already had ties into Season 5.....who knows if they end up being behind a lot of the previous seasons. We never found out who Nina was working for all those years. She appeared to have no specific group she worked for, but what if the buyer she was working for in Season 3 was the BMCG?

Just thinking out loud.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:19 am

Interesting theory.

And I don't think we ever learned who Mandy was working for (she still hasn't been caught). She was part of that whole conspiracy to kill David Palmer when he was running for president, and that was under the orders of Drazen...but she later was the one who shook Palmer's hand at the end of season 2 (?) and poisoned him.

The never really explained who was behind that one.

Unread postby swerb » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:47 am

That was a great ending to that season. And I totally forgot about her.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:57 am

Ah, yes. I forgot about Mandy. Maybe Mandy and Nina are somehow tied to the org that was pulling the strings in Seasons 2 and 3. Dunno.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:02 pm

Interesting show this past week. Looks like Assad is definitely dead, but I believe Wayne will survive. I'm with Mitch though, as I am having a hard time accepting the fact that we now will have a temp VP takeover in three of the six 24 seasons. I hope their reasoning for this is explained better as this season progresses.

Also, if the nukes are to be launched in two more hours, it looks like we just may get finality to the Gredenko storyline with the nukes by the end of hour 13 (episodes from now). My guess, Jack gets the info needed from the Russian consulate next episode, and then the next episode intercepts the nukes. And, then, the real threat is revealed.

Something drastis is going to change in the next 2-3 hours....I can't see this Gredenko/Fayed/nukes thing going much longer.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:15 pm

Just saw a preview for Episode 13 in TV Guide:

Mike Doyle (Rick Schroder) joins CTU as head of Field Ops, just in time to oversee a crucial mission. Meanwhile, Jack has information CTU needs and no way to get it there, and Charles and Martha Logan have a tense reunion.

So, looks like Martha Logan returns to the cast in two weeks, as well as the debut of Rick Schroeder's character.

Saw somewhere, and this may be bunk, that Aaron Pierce and Martha are married now.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:31 am

Wow. That's what we have been missing for a few weeks. Great episode tonight. Cy Tolliver is great. And, looks like we finally see the return of Martha Logan and Aaron Pierce next week, as well as Rick Schroders character.
consigliere

Unread postby pup » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:09 am

Reminder to myself:

If Jack ever asks me to take on a secret mission and call CTU, make the call on my cell phone from the room I am in, with Jack, not in a deserted hallway.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:44 pm

Okay...WTF?

Um, what happened to the cliffhanger from last episode....you know, the one where Logan flatlined? Interesting how that whole side of the storyline was totally absent tonight. Makes me think that without going back to it, Logan will survive.

Dammit. Looks like Nadia is not the mole....and Milo sure is playing it and making it look like he isn't either. Could it be Morris or Chloe? no way. I'm with Mitch in that it is probably someone not shown or mentioned, some unknown CTU operative.

And, Audrey is NOT dead. Un uh. No way. Looks like the final 5-6 episodes will be centered around some way Jack saves her. Question is, who has her captive? Do the Chinese get involved again? Or, is she Fayed's insurance policy? Did the Blue Man Conspiracy Group kidnap her and stage her death? We have yet to find out who these guys are....

Lots of loose ends still out there. Is Logan alive? What about Jack's father, how does he figure into the rest of this? Marilyn? Audrey? Who is the mole? Is someone gonna go Al Swearangen on Cy Tolliver Daniels and bust a bottle of whiskey over his head and beat the living shit outta him?

Gotta admit, Boothe plays a fucking great asshole. Amazing how some people were born to be pricks in movies and TV shows.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:04 am

Couldn't agree with you more, Tony.

Way, way, way too many questions right now, and the only thing for certain is that Nadia is NOT the mole and Audrey is NOT dead.

Shit...I gotta come up with a write-up for this AND get down to Charlotte tomorrow night for the Cavs-Bobcats game...I think I'll have my wife drive down while I'm typing on the laptop.

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:29 pm

Milo is the mole. With Chloe as a wild card possibility.

Audrey is clearly still alive, and she'll likely be used as some kind of bait or insurance policy. I still think it will be revealed that Marilyns kid is really Jacks son, setting up some sort of conflict once Audrey reenters the picture, possibly with Jacks old man who is still out there.

Logan not being in the storyline means hes alive, and will also reenter the picture at some point. Likely tied in with Jacks dad, who initially hooked Jack up with him.

And yes ... Boothe plays an epic asshole.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:05 pm

Has there ever been a movie or TV show when Boothe wasn't a POS asshole? Without checking IMDB, the only one that comes to mind is his role as Brandon Lee's cop buddy in Rapid Fire.
consigliere

Unread postby docstank » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:25 am

I had a vision yesterday, BILL BUCHANAN is the mole!!
My vision , of course, was spawned by the fact that he is the only MF'er nobody has mentioned on this board. That sounds like a lock in the world of 24.
docstank

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:13 am

What about Mike Doyle? As soon as he arrives, everything in CTU goes to hell. And, he supposedly has something big that happened in Denver that may make him resent the government. Just thinking out loud. Saw an interview with Schroder with Muss on Fox 8 on Monday night, and Schroder says he doesn't know what the "event" in Denver was, but that is was supposed to be pretty huge.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:40 am

Doyle?
Not bad of a thought. He one the one to point out whose system to check.
It can't be Buchanan, I don't think.
I can't see it being Milo either.
I thought it would be the hot chick but it was too obvious.

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:14 pm

Some additional thoughts in addition to Mitch's recap:

- I almost cringed when the first reports were the bomb was heading for downtown LA. That would have been terrorist attack number 1,255,678,345,333 on LA and none against the rest of the country in 24's history. At least they changed it up some by saying SF was about to get nuked. They saved some face there with me....

- On Audrey. I have a hunch she is in LA somewhere. Her and Jack will undoudtedly be re-united somehow, and I see no way she is still in China (even in 24-world they can't explain how Jack can get to China in 5-6 hours). I have a hunch she is stashed away in LA (of course) somewhere. Maybe Doyle has her gagged and tied up and has been beating the crap out of her getting his rocks off...who knows. Maybe Fayed has her hostage as insurance, or Gredenko (I believe this is the case for one of them). Maybe the Blue Man Group has her, you know, the ones Jack's Brother was heading up it seems. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some connection to Jack's brother-Audrey-Marilyn. I think Marilyn may be more involved than we think.

- On the Daniels-nuke-Wayne Palmer storyline.....I have a hunch this may not play out like we think it will. I can't see Wayne saving the day AND surviving. I just see no way they allow an acting President to die on TV, so Wayne survives being woken up from a coma, but I have a feeling that the retalitory nuke Daniels sets off does indeed go off somewhere or causes all sorts of problems overseas where countries start scrambling and treat it is an act of war from the US. Who knows. I just can't see Palmer getting whacked. Logan maybe, but not Palmer while in office.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:45 am

Potential Spoiler regarding Audrey and the Chinese here.....look away if not interested. The blanked out parts are in white, so you should not be able to see unless you scroll over and highlight the text. You can still see somewhat without highlighting, but I figured this to be the best way to hide a spoiler. Unsure how valid, but forwarding along:

Cheng wants jack to get the detonation chip from one of the 2 nukes which would allow the chinese to "decrypt certain codes the Russians have successfully kept us from breaking". Jack realizes the russians would know the us gave them it and would start a war with them. Anyway, with the help of Chloe, jack does his thing again and takes out 3 CTU agents gaurding the 2 nukes. meanwhile morris finds out whats happening, forcing chloe to tell bill whats happening too. Doyle and ctu agents capture jack. Jack calls Wayne and tells him that the chip will never get to the chinese. Wayne gives jack permission to be freed and have help get audrey back.

Only wayne and jack know, that the way jack is ensuring the safety of the chip is for jack to blow himself up with c4 blowing up the chinese and the chip after audrey is safe.

Jack puts some c4 on him, and doyle is driving him off (i didn't see anywhere where they were heading, must of missed something).

So then wayne gives a press conference about securing the nukes, but in the weak state that he is, he collapses again and is unconcious. Noah daniels becomes president once again, and orders jacks arrest not knowing what wayne knows.

Bill calls doyle and tells him a plan to arrest jack. But jack, being jack bauer and all, knows something is up and secures doyle and gets away.

This is the second covrsation of Jack and Cheng

Jack: let me talk to audrey
Cheng: You've already spoken to her
Jack: i want to know that she's all right
Cheng: her well-being is entirely up to you, mr bauer. if you tell anyone that she is alive, or of our conversation, we will kill her.
Jack: You staged her car accident. Led my government to believe she was dead.
Cheng: everyone had given up on you, mr bauer. everyone, except Ms. raines. Over the objections of your government, her family, and her friends, she came to china, just to find you. Since you proved to be a distinctly uncooperative prisoner, we felt she was an asset we might be able to exploit one day. That day is here.
Jack: what do you want
Cheng: at this moment, ctu is securing the tactical nuclear eapons you've just captured
Jack: your government already has nuclear weapons, more advanced than these
Cheng: we are not interested in the weapons, mr. bauer. What we want is a component from the triggering mechanism. The fb sub circuit board.
Jack: why?
Cheng: it contains an algorithm, one that will enable us to decrypt certain codes the Russians have successfully kept us from breaking. My superiors have agreed to exchange Ms. raines for the component.
Jack: the russians will know it came from us. It could start a war
Cheng: whatever diplomatic crisis it might create will be contained easily enough.
Jack: the nuclear weapons are under military control. even if i want to, i cant get near them
Cheng: you'll find a way, mr bauer
Jack: all right, but only if you let me talk to audrey. right now.
cheng: very well....Speak to him
audrey: jack?
Jack: aurey, are you all right, did they hurt you
audrey: no i'm fine. jack i'm so sorry
jack: its going to be okay
audrey: i know they're using me to force you to do something. but i'm begging you, don't let them.
jack:audrey, i'm handling it
audrey: what do they want
jack: its not important. all that matters is that you're alive. and that i'm hearing your voice again. just know that i'm going to get you back. and know that i love you.
audrey: i love you, too, jack.
cheng: you have one hour to call me on this number when you're ready to make the exchange, mr bauer. ms raines and i will both be waiting
jack: cheng, listen to me
click

Cheng: you've been on a long and difficult journey, ms rains. Hopefully your persistence will be rewarded soon.

Thats all cheng says in the episode.
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:35 am

Classic:

But what is he going to do about that pesky isotope? Apparently nothing, as Jack sees that he’s not moving, so he bursts into the room to find...no one. Just an axe...and some Bud Light. Oh, yeah, and Gredenko’s left forearm.

Now I’m no doctor, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, and they showed a movie there where someone getting an arm hacked off was portrayed as horrific physical trauma, and it things weren’t taken care of immediately, the victim would bleed to death in a matter of minutes. But maybe all the vodka makes Gredenko a much tougher hombre, as he’s showing less pain than you’d see from an average baseball player who’s just taken a 75 mph curve ball to the ass.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:16 pm

Anyone else completely lost with this season right now? The storyline is all over the place. Not one of the better seasons if you ask me.....maybe the worst to date. Hopefully these last 8 hours save it, because the middle 8 hours have been terrible, IMO.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:25 pm

I'm with you on that.

And I think it's no coincidence that during this period when it's been weaker, you've seen only about 10 - 15 minutes of Keifer a week.

Also, got a little news from the official Fox site. I sometimes go there to the episode summaries to double check my facts, but I must have overlooked this one; they come right out and say on the web site that Gredenko dropped dead.

Unread postby Guest » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:13 pm

I agree about this season being all over the place and below standards.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:20 am

Looking forward to Mitch's recap tonight.

Now that the nuke/Fayed/Gredenko story-arc is over, hopefully things pick up now and order is restored to the writing as the new threat is Cheng and the Chinese, and saving Audrey.

Gotta say, that final 10 minutes was awesome though. The old Jack is back. I though "no way" is he taking them all on.....and he did, and it was sort of believable. That was intense, and one of the best 10 minute sequences in 24 history. Also, had to replay the part where Jack drops the guard with a shot to the leg and then he snaps the guys neck like 5 times. Great stuff.

Oh, and I thought the Wayne Palmer twist was good at least in the sense I never saw THAT coming. I thought at the end of the previous week, he had lost all sense of reason, or that those adreneline shots were affecting his judgement and making him agressive.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:52 pm

From the same source that had the Chinese thing nailed that I listed above (in white text).....apparently, we are in for a huge shocking return at the end of the show. Since this has really nothing to do with the plot, and says nothing about how this current season plays out, I will copy it without a spoiler reference. Would be fun to sepculate who the mystery person would be.

Final scene and lines of the season:

________: Get in, Jack. There's a lot I have to tell you.

Jack, still struggling to get past the shock of who he's seeing, climbs in the passenger side as ______ gets behind the wheel. As the car peels out, we... FADE OUT

Thoughts? The only person I can think of is it being Tony. I remember when Chris Henderson stuck him last year with that lethal needle, but I recall his death being sort of a mystery. No real confirmation of it. Or, could the person be none other than Mandy? I can't think of any other recurring character from the past it could be. We know David Palmer, Nina, Sherry Palmer, Terry Bauer, Michelle Dessler, and Edgar are dead for sure.

Maybe Kim? But, it looks like it is Bauer being suprised that someone he thought dead is alive.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:20 pm

Nice recap Mitch....

Hoo-rahh! I was so friggin’ pumped up after all that manliness that I crushed an empty beer can on my head, farted, scratched myself, and dared anyone to say anything. No one did…as I was alone in the living room with my dog…but he did look at me like I was either a bastion of manly man-ism…or a raving lunatic. I often confuse those two looks from him.

I’m not the only one impressed, as Doyle shows up a minute later, takes a look around at the carnage, and says the only thing that can be said: “DAMN, Jack!”

Right on.

The last 10-15 minutes were arguably the most intense ever in 24 history. Keifer is just a hell of an actor, and the Bauer role is his Holy Grail as far as characters go. The emotion he portrays and the way he tells it in the acting is amazing. Bauer might be one of my favorite all-time TV characters, and not because he kicks ass, but because of how Keifer portrays him and the way they have developed his character.

Just an awesome ending to that storyline. Now, onto TCBs!
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:53 pm

Consigliere wrote:Thoughts? The only person I can think of is it being Tony. I remember when Chris Henderson stuck him last year with that lethal needle, but I recall his death being sort of a mystery.

Tony is a good guess.

From this season, I might also guess either his father or Charles Logan.

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:06 pm

An update to the final scene of the season......if you don't want to read, I suggest you avoid this post.....

Doyle, Jack, and Josh arrive at CTU. Nadia tells them that divers found fragments of the circuit board. Josh and Jack go to see Marilyn. Josh and his mom talk. Jack tells Josh to be checked out in medical.

Marilyn says it its possible, she would like to pick up where they left off in the past. She is about to tell Jack who Josh's real father is, but Jack tells her he already knows. It wasn't exactly rape. She says she can't explain it, but he didn't force himself on her. Jack says no need to explain and that it will take a long time before he can try again with anyone. She says except with Audrey? Jack looks away. She says however long it takes, she'll be waiting. (I don't know Audrey's fate, that's all I have on her)

Doyle and Nadia are talking. Doyle says he's interested in going out with her, and she agrees. Nadia says "There's something I have to do, first. Milo left a mother and a younger sister... They haven't been told yet. I thought I'd do it in person. It's the least I can do..." Milo...Dies? Then text says that "Milo's ghost prevents a kiss for now, but their eyes affirm their growing attraction."

Morris and Chloe are talking about the baby and see Jack walk by and tell him the good news. Morris asks for advice on parenthood, and Jack replies with "Don't be afraid to let it change you." Jack walks over to the next medical room and talks to Bill.

Bill asks Jack what he's going to do from here. Jack says he's not sure, but whatever it is, it wont be at CTU. Karen calls Bill and Jack gives him his privacy.

Now Jack is walking through CTU. The show wants to point out Jack seeing everyone being together. Chloe is with Morris. Doyle is with Nadia. Buchanan is on the phone with Karen. But Jack is all alone. Jack walks outside. We watch him walk down the street and down an alleyway.

Jack hears a gun being chambered and freezes. Then someone says "Step into the alley. Slowly. Keep your hands behind your head. Turn around, very slowly." Jack turns around, and registers pure shock as the script says.
The person lowers HIS gun and smiles a little. There is a car parked next to him. The person says "Get in, Jack. There's a lot I have to tell you." Jack gets in and the car peels out.

End of season.

My thoughts?

Well, looks like Milo and possibly Audrey bite the dust. And, Josh's father as a result of some rape? And, I think the red herring for the final person being Tony will not come to pass.....it willl be Logan. Only way to explain his absence since like 6 hours ago.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Tue May 01, 2007 11:12 am

Ok, I missed who this dude is that the Ice Princess Lisa is sleeping with that is supposedly working with the Russians. I didn't go back and watch again, and am sure Mitch will explain thoroughly in his recap on Wed....but anyone else know where the HELL this came from? Who is this guy? Is he part of the Blue Man Conspriacy Group? Who is the guy on the phone he is talking to? Why is he trying to screw the Russians?

Also, what is up with Cheng and TCBs?

Man, 4 hours left and I have no clue where things are going. Definitely an odd season.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Tue May 01, 2007 11:44 am

Oh, and stumbled upon some spoiler for Episode #22.....wow. Go here if you really want to see...

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/home-pa ... -5948.aspx
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 01, 2007 2:51 pm

Consigliere wrote:Ok, I missed who this dude is that the Ice Princess Lisa is sleeping with that is supposedly working with the Russians. I didn't go back and watch again, and am sure Mitch will explain thoroughly in his recap on Wed....but anyone else know where the HELL this came from? Who is this guy? Is he part of the Blue Man Conspriacy Group? Who is the guy on the phone he is talking to? Why is he trying to screw the Russians?

Also, what is up with Cheng and TCBs?

Man, 4 hours left and I have no clue where things are going. Definitely an odd season.

He's a sleazy lobbyist named Mark Bishop who was selling secrets to the Russians just to get some money. I'm sure he used the rest of the info he stole or received from Lisa to benefit his clients...like that doesn't go on already in Washington.

Cheng and the rest of the TCBs will be planning an attack on CTU, I think, as they decided to use the same tactic as Fayed and McCarthy did earlier on and go back and force Morris to do some more shit that Chloe will humiliate him about later.

After all, what's a season of "24" without at least one attack on CTU?

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 02, 2007 6:35 pm

If that “something” is not CTU in an attempt to capture Morris, Milo, or Chloe, then it will be the biggest shock in the entire history of the series.

Looks like Marilyn finally comes off the milk carton next week for another attempt to get into Jack’s pants. This will happen in the first twenty minutes, as they’ll need some filler while Lisa gets back with Bishop, Doyle finds the empty Bloomfield plant, and Cheng gets his TCB!!!® into position.

I haven't seen a spoiler on this yet, but what about Josh? With Marilyn in the previews, what if Josh is the target? We still have no resolution to him, and I still think he plays into the Jack-is-his-father bit.

I see no reason why TCBs would want Josh, but just throwing it out there. Maybe Josh is a connection Cheng intends to use to get Phillip Bauer out of hiding, since isn't Phillip in the know with that sort of technology?
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Mon May 07, 2007 10:16 pm

Sucks to be you Milo.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 9:58 am

Consigliere wrote:
I haven't seen a spoiler on this yet, but what about Josh? With Marilyn in the previews, what if Josh is the target? We still have no resolution to him, and I still think he plays into the Jack-is-his-father bit.

I see no reason why TCBs would want Josh, but just throwing it out there. Maybe Josh is a connection Cheng intends to use to get Phillip Bauer out of hiding, since isn't Phillip in the know with that sort of technology?

Damn....you're good.

Only difference is that it appears that Josh wasn't used to FORCE Phllip to cooperate, but a Phillip's price for doing business, getting the grandson that he had earlier threatened to kill out of the country with him.

And look forward to several comments from me regarding how this episode often played out as a rip-off of the first Die Hard. Especially the Chow-Hans Gruber guy calling for the guy in charge, and then shooting him in the head.

Unread postby consigliere » Tue May 08, 2007 11:21 am

Wow. I honestly had not seen a spoiler on that yet. Booyah.

I do have to wonder what Phillip Bauer's connection to his grandson in all this is as I find it extremely odd that he is going to such lengths to get him back. Is Phillips the father (LOL)?

Also, I now am almost 100% certain the person at the end Jack gets in the car with is Logan. Just like Phillip went MIA for awhile and suddenly re-appears, I see the same thing happening with Logan. Phillip and Logan are in cahoots with one another, so I am predicting Phillip bites it at some point and Logan is left to explain everything that plays into the next season/movie.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Tue May 08, 2007 11:24 am

Oh, and speaking of ripoffs. I thought last night's episode was very much like season 1. Remember Palmer's staff member chick who was banging Alexei Drazen? He was the 2nd sniper found in the middle of the season, and they later found out she was banging him, so had her go undercover and meet him when she lost it and stabbed him and killed him. Very much like the whole things last night as well.

And, man, CTU sure as hell is easy to break into. Entrance from a sewer line and blowing a grate to get in? Weak.
consigliere

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture