Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

24- Season Six

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Unread postby swerb » Tue May 08, 2007 11:54 am

CTU infiltrated? I can't believe it.

That place is easier to get into than Paris Hilton's pants ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 1:07 pm

Swerb wrote:That place is easier to get into than Paris Hilton's pants ...

That line is going to find its way into the recap.

Perfect.

Unread postby consigliere » Thu May 10, 2007 6:34 pm

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/24/24-p ... -6231.aspx

24 Producers Announce They Will Change the Formula
May 6, 2007

With ratings in decline, and fans suffering from plot vertigo, the doom sayers of the media have begun picking the carcass of the once indestructible 24. While I pretty much agree that, despite its intensely cinematic beginning, season six has kind of lost me, I'm willing to give 24 the benefit of the doubt. Yes, the main plot ended early and some, including producer David Fury, consider that a mistake, but let's face it, the idea that all global political / terrorist crises last exactly 24 hours tests the bounds of reason.

After six or seven seasons of that, you'd kind of have to start looking at the possibility that Jack Bauer is actually trapped in some holographic universe by alien puppet masters. Eventually, in his wisdom, Bauer sees the pattern and realizes that some force of intelligence is ruling over his "life" and begins tearing down the construct from within. Even this plot plays out, ironically, over exactly 24 hours.

The point being, 24 has become a cliche of itself. Jack Bauer killing friends, or family, has become an expectation anticipated with mockery. The parade of ludicrous deaths has become more of a low rent cabaret of cartoon violence. The character turns have become so telegraphed, they exemplify satire in the theater of the absurd.

And the season is varnished with missed opportunities. Morris having to deal with contributing to a second nuclear explosion would have made much more interesting grounds for character development than having him half heartedly teeter on the brink of 'falling off the wagon', particularly since his alcoholism is something we have no experience with.

But fear not, hope is on the way. Both Fury and Howard Gordon acknowledged, in separate interviews, that 24 was due for a complete remodeling. In a New York Times interview, Gordon went as far as to say "I don't dispute it's been a challenging season to write for us, but it's reinvigorated our determination to reinvent the show. This year could be seen to be the last iteration of it in its current state." A statement that defies the fact that the producers knew their formula's days - or hours - were numbered.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby consigliere » Fri May 11, 2007 10:17 pm

Man, the "person in the car" to end the season really intrigues me.

I see a few possibilities:

1. President Logan (50% chance) - Missing since around the midpoint of the season left flatlining with no idea what the hell happened to him. Him and Jack have a history, and I think Logan's ties with the Chinese-Audrey and all that may be the news he wants to share with Jack.

2. Mandy (40% chance) - Yep, I think she is the wildcard. In season 1 & 2 she played a part in assination attempts on Palmer, and could very well be one of The Blue Man Conspiracy Group's henchmen. Maybe she goes rogue, and wants to get in touch with Jack to explain everything? And, then Season 7 sort of centers around Jack hunting them down since they are the people responsible for ruining his life either directly or indirectly with people around him getting killed.

3. Tony (10% chance) - Would be cool as hell if it were him. I absolutely hated how they killed him off last season. Although, would be hard to explain him rising from the dead, although we never truly got confirmation he was dead last year. I am certain he is in fact dead, but this season with the way things are going, anything is possible.

I really can't see it being anyone else. Heck, maybe they bring back Behruz...;-)
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 16, 2007 6:33 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/1 ... index.html

'24' renewed for 2 more days
POSTED: 2:26 p.m. EDT, May 16, 2007

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- The clock on "24" will keep ticking for two more seasons.

Fox's unusually late renewal for the Emmy-winning thriller will allow Jack Bauer to keep saving the day through the 2008-09 season, which will be the series' eighth.

Series star Kiefer Sutherland already is locked to stay with the show through May 2009.

"We're re-creating the series," executive producer/showrunner Howard Gordon said. "It is going to be a real-time thriller. Beyond that, it's an open book."

"24," in which each episode spans an hour during the season-long day, has had a roller-coaster ride the past couple of seasons.

It earned rave reviews for Season 5, which was capped by five Emmys last year, including best drama series and a best actor trophy for Sutherland.

But during its current sixth season, "24" has drawn criticism from fans about losing some of its creative footing.

Gordon said he felt those assessments were "unfair." "On balance, it was a very successful season," he said.

The upcoming re-invention of the series was something the producers have talked about for a while, Gordon said.

Aside from Sutherland, "24" will return with a new cast (some old favorites might return in different roles) and a new, non-Los Angeles location, with the producers even contemplating telling the story from two locations.

"24" joins Fox's previously renewed series "House," "Prison Break," "Bones" and " 'Til Death" as well as the network's Sunday animated comedy block.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Mon May 21, 2007 10:30 pm

Wow.

This season blew chunks. What a shitty ending.

That was an awful wrapup to the whole day. Just awful.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 22, 2007 12:30 am

I will not be kind to this one.

Ya think I ripped "Shrek 3" apart? You ain't seen nothing yet.

Unread postby consigliere » Tue May 22, 2007 7:39 am

The ending was just awful. I was waiting for that mysterious person to arrive in the car.....but guess that was bunk afterall (or a late script change).

But the whole Jack/Audrey/Heller thing to end the show was awful. And WTF was that at the end with him standing over a cliff as the clock ran out? OH NO! Jack's gonna jump! Give me a break. The funny thing, is a few minutes later you get them talking about how 24 will be back in January 2008 with the best season yet. So, I guess Jack didn't jump. Whew! I was so nervous he would! :roll :roll:
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 23, 2007 6:39 pm

What Ever Happened To?

The Ice Princess Slutlisa , Sandra Palmer, Wayne Palmer, Walid, Marilyn's discussion with Jack, Charles Logan, Martha Logan, Agent Pearce, Mark Bishop, Reed Pollock, the Blue Man Conspiracy Group, Mrs. Suvarov, Gredenko's severed arm, CTU Agent Johnson, the Denver Report, the CTU stuffed shirt investigating the security breach, Mandy, the Ambassador to Fayedrabia, General Habib of Fayedrabia, the town that got nuked, the First Responders that got near the drone that went down in San Francisco and leaked radiation, Morris's MadDog 20/20 bottle (I could use a swig about now), and last but not least, Kim Bauer. If there was ever a season that could have benefited from her being on camera 20 minutes an episode showing off her cleavage in the same tight T-Shirt, it was this one.

I'm at a total loss what the hell the they did with such great characters like Aaron Pearce, Martha Logan and Charles Logan. One episode? And, left flatlining with no freaking idea what happened? Just bad writing.

Also, the "Denver Incident." And Agent Johnson. WTF happened to that plot device?

The CTU head that ripped Nadia a new one....guy does one scene and is never heard from again.

The Blue Man Conspiracy Group....we know Graehm and Reed Pollack and the other conspirator they snuck into the White House were a part of the Group....but WTF happened to them, and who is pulling the strings?

What about Marilyn and Josh? Geeze, I felt like we needed closure on that storyline.

Just an awful ending. I almost feel like the entire season was a waste and a complete mess.

Also, I'm willing to bet Phillip Bauer survived. Just a hunch. Never seen dying....the freaking boat he was trying to get on was RIGHT THERE and when Jack left him there was like 2 minutes to spare.....no reason he couldn't get on it and speed off. Which, makes me hate the ending even more how the Russians were "fine" with the facility being blown up and believing the component to be destroyed.
consigliere

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture