Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Christmas Movies

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Christmas Movies

Unread postby Naxos » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:49 pm

OK, I read this article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15938708/

and of course started thinking about what my favorite Christmas movies are and what I have missed that's out there.

OK, so I need some recommendation for the season. What do you guys like? What should I avoid? Let em fly.

I can honestly say that I think my Dad and I have watch "Christmas Vacation" every year for the last 10 or so. Love it.

I love some of the specials also like Rudolph and Charlie Brown. I sort of remember a Yogi the Bear one also. There are alot to list. Mabey I'll toss a couple up at a time as I remember more.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby swerb » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:07 pm

I'll tell you what, alot of people thought it was corny and stupid ... but I thought "Elf" with Will Ferrell was hysterical.

Also, "Christmas Vacation" is a classic.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:29 pm

Christmas Story is a must see every year just like Christmas Vacation is.
I also liked Elf, funny as hell.
Smurfs Christmas and the Pac-Man special are always on my list to see.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:17 pm

I felt "The Polar Express" was a masterpiece. If you have kids, it is such a great story for them to like, and I love it. Sort of an animated-like "It's A Wonderful Life" if you ask me.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Naxos » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:28 pm

Wil Ferral is some times funny, some times annoying, and some time he down right scares me in his movies. Elf was one of those (Ancor man the other).

I have known Polar Express has been out for a bit but no one had yet to step up and recommend it so I haven't rented it yet. I might have to give it a shot now. Thanks.

Some new ones that have popped into my head:

The Grinch in both forms.
Bad(er) Santa

Saw a preview the other day for a X-Mas movie for next year. Think it was called the Other Claus or something like that. About Santa and his brother, who is Vince Vaugn. Looks funny.
Naxos

Unread postby Naxos » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:06 am

I watched The Polar Express last night with the wife. While it had entertainment value it did not grab me like a lot of Christmas movies do.

Might have had something to do with me watching it while falling asleep. Might have been that while I don't mind Tom Hanks voice, from mabey one character, I definetly do not enjoy it enough to hear it coming from everyone else in the movie.

Though I did like the bell part at the end.
Naxos

Unread postby yogi » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:28 am

Polar Express can be one of those movies you like better the more times you see it.

Watch it again next year. Watch it with kids too!

A Christmas favorite of mine is "Holiday Inn". Its the first time Bing sings White Christmas, plus you get to watch Fred Astaire dance. I always enjoy this movie.

Here's an odd one for you.....anyone like "Emmitt Otter and the Jug Band Christmas"? My wife loves it and it's another family tradition.
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:17 pm

Yeah, I've probably seen Polar Express like 50 times by now. My son absolutely loves it. I saw it in the theaters and loved it.....but loved it more when I saw it the 2nd and 3rd time.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture