Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

V For Vendetta

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

V For Vendetta

Unread postby swerb » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:55 am

Finally saw this flick. I really liked it, and would definitely reccomend seeing it.

Normally I am not into the whole comic book character silver screen adaptation thing, as I think that's what this is. But this was a very entertaining film.

I loved the story, which is basically one of a masked good guy terrorist in post World War III England, who rises up against the evil government which is bordering on a dictatorship. The masked crusader, known as "V" is a great character with a bone-chilling voice and really cool mask.

And Natalie Portman is excellent as the leading lady in this. In addition to being very cute, she is really a helluva actress, and knocked two outta the park with her roles in this one and "Closer" post Star Wars trilogy.

The acting is great, as is the cinematography. The movie is done by the guys that did the Matrix, and alot of the fight scenes remind you of that.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:07 am

I have this on the computer ready to watch sometime this week. Looking forward to it, and I love the comic books movies....even if I never actually followed the actual comic.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture