Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Dexter

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Dexter

Unread postby Guest » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:08 pm

Who all is watching this?

The show is awesome and just took a huge turn.

Unread postby Guest » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:10 pm

My wife was pissed at me that I had Dr. Hook pegged as the Ice Truck Killer right after the computer dweeb Perry was shown to be innocent.

Fantastic damn episode on Sunday. Deb's hot-n-heavy action, the entire sicko therapist bit, Dexter and Rita finally getting it on, and then the final revelation (even though I was right, it was still a chilling scene).

Next week's looks good as well when Deb takes her new boyfriend to see Dexter. Obviously, Dr. Hook knows who/what Dexter is, but it doesn't work both ways. At some point, I'm anticipating Dexter getting some clues, and then watching his reaction.

Only five more episodes this year.

The better news? It's been renewed for a second season at Showtime.

Unread postby Guest » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:21 pm

What an incredible ending last night.

Started getting a slight idea about Rudy's relationship with Dexter at the end of last week's show, but it was still a bit "whoa!" when it was revealed.

Perfect ending to a great season...with some obvious storylines for next year.

Rita learning more about Dexter's dark side after realizing Paul might be telling the truth about Dexter setting him up.

Doaks really, really HATES Dexter...I think even moreso since Dexter totally kicked the former SEAL/Green Beret's ass at the shipping yard...btw, great takes from both actors...Doaks showing total shock that the geeky guy completely Kung-fu-ed him, and Dexter's perverted smirk when he had Doaks by the neck.

Did Deb hear anything when she was on the table vis-a-vis the conversation between Rudy and Dexter?

Something to look forward to in 2007.

Another thing...did you catch the promo for "The Tudors"? John Rhys-Davies as a very young, very fit Henry VIII. Hopefully it'll be on the same quality as "Rome".

Unread postby Guest » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:38 pm

Dexter is AWESOME
Every episode got better
Pumped for the 2007 season

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:22 am

Ok, ok.

You guys have me intrigued. I'm downloading the first two episodes right now and will check this out tonight....sounds like a great cable show.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:41 pm

Holy shit, you guys are right.....this is a good show. Watched episode 1 last night and have the other 11 ready to go. Thanks for the recommendation.

A great idea for a show, and my kind of story. Just totally unique, almost like a Soprano's where you know the guys are bad.....but still sort of root/pull for them.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:30 pm

You won't be let down by a single episode
Most shows have one episode that drags or just plain sucks
Not Dexter

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:48 pm

Watched two more episodes last night....I'm through the first 3....wow, thanks again for the 411 on this show guys. For those that have not seen it, SEE IT.

Awesome. My new favorite show, but still prolly 2nd to 24
consigliere

Unread postby docstank » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:16 pm

How do you down load these episodes?
stank
docstank

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:13 pm

Great show. I'm through 5 episodes now....would be further along, but when talking to family over the holidays about the show my wife for whatever reason was interested, so I re-watched the first 3 episodes with her.

For those that have not watched yet, SPOLIER ALERT. Just thinking out loud here...

This show does just keep getting better and better. Through 5 episodes, my guess is that in the next few episodes this ice truck killer is going to try and setup Dexter as the killer. At least that is what I get in him leading him to where the nightwatchman was. Also, the hostility between Doaks and Dexter I think will be brought to the table more in upcoming episodes.

The ice truck killer is a doctor. Has to be. Some of the hints are there....the surgical way he cuts the body parts with a circular saw and with such precision, the nightwatchman found in an old abandoned hospital. Could the killer be one of the doctors at the hospital the nightwatchman is at? I noticed the one doctor who fit the nightwatchman for a prosthetic (sp) was shown grinning at Deb at the end of episode 5 and found that extremely convenient. The ice truck killer has already been to Dex's home....been through his memories....the only thing he has yet to do would seem to be doing something to Deb or Rita, or getting involved with one of both of those two somehow.

Anyway, looking forward to the final 7 episodes. If anyone is interested in the show who does not have Showtime, I can probably zip them and send them to you.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:21 pm

Stank, for whatever reason, I missed your original post.

You can download them on Bearshare, or other file sharing sites/programs. I won't get into the ethics or legalities of this.....but it is an option for you. I no longer subscribe to any cable premium channels and instead just downlaod the shows like Sopranos, Dexter, etc and watch them on my computer or stream them to my TV. The picture quality is practically flawless on most downloads (DVD quality).

You can also download any movie, with the same outstanding quality results.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:51 pm

You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

It'll be interesting for you to look back on your guesses after watching the last seven episodes...I don't want to say anything more than that as to not spoil anything.

Just don't go back up and re-read the first three or four posts until you're done, as it might mess up some things for you.

Suffice to say, the last episode is one of the best season ending episodes I've ever seen...perfect combination of wrapping a lot of mysteries up while opening the door to a ton more next season.

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:29 pm

Yeah, ever since I started watching this I have refrained from re-reading any older messages from you guys earlier in this thread. I don't recall you guys giving out any real info the first time around, just that it was a pretty damn good show. I hope to watch these last 7 episodes before all the network TV shows start airing again, and of course when 24 starts in two weeks.
consigliere

Unread postby docstank » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:02 pm

Thank you consigliere for the suggestion, I am looking into it, no showtime right now but the show sounds very interesting.
stank
docstank

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:08 am

After I was out of town all weekend, my wife and I watched a marathon of Dexter episodes last night and today. We've now watched 11 episodes, one to go.....but, WOW.

I had it pegged that a doctor would be the killer....and Captain Hook is the guy, although I was never sure about him until the end of episode 6 when Perry didn't know who Dexter was. Felt it extremely convenient that the new character Deb was dating was brought in, and it sealed it for me.

Anyway, can't wait to see this final episode play out.

Also, anyone know when Season 2 starts?
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:20 am

Hopefully soon

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:12 pm

Saw the finale last night. Great stuff. I never picked up on the brother bit at all until a few minutes before it was revealed. When Rudy was on the boat and made the comment about "I've been planning this for years" and then when Dexter had to go back to his original home, I turned to the wife while Dex had the flashback about his mom coming out the door and the fingernails were painted and I said "Rudy is his brother" and sure enough, like 20 seconds later they show little Rudy huddled in the corner of the tree.

What an awesome twist, and when you go back and think about the Ice Truck Killer's fascination with him, it all makes perfect sense.

I was sort of hoping he "got away" and would return next season, but that was a great scene at the end when Dex did him in finally. Michael C Hall was just awesome int he role, and he is well deserving of the award nominations.

Can't wait for Season 2. Thanks for the recommendation guys!
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Tue May 29, 2007 4:34 pm

Anyone have any word when Season 2 starts? Will there definitely be a Season 2?
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 29, 2007 5:59 pm

According to their website, not until October.
That sucks

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture