Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Entourage

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Entourage

Unread postby DarNoor » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Anyone else watch this great show? They had the season finale on this past Sunday. I love that show. I especially liked the scene when Turtle was talking on the phone with Meadow Soprano (with his mom listening on the other end.:)
~D~
DarNoor

Re: Entourage

Unread postby swerb » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Best season ever. Really enjoyed it. Season finale was superb.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:47 pm

Top 3 show for me behind Dexter and 24
Ari is one of the best characters ever.

Unread postby Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:32 am

FightDr wrote:Top 3 show for me behind Dexter and 24
Ari is one of the best characters ever.

Same with me, but I might put it 3rd behind Dexter and True Blood, with 24 being a close 4th.

What I found interesting in the last show was them saying that Vince would have the lead in Scorsese's re-imaging of "The Great Gatsy"...but Marty also said he was going to play "the Nick Carraway role"

Nick Carraway was the observer...and technically the central role...but he's not Gatsby, the role considered the lead in the 1974 film played by Robert Redford (Sam Waterston played Carraway).

The thing of it is...Scoresese would actually recognize that Carraway was more important...and it's a much harder role to play for an actor.

I would actually seriously love to see Scorsese pull this off. (but no, it's not really going to happen).

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:23 pm

Sunday nights are going to be a drag now. Entourage, True Blood, and Dexter are my three favorite shows right now. I'm not sure this has been my favorite season of Entourage though. I thought it moved kind of slowly. But hey, I know a lot of people on here are down on Dexter season 3 and I've loved it. Not as good as season 2, but every bit as good as the first season if not better. I wish I had Showtime. If anyone knows a website that will upload tonight's episode before 1am EST it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked all over the place with no luck. Can't wait to watch these last three episodes.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:30 pm

I really like the show, but its on HBO and I no longer get it. Its been 2 years since Ive seen a episode.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:20 pm

So now it's back, and I'm enjoying it even more this year. I think they drug out the "poor Vince" bit for too long, and it's good to have him back as a major player, seeing the effects of it on everyone around him.

Great addition with Gary Cole...and trouble ahead now that Cole's wife has become BFF with Ari's wife at the same time Ari finds out that Gary is shagging a 23 year old assistant.

Lloyd is a riot. More of him and less of Turtle/Drama would be fine with me.

Glad Sloan is back...she is HOT.

BTW...saw a funny item today on WENN news about Seth Rogen being majorly pissed at Entourage after they totally slammed him last week.

Actor Seth Rogen has waged war on the creator of Entourage after his looks were mocked on the hit TV show.

In a recent episode of the U.S. series, the characters referred to Rogen's "oddly fascinating" ugliness.

They also discussed whether the funnyman could ever win a date with a woman like actress Katherine Heigl, his love interest in Knocked Up.

Rogen was fuming after hearing the remarks, branding the programme's creator Doug Ellin a "moron" and vowing never to watch the TV series.

He says, "Yeah, those guys are a**holes. I actually ran into (Entourage actor) Kevin Dillon in a Starbucks. And he’s like, ‘You know, I’ve got to kind of apologise because apparently the guy who created our show doesn’t like you so much.’

"I said, ‘Well, I have reason to believe because I think (creator) Doug Ellin is a moron from all I can understand so it makes sense he doesn’t like me.’

"I’ve kind of said some disparaging things about the show. Although, in our defence, (producer) Mark Wahlberg called us misogynistic in an interview, so I think they kind of started that (battle). It’s on. Luckily I never have and never plan on watching Entourage.”

:lmfao:

Unread postby Cease » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:32 pm

Rogan's got to stand down. Just take the hit and move on... better that they're talking about you and not someone else.

Saw episode 1 on youtube before it got yanked and my only impression is that Lloyd looks old and haggered. No longer have HBO, but will see this season for sure somewhere down the line.

Johnny Drama is my hero, to think that he's loosely based on Donny Wahlberg is icing on the comedy cake.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby waborat » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Another strong season so far...

More Mrs. Ari, please...

Oh, and bring back Billy Walsh
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:21 pm

waborat wrote:Another strong season so far...

More Mrs. Ari, please...

Oh, and bring back Billy Walsh

Billy Walsh was a great effin character. Killed me to see him cast as that lame CTU snake in "24". Want to remember that dude as Billy Walsh. Should be barred from taking any other roles.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:12 pm

Used to love this show but the novelty has worn off for me.

I really think there is a great show at the heart of the premise, I just feel anymore the execution and direction they have taken it is simply too repetitious.

Bill Simmons did a great write-up in '04 about it and I tend to strongly agree that they totally missed with the "E" character and Vince just ahs no depth.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:25 pm

noles1 wrote:Used to love this show but the novelty has worn off for me.

I really think there is a great show at the heart of the premise, I just feel anymore the execution and direction they have taken it is simply too repetitious.

Bill Simmons did a great write-up in '04 about it and I tend to strongly agree that they totally missed with the "E" character and Vince just ahs no depth.

I agree. Every episode is roughly the same: minor crisis, Turtle/Drama as comic relief, everything is neatly resolved ("Relax, Turtle, everything's gonna be fine!") and the boys clink beer bottles at a sweet club/rooftop restaurant, etc etc. Piven and Kevin Dillon pretty much carry the show- they're the best by far. Adrian Grenier is a nobody. Turtle is flat-out annoying. E is only interesting to me because I know guys like him.

It's an enjoyable show, but man is it cotton candy. No substance whatsoever, especially coming from a network that gave us "Deadwood" and "The Wire."
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture