Text Size

The Gamblers Den

Been Biding My Time Till Football Season

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

Been Biding My Time Till Football Season

Unread postby swerb » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:05 pm

Haven't been playing many games at all. I think I've slowly dropped 3 $100 deposits over about the last three months.

This is always the time of year I chill. While I usually start the season out playing games pretty regularly, I just don't have the stomach to bet baseball every night for 6 months straight. Always play the MLB playoffs though.

Just starting to do a little of my preseason college football homework. Getting ready to come out both guns blasing once the season kicks off in a couple weeks here.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby yargs7 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:50 am

I can't wait...only a true sicko like me can gain so much enjoyment from planting my ass in front of a big screen from 11am (Gameday) until I lose my last dollar on Hawaii -5.5 vs. San Jose St at 2 am...I LOVE IT. If they don't have college football and bookies in Heaven, I don't think I wanna go.
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby swerb » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:06 am

There's nothing like Saturdays. Research games in the morning, become one with the daily TV schedule. Big Ten games start at noon, a new lineup of usually 2-3 solid games at 3:30. ESPN games at 7-8 PM, then the WAC/PAC 10 games at 10 PM or so. Lastly, the Hawaii bailout game at midnight.

What websites does everyone frequent when studying the college board?

www.covers.com is a good one. Also www.cappersmall.com, www.madjacksports.com, www.sportshandicappingforum.com.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to The Gamblers Den