Text Size

The Gamblers Den

NFL 2007 Dead Pool

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

NFL 2007 Dead Pool

Unread postby wmurphyhh » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:03 pm

The concept of the Dead Pool is simple. Each week you will select an NFL team that you think will LOSE. If your chosen team DOES NOT LOSE (this means the team wins, or worse, ties), you’re dead. This is not a re-buy event. Once you are dead, you are out unless everyone dies (see below). The rules couldn’t be simpler, right? And before you ask, YES you can pick the same team more than once. Dead horses need to be beaten, but occasionally they get up. This process continues until only one person (or so) is left (see Below). Think of this as a reverse raffle. Entry fee for the Dead Pool is a one time flat fee of $10. There is no limit on the number of entries, but each entry in 10 bucks. As they say in the commercial – “Do the Math”. 2 entries, 20 bucks, and so on.

Each week you remain alive, I need the team you think will lose over the course of a weekend. You must call, e-mail, snail mail, smoke signal, somehow get your pick to me by Sunday at 1300 hrs eastern time. (This is 1’oclock PM for the rest of the world). That is kickoff time for most weeks. I cannot overly stress the importance of calling your pick in before the deadline. The ONLY exception to this rule; weeks with a Thursday or Saturday game that you wish to use. Should you decide to play an earlier game, your pick must be called in prior to kickoff of the first game that day. (Opening Day, Thanksgiving, and December Thursday and Saturday games come to mind).

Last year's contest had over 350 entries.

If interested, send me a message and I'll forward the entry form to you
Isn't it time something good happens in this town ?
wmurphyhh
"Murph"

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: Chris Johnson

Unread postby swerb » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:26 am

Im in for 2.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:35 am

I'm in for 2 also

Unread postby dragonmeister » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:52 am

I'm in for 2.

email: dragonmeister1986@yahoo.com
dragonmeister

Unread postby sandlot33 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:34 pm