Text Size

The Gamblers Den

World Series of Poker

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

World Series of Poker

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:15 pm

Its already started and Uber-Brat Phil has won bracelet #11 (puting him ahead of Doyle and Johnny).

The funny thing is all 11 have been in Texas Hold 'em and he has been shut out in all other games.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:58 pm

I pull for Hellmuth. I'm not sure why. He and Matusow at the same table is great theater.

Whens the main event start?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Greener » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:48 pm

I am a fan of Hellmuths as well. I am extremely disappointed to announce that ESPN.com just reported that he was eliminated from day 1D.
Greener

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from U of M

Unread postby sandlot33 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:44 pm

Greener wrote:I am a fan of Hellmuths as well. I am extremely disappointed to announce that ESPN.com just reported that he was eliminated from day 1D.

now that makes for entertaining tv when he gets eliminated...f'ing hilarious
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:24 pm

Greener wrote:I am a fan of Hellmuths as well. I am extremely disappointed to announce that ESPN.com just reported that he was eliminated from day 1D.

Greener, peeker and I along with a few others were in Vegas a few weeks back while the preliminary World Series events were going on. You thought the Rocks, paper,scissors deal was a spectacle.... What a zoo. Life long degenerates being treated like kings, guys that haven't bathed in days, every other clown on a cell phone explaining how he got knocked out... Man, not really the best reflection on society. That being said, you would have enjoyed it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Greener » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:00 pm

Pipes,
I heard you guys were out there. I figured with all your Weber Street experience you and Brian would challenge the "talented" hold 'em players in the preliminary games. Wouldn't you say you see people who haven't bath, changed clothes, or been sober for days, any time you have been in Vegas?

Green
Greener

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:36 pm

Greener wrote:Pipes,
I heard you guys were out there. I figured with all your Weber Street experience you and Brian would challenge the "talented" hold 'em players in the preliminary games. Wouldn't you say you see people who haven't bath, changed clothes, or been sober for days, any time you have been in Vegas?

Green

It's Weber AVENUE Poker Mr. Green. Those guys on Weber Street are novices. I watched one degenerate professional (Layne Flack) "warm up" for his tourney by borrowing a customer's knife at the Milwaukees Beast Light Lounge, poke a hole in a couple horrific beers and shotgun them. Then he ignored the fact his tournament had started an hour ago and went at sat at the bar playing chinese poker with his buddies for $100 per point.

By the way, any true poker/gambling/Vegas fan has to visit http://taopoker.blogspot.com/

Check out the June 17 and June 20 posts if you want a real look behind what Harrah's, ESPN and corporate America pass off as heros and characters.
Last edited by peeker643 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:36 pm

Greener wrote:Pipes,

Green

This is true. The next guy I see pissing himself at a table out there won't be the first. The WSOP simply provided a chance to see many under the same roof. And, Greener it's Weber AVENUE Poker...please.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Greener » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:58 am

We have never attempted to go out to Vegas during the WSOP because we figured it would be a bigger circus than it normally is. Nice to know that we were right on target with that assessment.

My apologies to the Weber Avenue Poker clan. I certainly do not want your prestigious group to be confused with the gang from Weber Court, or even the thugs from Weber Boulevard, and especially the pansies from Weber Lane. I have duly noted my mistake, and guarantee the both of you that it will never happen again.

Regretfully,

David A Green
Greener

Unread postby Greener » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:32 pm

Here is the final table for 2007 WSOP(I'll bet not a single one of these player would fare well at Weber Avenue poker)

WSOP: Final table

Final nine Player Chips (in millions)
Philip Hilm 23.1
Tuan Lam 20.3
Jon Kalmer 20.2
Raymond Rahme 16.0
Lee Childs 13.3
Lee Watkinson 12.1
Hevad Kahn 9.2
Jerry Yang 8.5
Alex Kravchenko 6.6
Greener

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:56 pm

Watkinsons a grinder, I'd like to see him take it down. Final table staple at WSOP events.

Just hope theres more drama than last years Jaime Gold onslaught.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:57 pm

These cats could never stand the pressure at Weber Avenue, plus, I highly doubt those humps at The Rio have a wall mounted Purell dispenser within arms reach of the table.

Lee Watkinson is a good guy, hope he can battle back and win it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:36 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:These cats could never stand the pressure at Weber Avenue, plus, I highly doubt those humps at The Rio have a wall mounted Purell dispenser within arms reach of the table.

Lee Watkinson is a good guy, hope he can battle back and win it.

You can search high and wide for a venue with the Purell dispenser, a Norm Chad photo and a Biggie picture to salute. I know the Rio sure as hell didn't have any of that.

Not to mention a couple stand-up Tournament/League Directors slash Weber Avenue Board members.

[img][img]http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/6263/normboyszx8.th.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/465/purelliz9.th.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/6499/thesalutert0.th.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/49/dirtpic1mz3.th.jpg[/img][/img]
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:13 pm

I like my sanitary avatar. I have no idea how the hell I got it, but I like it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:28 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:I like my sanitary avatar. I have no idea how the hell I got it, but I like it.

I hooked you up Pipe.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:51 am

Good looking out.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to The Gamblers Den