Text Size

The Gamblers Den

NCAA Futures - Regular Season Wins

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

NCAA Futures - Regular Season Wins

Unread postby JCoz » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Just took a first look at the futures for NCAA in regular season wins, thought maybe there would be some discussion on it.

a couple stand out to me:

Over 8.5 UGA +105 - This looks like a very solid bet to me.

Over 9.5 PSU -125 - The schedule sets up well

Over 9.5 OSU -125 - Trying to not be a homer, but I can't get away from thinking this is a decent bet.

Thoughts?
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: NCAA Futures - Regular Season Wins

Unread postby waborat » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:21 am

West Virginia Under 9.5 Book It Danno
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:20 pm

JCoz wrote:Just took a first look at the futures for NCAA in regular season wins, thought maybe there would be some discussion on it.

Over 9.5 OSU -125 - Trying to not be a homer, but I can't get away from thinking this is a decent bet.

Thoughts?

Going to be looking into this real shortly. Where did you get your numbers from, because if I work out some calculations, I'll use your site also.

Lotta conferences in college have numbers skewed waaay toward the over, so you gotta be extra careful before pulling any over trigger ILO.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:
JCoz wrote:Just took a first look at the futures for NCAA in regular season wins, thought maybe there would be some discussion on it.

Thoughts?

Going to be looking into this real shortly. Where did you get your numbers from, because if I work out some calculations, I'll use your site also.

Lotta conferences in college have numbers skewed waaay toward the over, so you gotta be extra careful before pulling any over trigger ILO.

Very true on the skewd overs, Lead, I am aware. Bookmaker was the site.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Action Boy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:01 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:

Thoughts?

Las Vegas Insider has the college win totals minus the odds. They are updated as of July 18.

I like South Carolina under 6 1/2. The kitchen cupboard is bare of returning starters on both sides of the ball and their early season schedule is not kind. Plus I think the Spurrier honeymoon is about over.

I also like Stanford over 5 1/2 - hard to believe I am saying that, but they are improved and I like their chances at 6 wins. The back end of their schedule is brutal though (at USC, Cal, ND)

In the pros, I really like the Seattle Seahawks over 7. I can't imagine that it won't jump to 7 1/2 or 8 with odds of 125 or slightly higher. The NFC West is a joke, Seattle's schedule is soft and I don't expect their team to be decimated by injuries (8 starters lost last year) again. Nice pickup of Housh and an excellent draft in obtaining Curry at linebacker. Plus, I think Mora has something to prove since his last gig. He took the Falcons one win away from the Super Bowl with a team that wasn't very talented.

I am not so sure the Jets don't go under 7. Relying on a QB who only played one year in college is alot to ask at the next level for a rookie starter. Even if he doesn't start I think the Jets regress in a very competitve AFC East.

I am looking to continue my run in the NFL as I had MInnesota over 8 1/2 last year and Jacksonville over 8 the year before.

My buddy heads out to Vegas this Friday and I plan to lay some coin on the win totals. If you have any strong leans and you don't mind serving them up, then please drop a line. Thanks.
Action Boy

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 pm

Action Boy wrote:
Lead Pipe wrote:

Thoughts?

Las Vegas Insider has the college win totals minus the odds. They are updated as of July 18.

I like South Carolina under 6 1/2. The kitchen cupboard is bare of returning starters on both sides of the ball and their early season schedule is not kind. Plus I think the Spurrier honeymoon is about over.

I also like Stanford over 5 1/2 - hard to believe I am saying that, but they are improved and I like their chances at 6 wins. The back end of their schedule is brutal though (at USC, Cal, ND)

In the pros, I really like the Seattle Seahawks over 7. I can't imagine that it won't jump to 7 1/2 or 8 with odds of 125 or slightly higher. The NFC West is a joke, Seattle's schedule is soft and I don't expect their team to be decimated by injuries (8 starters lost last year) again. Nice pickup of Housh and an excellent draft in obtaining Curry at linebacker. Plus, I think Mora has something to prove since his last gig. He took the Falcons one win away from the Super Bowl with a team that wasn't very talented.

I am not so sure the Jets don't go under 7. Relying on a QB who only played one year in college is alot to ask at the next level for a rookie starter. Even if he doesn't start I think the Jets regress in a very competitve AFC East.

I am looking to continue my run in the NFL as I had MInnesota over 8 1/2 last year and Jacksonville over 8 the year before.

My buddy heads out to Vegas this Friday and I plan to lay some coin on the win totals. If you have any strong leans and you don't mind serving them up, then please drop a line. Thanks.

Love Seattle also Action. And I can't see that line not moving up by a hook relatively soon.

For the reason you mentioned, and to underline... that division has issues. I mean, it is B-A-D.
Think this is being underestimated here....I guess.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to The Gamblers Den