Text Size

The Rumble Room

CBS RATINGS NOT ENOUGH, ELITEXC CLOSING UP SHOP

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

CBS RATINGS NOT ENOUGH, ELITEXC CLOSING UP SHOP

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:49 pm

Re: CBS RATINGS NOT ENOUGH, ELITEXC CLOSING UP SHOP

Unread postby Doc » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:59 am

I think ol' Kimbo getting worked in 14 seconds was the final nail. There really was no redeeming quality about that show, save Gina Carano. I'd watch a 2 round fight on The Ultimate Fighter anytime over those garbage fights.

It's now up to Affliction (is it Affliction? The one with Emilienko...) to see if they can stand up to the UFC. I'm not worried, because I love the UFC product and what they have going on over there. Love TUF as well. And can't wait to see Anderson Silva murder people. He is the Tyson of this era, bar none. And having that type of star on your roster is going to make you stand out. Elite wanted that from Kimbo, but he didn't have the goods at all. If they wanted a "name" maybe they should have made a run at Lesnar.

I gues CBS just figured that all the production value is more important than the actual in-ring product. Similar to wrestling. If we put enough attractive girls, fireworks, and loud music in the show...maybe, just maybe we can attract the majority of America with the scenery. And if we put in Internet Phenom Kimbo Slice, everyone will tune in. Of course, this was a flawed theory from the get-go. And hence, there is no more Elite.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Return to The Rumble Room