Text Size

The Rumble Room

The Fight Fans 10/20

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

The Fight Fans 10/20

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:27 am

2 possible guest for us tonight, 8pm to 9pm
Ronald Hearns
Gray Maynard

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/TheClevela ... Fight-Fans

Re: The Fight Fans 10/20

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:17 am

Nice, I'm sure you'll be talking to Maynard about UFC 90 and Rich Clementi.

What's your take on that fight, Spoon?
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:17 am

I love Gray in the fight. Clementi is tough as nails though.
I've had a chance to talk to Gray a bunch of times. Everyone I talk to about him says that he is one of the hardest working guys in the sport.
I'm pumped for the card Saturday night.

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:24 am

The Maynard Clementi fight will be on the pay per view by the way, it was originally not going to air live.

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:27 am

I'm looking forward to that fight as well. Clementi was on a local sports talk show last week talking about the fight. He's got a ton of respect for Maynard and really spoke highly of him for the entire segment.

Guillard is another story though, it's amazing the level of pure hatred and lack of respect they (Guillard and Clementi) have for each other. Honestly though, everyone in these parts hate Guillard. Before he left home, everyone down here that trained with him strongly disliked him. I've never met the guy, but all I've heard is arrogant, lazy, selfish, above any instruction/advice given to him, etc. I guess that is why the last Clementi/Guillard fight got so bad/tacky/embarrassing towards the end. I think Clementi feels that he wasted alot of time trying to be a mentor to Guillard when he was coming up, he really had high hopes for him at one point.

I'll try to tune in tonight though, I'll be curious to hear Maynard's thoughts on the fight.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Return to The Rumble Room