Text Size

The Rumble Room

Ortiz Liddell 2 is set for December

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Ortiz Liddell 2 is set for December

Unread postby Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:41 am

The fight I have been waiting for is finally here come December
On the eve of UFC 63 this story broke
I can't f-ing wait
From MMAWeekly.com

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/tem ... &zoneid=13

Unread postby jdrake10 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:19 pm

I like Liddell to win pretty easily. Ortiz just does not match up well with Chuck. He can't stand and trade punches with Liddell and his take down defense is so solid that Ortiz won't easily get this fight to the ground. Ortiz could be in for a frustrating night. Obviously if he can get Liddell down he can beat him as he has superior ground and pound. But Liddell's wrestling skills serve him well in avoiding take downs.
jdrake10

Unread postby Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:59 pm

My take:
Chuck is all around better, no doubt about it. he can't be taken down, only Randy could do it.
If the fight is standing, Chuck will knock out ANYONE
If Tito can somehow get him down, there is no way he gets up from his wrestling and his ground and pound will reign surpreme.
Tito has wanted this fight since Chuck knocked him out and will be ready for everything.
Chuck I think will overlook Tito just enough for my boy to win it. Due to the easy win the first time Chuck relaxes just a bit.
Tito wins his belt back via 2nd round ref stoppage with his AWESOME ground and pound.
I can't f-ing wait for it!!!!!!!!!!
I know one thing for sure, it won't be as quick a win this time, no matter who wins.

Unread postby furls » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:01 pm

I don't think chuck overlooks tito, not for a second. He hates him and wants to "shut him up." Unlike Shamrock, Liddel can back this up. I like Liddel, first round knock out.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby jdrake10 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:57 pm

Tito Ortiz cannot exactly sneak up on Liddell so there is no way he takes him lightly. Ortiz larger than life ego usually works to his benefit as an intimidation factor. It will not work with Liddell. If Ortiz wins it will be because he earned it. Liddell will not overlook him.

I am a big fan of Couture. He did manage to get Liddell down but only after he surprised Liddell with his standup attack. If Ortiz can do the same thing, then maybe he can get him down. From on top I agree that Ortiz can take him out. I just don’t think anyone can surprise Liddell this way again.
jdrake10

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:25 pm

I don't Chuck won't train hard ot think he just will step in the cage and win.
I think in his mind he owns Tito and knows he can beat him again.
Tito has been more agressive in his last fights and appears to be more focused than ever before.
What I'm saying is that Chuck thinks he is fighting the Tito of their last fight, not the Ortiz of 2006.

How's this:
Tito is going to win, one way or another
2 months and 7 days we shall see

Unread postby Guest » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:55 pm

Next Saturday is almost here
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Preview to come soon.

Tito Liddell

Unread postby docstank » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:40 pm

I thought about this fight today, I honestly think I have got it down. There is one way, and one way only Tito wins this fight. In my opinion is may sound crazy but he has to outBOX Chuck. I am a huge fan of both of these guy and I am excited to see what ensues. I think if Tito attacks, he will be done in a matter of minutes. He needs to defend and counter on his feet with jabs. Annoy chuck with punches that "bug him" he wont hurt him on his feet. This will however open the gate for a huge takedown which can turn the table on a fight which heavily favors Chuck. I repeat if you attack Chuck you will lose, time and time again. He keeps his head in the box while being attacked better than anyone I have ever seen which allows him to land that money shot everytime. You must be passive against him and distract him or "bore him" in order to make him vulnerable. Defend first Tito if you want to stand a chance at a great victory over a great fighter. Stand up defense will turn into opportunity to take it to the ground.

Stank
docstank

Unread postby sandlot33 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:25 am

I see Lidell with a KO in round 2....Tito's head is just to damn big...the dudes head is the size of a watermelon.....theres no way he doesn't land a blow to that dome......you know what they say the bigger the head the larger the chin...i hate tito
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby Guest » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:58 am

We will see in 2 days
Tito will be getting HIS belt back

Unread postby sandlot33 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:35 pm

can't wait for Saturday...the whole night is going to feature some fantastic fights.....could be the best event they have ever put on....and to top it off, Liddel/Ortiz could be the fight of the century
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:27 am

Wow, Ortiz was DOMINATED.

I can only see 3 ways that Liddell loses in the near future:

1.) Fame gets to his head and he comes out under prepared.
2.) A world class wrestler emerges and is able to actually get past his sprawl.
3.) Someone lands a lucky punch and stuns him (not likely given his chin).
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:51 am

It was actually a pretty good fight in my eyes Furls.
Not so sure I would say dominated as the 2nd round probably went to Tito.
Not that it matters as Chuck beat his ass in the 1st and 3rd
Chuck looks unbeatable right now
Next up should be Rampage. If Rampage can get his hands on him he might be able to get the fight to the ground.
I look for Chuck vs Rampage 2 in May or June

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:08 pm

It was good in that it lasted 3 rounds as for Ortiz winning the second, I concur, he did win the second, but largely due to inactivity. Tito got the worst of every major exchange and Liddell was never in any real trouble, except perhaps when Ortiz recorded the takedown in the second, but Liddell was on his feet again within 5 seconds.

It is going to take a lot to beat Liddell. Rampage is a sweet addition, but man, that 205 class is getting congested. They need to open a 195 or a 215 soon to spread some of that talent. That division is sick now.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby sandlot33 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:00 pm

liddell/ortiz fight went just as expected...but who would of thought keith jardine would KO'd griffin...griffin looked great till he got blasted with a bomb...also the crippler upset by mcdonald who's submissions are getting to be unbelievable....i love this sport...all great fights
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:37 pm

I predicted a Jardine win in my preview
I think Forrest and Leban are WAY overrated
It was a great show and the sport is getting HUGE

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:46 am

First time I paid for one just at the house with the wife and kids watching. Great show, the boys were up and we all slap boxed a little. I was pleased to see the kids watch for most of the fights (12 and 9).

UFC is clearly setting up Liddell's revenge match against Rampage.

I was glad to see Tito say he brought his A game and it wasn't good enough.
dmiles

Return to The Rumble Room