Text Size

The Rumble Room

Enzo Calzaghe Launches Into Tirade About Kelly Pavlik

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Enzo Calzaghe Launches Into Tirade About Kelly Pavlik

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:03 am

This guy is such a little bitch.
Calzaghe knows Pavlik will beat him so this guys has to talk stupid shit.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=16271&more=1

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:00 am

Wow, what an effing moron.

Congrads Enzo, you've just destroyed your credibility to any and all boxing fans that have a good knowledge of the sport.

It's easy to see what's happening here. Calzaghe and his retarded dad are starting to get a lot of heat about dodging Kelly. Calzaghe wants so bad to be loved by American fans. He started to get there.

Now, American fight fans, who increasingly are taking to Kelly, have been put off by these two wankers dodging Pavlik. They look back in hindsight and see Lacy, Bika, and the stiff from The Contender as overrated. They all saw the win over Hopkins, which was far from impressive.

As a result? You get this moronic meltdown from Enzo, desperate to justify this farce of a fight against a washed up nobody in Roy Jones.

Calzaghe thought he was in the clear with American fight fans. He almost had their respect, and is now losing it. He'll never get it back unless he fights Pavlik, which I honestly don't think he'll ever do.

You wanna be the man, you gotta beat the man. And Roy Jones Fucking Junior sure as shit isn't the man anymore.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:31 am

Wankers? Awesome
Roy Jones Jr. is going to beat Calzaghe, you heard it here first.
Pavlik doesn't deserve it or isn't near the top pound for pound?
What a clown this guy is, boxing will be better off when he's gone.
Keep ducking those tough guys, that'll get you a lot of respect in the boxing world.

Unread postby krazylegz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:25 am

funny stuff!!....IF this fight happens it would probably be next summer,june/july 09'. this way if joe loses he can just use the ol "well,iam on my way out anyway" bullshit excuse when kelly pounds his welsh,slap happy ass....
krazylegz

Unread postby Rusty » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:02 am

Swerb wrote:Wow, what an effing moron.

Congrads Enzo, you've just destroyed your credibility to any and all boxing fans that have a good knowledge of the sport.

It's easy to see what's happening here. Calzaghe and his retarded dad are starting to get a lot of heat about dodging Kelly. Calzaghe wants so bad to be loved by American fans. He started to get there.

Now, American fight fans, who increasingly are taking to Kelly, have been put off by these two wankers dodging Pavlik. They look back in hindsight and see Lacy, Bika, and the stiff from The Contender as overrated. They all saw the win over Hopkins, which was far from impressive.

As a result? You get this moronic meltdown from Enzo, desperate to justify this farce of a fight against a washed up nobody in Roy Jones.

Calzaghe thought he was in the clear with American fight fans. He almost had their respect, and is now losing it. He'll never get it back unless he fights Pavlik, which I honestly don't think he'll ever do.

You wanna be the man, you gotta beat the man. And Roy Jones Fucking Junior sure as shit isn't the man anymore.

Exactly. You are 100% correct.

Any longterm European champion that makes his U.S. debut at age 36, only to go after washed up former champs in their 40's, has no credibilty whatsoever.

Calzaghe is the king of protected Euro fighters, with his long career of hand-picked opponents and his desire to slap old guys around.

He is a total joke and his ducking of Kelly Pavlik will forever cement his legacy as an undefeated coward that only took fights that he knew he would win.

Hopefully, Roy Jones will give that disgraceful pussy a beating that he will never forget.
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:47 pm

Swerb wrote:As a result? You get this moronic meltdown from Enzo, desperate to justify this farce of a fight against a washed up nobody in Roy Jones.

My thoughts exactly when I saw yesterday that Calzaghe won't fight Pavlik.

On the bright side, maybe this gets a Pavlik-Abraham fight at the Q. On the negative side, this is terrible for boxing. Now Pavlik will keep mowing through people and the American boxing fan will have to keep watching Latin fighters take fights that they want to see while Pavlik has to fight second-tier guys.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Rusty » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 pm

Enzo is once again running his mouth and making himself look like a world class douche.
"Bernard Hopkins will beat Kelly Pavlik, I have no doubt about that," Calzaghe told setantasports.com's Spencer Fearon.

"Pavlik could beat Jermain Taylor because he only had a Plan A. Hopkins has a Plan A, B, C and D.

"Hopkins is a different class to Pavlik. Pavlik isn't in the class of a Roy Jones or Joe Calzaghe.

"I'm not sure on the round, but I know Hopkins will take him to school. Hopkins can nullify his punching power with his movement.

"Gary Lockett said himself: 'He beat me but he's nothing special. I know Joe would beat him'."

http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Other-sports/2008/07/23/Boxing-Enzo-B-Hop-will-beat-Pavlik/
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Unread postby Lebowski » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:41 pm

"Gary Lockett said himself: 'He beat me but he's nothing special. I know Joe would beat him'."

I must have missed that...I recall something like 'He beat me...he really surprised me with his power...I wasn't prepared for it.'

Anyone have a link?

Oh, and I agree with Enzo...Kelly isn't in the same class as RJJ and Joe :P :-P :razz:
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Return to The Rumble Room