Text Size

The Rumble Room

Mayweather retires?

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Mayweather retires?

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Boxing writer Dan Rafael just called into Friday Night Fights, says he just talked to Mayweathers people and he is announcing his retirement, Delahoya fight is off for the summer.

Translation: I don't wanna fight the winner of Cotto/Margarito in the fall. I have more money than I can spend. I'll come out of retirement in a couple years when I need more.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Unreal.
I would love to see him fight the winner of Cotto/Margarito.
That's a damn shame if that never happens.
I have a feeling it never will.
He really doesn't have anything else to prove but as a fight fan I want to see him keep fighting for a few more years.

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:54 pm

Hard to dog him too bad. As unlikable as he is, he was amazing to watch, and for the most part, fought all the big fights. One of the best fighters I've seen in my life.

He'll be back. He's too young, too big a draw. Makes so much money per fight, gets hit so little ... he'd be fiscally insane not to take another couple cashes after some time "in retirement".

Couple years.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:16 am

The timing is truly strange.
He was set to cash in HUGE with another beatdown of De La Hoya.
It makes no sense.

Return to The Rumble Room