Text Size

The Rumble Room

Hopkins/Calzaghe

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Hopkins/Calzaghe

Unread postby swerb » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Can't wait for this one tonight.

Agree with The Fight Dr. Calzaghe in a unanimous decision.

Respect Hopkins, think hes an asshole, also think hes overrated at this late stage of his career. Last two wins to re-elevate his status were over lesser (and unimpressive) versions of Tarver and Winky.

Ring Mag still has the cat #3 lb for lb. Calzaghe below him. Calazghe -240 tonight.

I'll be betting on and pulling for Calzaghe.

Unanimous decision, he'll knock him down once late.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:18 pm

Pretty much as expected. Neither guy hurt the other. Your classic Hopkins fight.

Calzaghe got into a nice rythym after a poor start.

Hopkins is what he is at this stage of his career. Brutal to watch. Hard to hit. As dirty as they come. The bull shit with the phantom low blows was disgraceful. I'd love to see him put out to pasture, but we're going to have to suffer through at least 3-4 more years of his bull shit.

Regardless, this loss pretty much ends Hopkins significant relevance.

Time for Calzaghe to do the same to Roy Jones now. No way in hell Calzaghe will fight Pavlik.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:47 am

Three words sum up that fight Swerb:

Slap-slap-clinch. I was seriously considering a few bucks on the draw with the Hopkins style making it quite possible. But they got it right.

Just miserable to watch though except for seeing an old man stretch the limits of fairness. I'll give him this, he's in unbelievable shape for a 23 yr old much less 43.

And he was a classic again in his post-fight interview with an amused Max Kellerman.

Kellerman- "Didn't look like a low blow, looked like it hit you on the belt line."

Hopkins- "It hit me in the crotch. You can see it riiiiight ....there! In the crotch.

Kellerma- "That was the belt line, almost the stomach.

Hopkins- "You wanna look where it hit me. Maybe you can't tell but it hit me in the crotch. It knocked my private out of my cup and I needed a few minutes."
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Guest » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:51 am

Lampley called Calzaghe Calzacky at least 50 times.

Return to The Rumble Room