Text Size

The Rumble Room

Kessler Does Not Want To Fight Miranda

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Kessler Does Not Want To Fight Miranda

Unread postby Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:20 pm

This is for those of you out there that said this guys was a legit contender or possible top 10 pound for pound guy.
He's beaten nobody.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=14702&more=1

Unread postby swerb » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:36 pm

He should take the fight. He'd beat Miranda in my view.

Only fight I've seen from Kessler is his last one vs Calzaghe. I saw some things I really liked. I still contend that I have yet to see another super middle that I would say is definitively a better fighter than what I saw that night against a brutally tough foe.

I will say though, Kessler needs to shit or get off the pot. Been 4 months since the Calzaghe loss. And he has a reputation for only wanting to fight in his home country of Denmark.

Get over to the states and take another legitimate fight. If not Miranda ... Lacy, Allen Green, or a rematch with Mundine.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:22 am

He's content to fight bums at home.
That sure won't win over any fans here.
I'd like to see more of him against any decent fighter just to see if he is any good.
He looked decent against Calzaghe, but that was the only time I have ever seen him. Has the performance a fluke?
We might not find out.

Unread postby swerb » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:22 am

He's definitely at a crossroads in his career. If he wants to be considered great, time to shit or get off the pot. Super middle has some exciting up and comers, Taylors there now, and I'd love to see him get in that mix so we can find out what hes made of.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:32 pm

I agree, all this hype and really nothing to back it up.

Return to The Rumble Room