Text Size

The Rumble Room

Delahoya, three more fights, then retirement

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Delahoya, three more fights, then retirement

Unread postby swerb » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:10 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

First one against some no name with 5 losses and just 9 KOs in 33 wins. Second one will be another beatdown at the hands of Mayweather in the fall.

Last one, not announced, but sure to be a winnable fight so he can ride off into the sunset a winner. In his mind at least. Delahoya, given his skill set and the promise he showed at a young age, will go down as a disappointment in my book.

Never took boxing seriously enough, but who am I to begrudge him for that? He's loaded ... with probably the most viable promotion company in the sport, Golden Showe ... errr ... Golden Boy Promotions.

Oscar was a beast in the late 90s. Making his bones beating up Julio Cesar Chavez, Macho Camacho, and Sweet Pea Whitaker. Will never forget his win over Ike Quartey when they were the top two welterweights in the world, one of the greatest fights I've seen to this day.

But sadly, for me, the defining moment of his career in my mind is when he had the MEGA fight with Trinidad. Got out to a great start and just quit fighting in the 7th, letting Tito take the last six rounds en route to a close loss via decision. I was down at OSU partying with some friends for that fight, and will never forget it. Was a huge, huge fight.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to The Rumble Room