Text Size

The Rumble Room

UFC 60

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

UFC 60

Unread postby furls » Mon May 29, 2006 10:47 am

Royce Gracie gets his ass whooped by Matt Hughes.... TKO (strikes) in the first round.

Hughes pretty much dominated.

Discuss.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Guest » Mon May 29, 2006 11:18 am

It was another great card put on by the UFC
Every fight was entertaining as always.

Hughes is just way too strong for Gracie and it sure showed.
Hughes practically ripped his arm out of the socket but there was no way he was going to tap out. Once Hughes figured that out he decided just to punish the older Gracie.

In some of the other fights:
Mike Swick continued to look impressive climbing up the rankings. He made Joe Riggs tap out with a choke.
Diego Sanchez got a very very favorable decision. I thought he lost 2 of the 3 rounds. He stayed undefeated in a very good fight. He was on Alessio's back for close to 3 minutes in something I have never seen.

Prelim Results:

-Melvin Guillard defeated Rick Davis by KO at 1:37 of Round 1

-Gabriel Gonzaga defeated Fabiano Scherner by TKO at :24 of Round 2

-Spencer Fisher defeated Matt Wiman by KO (flying knee) at 1:43 of Round 2

-Jeremy Horn defeated Chael Sonnen by submission (armbar) at 1:17 of Round 2

Main Card Results:

-Mike Swick defeated Joe Riggs by submission (guillotine choke) at 2:19 of Round 1

-Brandon Vera defeated Assuerio Silva by submission (guillotine choke) at 2:39 in Round 1

-Diego Sanchez defeated John Alessio by unanimous decision

-Dean Lister defeated Alessio Sakara by submission (triangle choke) at 2:20 of Round 1

-Matt Hughes defeated Royce Gracie by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 4:39 of Round 1

UFC 61 is going to be another awesome show
July 8th in Vegas
Sylvia vs Arlovski III
Ortiz vs Shamrock II

UFC 60 controversy

Unread postby jdrake10 » Tue May 30, 2006 10:56 pm

I had 5 buddies over to drink some beverages and watch their first UFC fights. Some people don’t have Spike TV I guess. Naturally there was some friendly wagering involved. My friends all liked the first couple fights so I think they were getting hooked. But then came the Sanchez fight. UFC lost some potential new fans with that strange decision awarded to Sanchez. The winners that had Sanchez (me included) did not even collect from the losers it was so bad. Aggressive or not, Sanchez didn’t barely land a punch in the first 2 rounds, so how could he win either of them? The one judge even had Sanchez winning all 3 rounds. What a snow job!

I used to be a big boxing fan. But I have not watched boxing for years because I lost all respect due to endless controversy. I hope UFC gets its act together and does not follow that same path. Sanchez got exposed by a journeyman fighter and is not nearly as good as his 17-0 record.
jdrake10

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 30, 2006 11:42 pm

I'm guessing thats the first time you saw Diego fight?
I dont like him at all, he's a cocky fruit ball................but he is a badass
I think he lost the fight also, no way did he win 3 rounds
However, all of his fights leading up to this one, he has dominated. He had never lost a round that I have seen since he was on the Ultimate Fighter Season 1.
To call him a journeyman is way off, seeing he actually hasnt even been around for too long. He's 24 years old.

Sanchez

Unread postby jdrake10 » Wed May 31, 2006 12:52 pm

The point of my rant was that the Sanchez decision was poor enough that it may have cost UFC some new viewers. And I was calling Alleso a journeymay not Sanchez. I really don't know much about Alleso so maybe I am wrong there, but his record tells me he is a below average fighter that has been aroudn for awhile. Sanchez should have walked through him.

I have seen Sanchez fight many times and he has been very impressive. He dominated Nick Diaz who is a good fighter. But thinking back, Diaz was Sanchez's biggest win. And Diaz has himself been exposed somewhat by losing his last couple of fights so I question that win also now.

The decision just smells of conspiracy if you beleive in that sort of thing. Young, up and coming star, got his start in the UFC reality series, undefeated, being groomed for the big fight with Hughes or St. Pierre.

This is the sort of thing that killed boxing for me.
jdrake10

Unread postby Guest » Wed May 31, 2006 1:30 pm

Allesio is a pretty good fighter, he also started very young and worked his way back to the big show which is the UFC.
The UFC will not lose any viewers becuase of 1 fight, they are a money making giant that is now HUGE
Also consider that their fight was actually supposed to happen at UFC 59 but Diego had to pull out to some unknown virus that caused him to lose 20 pounds and couldnt train for 4 weeks.
I hate to say this, becuase I cant stand Diego, but he is a top notch fighter that will be around for awhile and he will only get better.

Return to The Rumble Room