Text Size

The Rumble Room

Pavlik news plus Cotto update

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Pavlik news plus Cotto update

Unread postby Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:34 am

Browns Stadium this summer, AWESOME.

http://www.maxboxing.com/Kolb/Kolb121207.asp

Unread postby swerb » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:42 am

Great column. A lot of good info.

Pavlik fighting at Browns Stadium. That is going to be absolutely excellent.

The column pretty much laid out his plans. Non title rematch at 166 with Taylor in Feb. Title defense of the 160 belts at Browns Stadium against Duddy or Arthur Abraham in June. And then a move up to 168 to take on Hopkins, Kessler, or Calzaghe. Gonna be a fun year.

I expect DelaHoya to pass on the Cotto fight. Looks like Cottos two opponents in '08 are going to be Cintron and Margarito. Man, you throw out the first 3-4 rounds versus Paul Williams, and Margarito has been an ass beater theses last 3-4 years. Margarito - Cotto would be a great fight, and a slightly more dangerous one for Cotto than Cintron IMO.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby BernieBrown » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:32 pm

Wow Kelly ain't wasting no time trying to establish himself as a fighting champion. Arthur Abraham is one of the best middle weights out there and then to follow him up with two of the three listed above is insane in this day and age.

Usually a champion will have a big fight, and then fight a well known who is now a tomato can. However if Kelley wins against Abraham and then goes right into a fight with Kessler or Joe he gets major props. I kinda hope though that he will fight Hopkins before taking a fight with the other two.
BernieBrown

Unread postby Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:32 pm

Cintron was actually set to fight Paul Williams but hurt his hand in a tune-up where he looked average at best. Not sure if that will go down or not.

Unread postby bustedknuckles » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:25 pm

Bernie-I think your right in that at some point Kelly will need to have a "breather" fight mixed in here, provided he keeps winning. Back to back fights against Taylor is going to be challenging enough on it's own.

As far as fighting BHop goes, that fight is at least a year away and that's if Hopkins beats Calzaghe and doesn't retire again after the fight....so I don't see it happening.
bustedknuckles

Return to The Rumble Room