Text Size

The Rumble Room

Calzaghe/Hopkins

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Calzaghe/Hopkins

Unread postby swerb » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:27 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Next up was a sideshow involving the combatants in what could be one of 2008’s great match-ups, Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe. The pair had already clashed angrily in the MGM media center earlier in the day, with Hopkins barking at the Welshman that he would "never lose to a white boy."

News of the encounter had filtered through to the crowd, and whereas Sugar Shane Mosley, Juan-Manuel Marquez, Marco Antonio Barrera and Oscar De La Hoya all received a respectful ovation as they were paraded on stage, "The Executioner" was greeted with a chorus of boos.

Minutes later, Calzaghe was brought out and he and Hopkins stood face-to-face before being separated. The pro-Calzaghe crowd immediately rounded on Hopkins once again, raining down taunting songs on the man from Philadelphia.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:33 pm

I would love to see Calzaghe beat Hopkin's ass.
I hate him.
What a piece of garbage.

Unread postby BernieBrown » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:54 am

I think this had fight of the year written all over it about five years ago. However this fight is gonna happen a bit to late. Its a shame to because the Brits will see a win by Joe as vindication for the Hatton debacle. I just can see Hopkins winning this if he fights like he has the past few years.
BernieBrown

Unread postby Guest » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:28 pm

I honestly have no interest in this fight.
Calzaghe should have a few other guys on his mind but must want a payday NOW!

Return to The Rumble Room