Text Size

The Rumble Room

EliteXC MMA on Showtime tonight

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

EliteXC MMA on Showtime tonight

Unread postby Guest » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:30 am

Solid card.
I love watching Nick Diaz fight.
Kimbo Slice fighting also.

http://www.elitexc.com/

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:47 am

Spoon, I've watched parts of the Elite shows on Showtime before.

Is EliteXC simply another MMA league like UFC? Is it the 2nd biggest behind UFC?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:24 am

It is along the lines of the UFC. They have a good core of fighters.
It's up there with Strikeforce and now Mark Cuban's HDNet Fights.
The WEC would be the 2nd best in my book but it's owned by the UFC so it goes hand and hand with that.

Nick Diaz is one of the best fighters in the world and Kimbo Slice is a freak of nature. Check Kimbo out on YouTube if you haven't already. Scary shit.

Unread postby Guest » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:42 am

The night’s full results included:

KJ Noons def. Nick Diaz via TKO (doctor’s stoppage — cuts) — Round 1, 5:00
Kevin Ferguson(aka Kimbo Slice) def. Bo Cantrell via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 0:19
Jake Shields def. Mike Pyle via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 1, 3:39
Kyle Noke def. Seth Kleinbeck via TKO (doctor’s stoppage — cut) — Round 2, 4:22
Antonio Silva def. Jonathan Wiezorek via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 1, 3:12
Geoff Bumstead def. Robert Ruiz via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 1, 1:30
Yves Edwards def. Nick Gonzalez via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 1, 3:05
Matt Lucas def. Jon Kirk via unanimous decision
Brett Rogers def. Ralph Kelly via submission (strikes) — Round 1, 1:43
Jae Suk Lim def. Daniel Pineda via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 1, 2:42

Unread postby Guest » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:45 am

Diaz was pissed at the stoppage but his cuts were bad. He ran out of the cage and was flicking everyone off. He hasn;t changed one bit and I love it.
The Kimbo Slice fight was bad, it reminded me of a Tyson fight where he just swung and the guy fell down. I'm not sure if he even hit Cantrell and he went down tapping like a bitch. Seemed a bit shady.

Unread postby mswerb » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:10 pm

FightDr wrote:It is along the lines of the UFC. They have a good core of fighters.
It's up there with Strikeforce and now Mark Cuban's HDNet Fights.
The WEC would be the 2nd best in my book but it's owned by the UFC so it goes hand and hand with that.

Nick Diaz is one of the best fighters in the world and Kimbo Slice is a freak of nature. Check Kimbo out on YouTube if you haven't already. Scary shit.

I checked out this dude and he serves up some pretty good backyard beatdowns. In one fight, he beats down one dude, and then turns around and serves up a beatdown on another guy. great entertainment for all. (punch)
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:13 pm

FightDr wrote:Diaz was pissed at the stoppage but his cuts were bad. He ran out of the cage and was flicking everyone off. He hasn;t changed one bit and I love it.
The Kimbo Slice fight was bad, it reminded me of a Tyson fight where he just swung and the guy fell down. I'm not sure if he even hit Cantrell and he went down tapping like a bitch. Seemed a bit shady.

Kimbo hit Cantrell watch the replay he hits him with a short uppercut and a wicked body shot right under his arm which is what dropped him. Im no Kimbo fanatic but the guy can brawl I would love to see him fight Alexander Emilyenko. Diaz is a punk I laugh at his beatdown by KJ Noons the same way I laughed at Charles Bennet getting KO'ed but he did beat Takanori Gomeii which is no small feat so as a fighter I respect Diaz.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Guest » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:07 pm

I disagree about him landing a good shot.

Here is part of the fight and all i could find online.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthrea ... did=677570

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:53 pm

FightDr wrote:I disagree about him landing a good shot.

Here is part of the fight and all i could find online.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthrea ... did=677570

Yeah I watched it again and I stand by what I said that underarm punch did the damage its a strange way to get a knockdown but it worked. Whats your Opinion on M-1 and where can I see their fights?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Guest » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:41 pm

He scratched him armpit, terrible.

M-1?
I think it's a joke to be honest. Fedor hasn't fought anybody in a few years and won't until his contract with that joke of an organization is up.
He just wanted to get paid. He has no interest in proving he is the so called called best Heavyweight.

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:50 pm

FightDr wrote:He scratched him armpit, terrible.

M-1?
I think it's a joke to be honest. Fedor hasn't fought anybody in a few years and won't until his contract with that joke of an organization is up.
He just wanted to get paid. He has no interest in proving he is the so called called best Heavyweight.

Thats whats been bothering me about the Fedor fanboys he has fought no serious competition in a LONG time. I think hes a really talented fighter but I want to see him get challenged by someone who isnt a tomato can.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Return to The Rumble Room