Text Size

The Rumble Room

Calzaghe wants Hopkins or Winky?

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Calzaghe wants Hopkins or Winky?

Unread postby Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Why? No interest in either fight.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Birring110407.htm

Unread postby swerb » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:08 pm

$$$$$$$
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:21 pm

I could care less if Hopkins or Winky ever fight again. they are both boring as hell to watch.
I would like to see Calzaghe pick them both apart and finish them off finally.
I guess he could beat one of them up while Pavlik is off fighting JT again and possibly setting up that showdown at the end of 2008.

Unread postby swerb » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:34 pm

Thing is, Calzaghe is saying he's got 2 maybe three more fights in him and that he has no interest fighting as he approaches 40. He's 35 right now. Lampley said a couple times last night, "2 maybe 3 more fights is what hes saying".

IMO, he will fight Hopkins here in America in the spring. They'll be able to charge $49.99 for it and sell enough PPVs for these guys both to make a mint. Calzaghe has been leery to fight in the US because he can draw 50-60k a fight across the pond. I think he can now do it here with a name like Hopkins.

After Calzaghe takes apart Hopkins, I think you're right Spoon ... at that point he'll be ready for Pavlik after he beats Taylor again.

What a fight that would be. Good god.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby bustedknuckles » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:14 pm

Why no outcry for a rematch with Kessler? That seems to be the logical choice IMO.

Watching Hopkins is akin to watching paint dry. He's only interesting when he's throwing low blows or punching in a clinch or behind the head. The only Top 10 list that he belongs on is the one for the dirtiest fighters of all time.
bustedknuckles

Return to The Rumble Room