Text Size

The Rumble Room

Gatti handed a title shot at 147......

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Gatti handed a title shot at 147......

Unread postby The Ko King » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:30 pm

I've been out of the loop awhile, and saw that Gatti/Baldomir is set for this summer. I guess beating Thomas Damgaard makes you worthy of a title shot. What a fucking joke. HBO played this one right, put Gatti in with some bums in AC, then match him with Baldomir, who is extremely limited skillwise. Gatti was fun to watch several years ago, I enjoyed the Rodriguez fight the most, but his career was built on the Ward fights, and Ward wasn't anything to speak of. A marginal contender. He won the fights he should have won, was stopped by Angel Manfreddy, and slapped all over the ring by Ivan Robinson. The last decent fighter he beat was Leonard Dorin, a couple of years ago. That got him the shot at Floyd, and after that asskicking of mass proportions, I would have thought HBO would have quit pimping him as a serious challenger. Fuck no, he's back in the mix, and I think it's bullshit. Question is, if he does beat Baldomir, does he want to fight Floyd to unify some belts? I would say he'll run like hell from that, as he should. Like John Ruiz, he just keeps hanging around. Like Ruiz, he's a turd stuck to the side of a toilet bowl, no matter how many times you flush, he's still right there. I am praying Baldomir rids us of this over rated, HBO hyped motherfucker once and for all.
The Ko King
Boxing Guru

Return to The Rumble Room