Text Size

The Rumble Room

Tarver vs Hopkins is set for June 10th and another rumor

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Tarver vs Hopkins is set for June 10th and another rumor

Unread postby Guest » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:41 pm

Why?
Money, that's why.
I am looking forward to Hopkins getting beat like the washed up old man he is. Tarver will make him look silly.

Also, there are rumblings that Joe Calzaghe, fresh off his destruction of Jeff Lacy, wants to fight Roy Jones in July.
????????????????????????????
He must want to get paid also
Go get 'em Roy.

Unread postby The Ko King » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:24 pm

Hopkins, the self proclaimed greatest ever at 160, is going to go out with three straight losses. So much for his "legacy". On Jones/Calzaghe, at this point, I will be pulling hard for Jones, but think Calzaghe can beat him. Both guys have been accused of fighting inferior compettition. Calzaghe just exposed and schooled Lacy, and Jones took rematches with both Tarver and Johnson when he didn't have to, and he sure as hell doesn't need the money.
That shit can be thrown out the window. Jones fits into the "former great considered washed up who may have one decent performance left in him". If, a big if, he gets rid of his old man in his camp, has no distractions, and works harder than he has in years, he can be competitive in the fight.

The big question is, at what weight? Jones will not go through the crap to get to 168, it will have to be at a catchweight, or at 175. And, I can't see Jones agreeing to go to England. I would like to see this, much better matchup than Jones/Hopkins 2.
The Ko King
Boxing Guru

Return to The Rumble Room