Text Size

The Rumble Room

Wrestler Chris Benoit, family, found dead

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Wrestler Chris Benoit, family, found dead

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:15 am

Police are investigating it as a murder-suicide. Supposedly Benoit killed his family sometime over the weekend, then killed himself sometime today.

The version I heard, and you won't hear this on news reports yet, is that his wife was going to leave him, and take their son with her. He snapped, and suffocated both of them, and then hung himself.

I heard that part on a message board, but this was posted well before the murder-suicide was announced. So it could be legitimate, or at least close to the truth.

But I guess we'll see in the near future. For his case, I hope it's not true.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:35 am

Sick mother f-ers out there.

Unread postby intenso » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:19 pm

ATLANTA (AP) -- A law enforcement official close to the
investigation tells The Associated Press that pro wrestler Chris
Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging
himself in his weight room.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
APTV-06-26-07 0939PDT
intenso
alt.total.loser

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:43 pm

Roid rage?

What a piece of shit.

Unread postby intenso » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:23 pm

roid rage seems to simple. He's probably been doing steroids and other drugs (painkillers, whatever) for his entire career.

They did find anabolic steroids in his house though. Wonder what kind of backlash is going to come back on the WWE for this.
intenso
alt.total.loser

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:03 pm

WWE held a tribute to him last night.
Why?
What a scumbag.
They should never mention that piece of crap again.
F him.

Unread postby intenso » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:27 pm

FightDr wrote:WWE held a tribute to him last night.
Why?
What a scumbag.
They should never mention that piece of crap again.
F him.

They taped it yesterday afternoon, not knowing any details. Supposedly they are going to apologize for it tonight on ECW.
intenso
alt.total.loser

Unread postby intenso » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:29 pm

from the WWE:

WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting
Written: June 26, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.
intenso
alt.total.loser

Re: Wrestler Chris Benoit, family, found dead

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:19 pm

StewieG wrote:Police are investigating it as a murder-suicide. Supposedly Benoit killed his family sometime over the weekend, then killed himself sometime today.

The version I heard, and you won't hear this on news reports yet, is that his wife was going to leave him, and take their son with her. He snapped, and suffocated both of them, and then hung himself.

I heard that part on a message board, but this was posted well before the murder-suicide was announced. So it could be legitimate, or at least close to the truth.

But I guess we'll see in the near future. For his case, I hope it's not true.

Looks like that guy was actually right. Just an awful situation. Drugs, even if they are the official reason, are no excuse. FWIW, I don't think this was a result of roid rage (though I'm sure he used them).

This is just a surreal story. I honestly think this is going to be one of those that gets talked about for years (like the George Reeves story, the OJ Trial, that kind of thing) and I don't think we'll ever really know what caused it. Marriage problems certainly make sense, but...the thing with the Bible confuses me, and why on earth would he kill his son if his wife was leaving him? Especially a day after he killed his wife? I think there's something big that we don't know about.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby intenso » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:09 am

Wrestler was juicing boy with growth-hormone drug - official

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit apparently was pumping human-growth hormone into his 7-year-old son in the weeks before he killed his wife, the boy and himself at their suburban Atlanta home while consumed by "roid rage," a prosecutor said yesterday.

Fayette County, Ga., District Attorney Scott Ballard said Daniel Benoit had needle marks on his arm. Ballard said he believed the boy had been given growth hormone because his parents considered the boy undersized.

"The boy was very small, even dwarfed," Ballard said.
intenso
alt.total.loser

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:06 pm

There is no possible excuse for killing your family, I don't care how you see it. His son had a disability that caused autistic-like actions, some slight retardation. More that likely, this kid had no idea what was going on. Hope Benoit rots in hell! :evil: :evil:
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Return to The Rumble Room