Text Size

The Rumble Room

Six Fights I Wanna See

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Six Fights I Wanna See

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:51 pm

1. Jermain Taylor - Kelly Pavlik

This one just needs to happen.

2. Joe Calzaghe - Floyd Mayweather
3. Ricky Hatton - Miguel Cotto

The two Brits are both unbeaten, both have taken heavy criticism for not fighting anyone up until Calzaghe's dominance of Jeff Lacy and Hatton's destruction of Kosta Zsuyu and Jose Luis Castillo. At a combined 85-0, it's time to see exactly what these two are made of with fights against the two guys I feel are the top two pound for pound fighters in the sport.

4. Manny Pacquiao - Juan Manuel Marquez 2

The kings of the featherweights. And the first fight, which ended in a draw, was a bloody classic.

5. Marco Antonio Barrera - Erik Morales 4

Along with Ali-Frazier and Gatti-Ward, one of the greatest trilolgies in boxing history. Cue up #4 on the same card as Pacquiao-Marquez 2.

6. Wladimir Klitschko - Samuel Peter 2

Peter's only loss was to Wlad 2-3 years ago in a fight he knocked the big Russian down three times in. Peter has since asecended to #2 in the Ring Mag heavyweight rankings with 4 straight wins, the last two over James Toney.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to The Rumble Room