Text Size

The Rumble Room

Cotto Stops Judah in Brutal, Bloody Instant Classic

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:16 am

I totally forgot about this one last night.

Cotto is a bad ass. Hands down, #2 pound for pound behind Floyd right now.

Can't wait to watch the replay next Saturday on HBO ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:12 am

Holy shit, what a fight! Watched the replay last night. Absolutely epic. 20,000 packed the Madison Square Garden for it, the place was going nuts.

Cotto is right up there with Pavlik right now as my favorite fighter. Dude is a warrior. He was a bloody mess early on in the fight. Just kept coming at Zab, coming non stop. Merchant made a great analogy. Cotto is like an ocean in a rainstorm. Just keeps pounding you with wave after wave of punishment.

Judah hung in there pretty well I gained alot of respect for him in this fight. Cotto just worde him down eventually outclassing him in the 11th.

I have to say, this fight, along with Pavlik/Miranda ... two of the greatest fights I've ever seen. This one was superb. As much blood as I've seen in a fight in a long time. Two guys who just wanted it so bad, kept coming and coming at each other despite cuts, blood loss, fatigue, exhaustion.

If you have HBO on Demand, and haven't seen this one up ... crack open a cold one and cue it up.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to The Rumble Room